Sign in to follow this  
Lord Starkiller

Lego and deodorant?

I was messing about with My Lego, When I saw A Small Sharpie Smudge on the Back of my Clonetrooper minifig!

I Grabbed my Deoderant can and hoped the high presure Liquid would take it off.

Turns out the chemicals React and turn the Dry sharpie back to liquid form! Here's what to do:

You need:

1 Can of Deodourant ( I Used Lynx)

Something to cover your mouth with ( You don't want be Breathing this stuff in!)

A Sink

2 rubber gloves ( Sharpie Stains.)

What do do:

Get your deodorant and spray it ( At point Blanc) at the Sharpied Area for around 20 seconds. Hold the Figure over a Sink and Quickly ( With gloves on) Rub the Sharpie off. Be sure to apply Presure, but not too much, you don't want to Take the Print off! Be sure to Cover mouth and nose to Stop The Chemicles from getting to your Lungs.

Done!

...and you're supposed to spray that stuff on your body?

To remove permanent marker from stuff i generally use, well, permanent marker.... and a cloth obviously....

Try it somewhere inconspicuous... it works.

Yea, thats what I thought too. :sick:

Anyways, I know that drawing a dry-erase marker over the Sharpie takes it away and then rubbing it off with one of the dry-erase marker erasers or your finger takes it off of some surfaces, but I have yet to see whether or not it works on Lego.

They are alcohol based, both sharpies and deoderant/body spray. The one breaks down the other. Hairspray is also alcohol baseds, but it is sticky so not advised! I mentioned it before in one of the "How do I remove sharpie" threads.

They are alcohol based, both sharpies and deoderant/body spray. The one breaks down the other. Hairspray is also alcohol baseds, but it is sticky so not advised! I mentioned it before in one of the "How do I remove sharpie" threads.

would you mind providing a link?

I have been using rubbing alcohol for Sharpie/permanent ink removal for years.

It is safe, cheap, and works very fast.

Ahab out...

Well, spraying it for 20 seconds would make a rather high concentration of it, so like anything else, its (less) harmful in moderation i suppose