KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I just bought a sealed 7749 (Echo base) from Ebay, not a bad price & it was 100% charity listing which was good. Currently planning a decent Hoth medical bay and I needed a suitable Han; although I’m sure that the Tauntaun will come in handy at some point! :wink:

After no delivery, an eBay case and a refund from PayPal, I finally got my hands on two 30051 Mini X-Wings and a 30054 Mini AT-ST from another seller. I thought I might try to make a display of the X-Wings with my Midi-Falcon. The AT-ST might just stay in the packet - if they can't make it look good on the packaging I don't hold out much hope for the real version.

I quite like the Mini X-Wing, I found myself swooshing it after I built the first one - I'm middle aged :blush: - is this normal?

Edited by Praiter Yed

I quite like the Mini X-Wing, I found myself swooshing it after I built the first one - I'm middle aged :blush: - is this normal?

Of course it is. The true test of any LEGO spaceship that isn't a huge cruiser is whether or not you can swoosh it.

I'm middle aged... I swoosh when noone is around. Though, I disagree with your post on the other forum. I'd love to swoosh an UCS A-wing. Don't worry Praiter Yed, we're all a little bit not normal. :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Churchill

i was swooshing the X-Wing from the Dagobah set as well as the desert skiff (more like zooming for the skiffs). :laugh:

After no delivery, an eBay case and a refund from PayPal, I finally got my hands on two 30051 Mini X-Wings and a 30054 Mini AT-ST from another seller. I thought I might try to make a display of the X-Wings with my Midi-Falcon. The AT-ST might just stay in the packet - if they can't make it look good on the packaging I don't hold out much hope for the real version.

We're AFOLs; the question is, are any of us normal? :tongue:

Oh, and I doubt that 30051 will look "correct" next to 7778; in spite of the fact that the length of the Falcon is still under debate (anywhere from 25 to 35m, which is a huge degree of uncertainty) the 7+cm 30051 will look ridiculously large next to it. But I suppose that's something only a Star Wars fan would notice. :laugh:

And I enjoy swooshing my X-wings as well (though swooshing in the nude is something only KimT would attempt :tongue: ). Don't worry guy - I'd say you're within the range of "normal" accepted here...

We're AFOLs; the question is, are any of us normal? :tongue:

(though swooshing in the nude is something only KimT would attempt :tongue: ).

Yes. Everyone else is abnormal. From a certain point of view.

Funny, I was just reading that topic a few hours ago.

Just waiting for them to get here. Thanks to member kyphur, I'll be adding Commander Fox(last needed Commander), 2 more Clone gunners, and 7679 Republic Fighter Tank to my regime.

Edited by Legocrazy81

just ordered a few Biker Scouts from Bricklink for my Endor MOC (cross fingers on that).

Oh, and I doubt that 30051 will look "correct" next to 7778; in spite of the fact that the length of the Falcon is still under debate (anywhere from 25 to 35m, which is a huge degree of uncertainty) the 7+cm 30051 will look ridiculously large next to it. But I suppose that's something only a Star Wars fan would notice. :laugh:

Let me put this into perspective :grin: ; I would be making an 'in-flight' display with the X-Wings in front so the scale would not be so important.

And I enjoy swooshing my X-wings as well (though swooshing in the nude is something only KimT would attempt :tongue: ). Don't worry guy - I'd say you're within the range of "normal" accepted here...

:laugh:

hey all, first post on these forums

just picked up

7962 Anakin's and Sebulba's Podracers

7965 Millennium Falcon

:grin:

Welcome to the Star Wars forum Brickmamba!

Enjoy your builds, especially the Millennium Falcon. :wink:

I found 7101 and 7128 at a yard sale along with a bag of legos! The two sets were incomplete although they both had the minifigures in good condition! That's a Dath Maul, Qin Gon Jin, two Scout troopers, and Luke! All for $5!!! I could barely contain my excitement when I bought those.

7101-1.jpg

7128-1.jpg

Yay!

I found 7101 and 7128 at a yard sale along with a bag of legos! The two sets were incomplete although they both had the minifigures in good condition! That's a Dath Maul, Qin Gon Jin, two Scout troopers, and Luke! All for $5!!! I could barely contain my excitement when I bought those.

7101-1.jpg

7128-1.jpg

Yay!

Nice. :classic: I wish they would make new bagged SW sets with minifigures.

Edited by sharky

Yay!

Did you get funny looks from the sellers? :tongue:

I took advantage of TRUs BOGO 90% off. Bought 2 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder(anyone need Barriss Offee, PM me) and another 7929 Battle of Naboo.

7101-1.jpg

7128-1.jpg

Yay!

You're lucky! And I recently bought LEGO 10188 - Death Star. It's very big and nice!

Yay!

good price u got there! get the lost parts from Bricklink or scrounge through the bag of loose parts you bought.

7101-1.jpg

7128-1.jpg

Yay!

Yeah I got them when they first came out I was 7 a the time :grin:, that takes me back, they must have been my first Lego purchases :sweet:. I still have the 7101 but I made the mistake of taking the 7128 into school where the teacher took it off me and I never saw it again, all I have left of it is the lightsabre and the scout troopers and the two megaphone blasters :cry_sad:.

Yeah I got them when they first came out I was 7 a the time :grin:, that takes me back, they must have been my first Lego purchases :sweet:. I still have the 7101 but I made the mistake of taking the 7128 into school where the teacher took it off me and I never saw it again, all I have left of it is the lightsabre and the scout troopers and the two megaphone blasters :cry_sad:.

your teacher may be an AFOL too! :laugh:

go check if he could be in this forum... :laugh:

That's funny, 7128 was my second SW set, I still have one scout trooper and the other incomplete scout trooper left, but where they used to be white, they have a nasty yellow color all over their helmets and torso. :sad:

your teacher may be an AFOL too! :laugh:

go check if he could be in this forum... :laugh:

They more than likely ended up in the big Lego box in one of the classrooms where no child could get any bricks out on pain off death.

I've since got the rest of the set back via bricklink. I like to think that my teacher put the parts on BL and I got my original set back but that's a million to one chance :grin:.

Ordered another Death Star play set to put aside for later. Thinking of picking up the pod racers set next because I just love the look of it, just depends what price I can get it for

Placed my first Bricklink order today, guess that makes me part of the team huh? :laugh:

oh oh...be prepared to get on the road of no return! Bricklink is seriously addictive! :laugh: