KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

5 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Finally got my hands on my copy of the Skywalker Saga, and celebrated by picking up the Republic fighter tank. I can't decide what to think of it... Although I really like the 2017 one, I think the scale on this one is pretty perfect, it's a nice compromise between the various versions of the tank, and of course the minifigures are great. But there are so many gaps around the cockpit and the back of it, and the side cannons keep drooping, which is infuriating.

I was initially going to part it out as there's a few parts I want for another project, but I'm undecided. I might re-build the old one and put them side-by-side to decide.

David Hall (Solid Brix Studios) posted a really nice modification to the set that I might recreate myself whenever I get my copies. It looked closer in size to the 2017 one, might be worth looking into.

11 hours ago, The Stud said:

David Hall (Solid Brix Studios) posted a really nice modification to the set that I might recreate myself whenever I get my copies. It looked closer in size to the 2017 one, might be worth looking into.

Thanks for the tip, that version does look pretty good and certainly much closer to the BFII model. I might mod mine and compare with the 2017 one for size.

I got lucky browsing ebay last weekend during a very slow night shift (the perks of working from home) and found a nearby seller with some good deals: while we wait for the AT-TE to come my separatist army grew with the addition of 7748 Tank Droid, 75040 Wheelbike and 75085 Hailfire Droid, all complete with minfigs.
Also my friends gifted me the 75329 Trench Run diorama for my birthday, which I wasn't thinking of getting but am now looking forward to build :)

Today i went to town and finally picked up 9674 Naboo Starfighter and 75006 Jedi Starfighter & Kamino from the Planet Series. I have seen them on shelves since i left my dark ages and they must have been there for 8 or 9 years or so. I never had much interest in the planets but maybe i can use them for mocs :shrug_oh_well: They have some more (although not the most desirable ones) and next year i go again and buy the Asteroid Field & Tie Bomber :iamded_lol:

48 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Today i went to town and finally picked up 9674 Naboo Starfighter and 75006 Jedi Starfighter & Kamino from the Planet Series. I have seen them on shelves since i left my dark ages and they must have been there for 8 or 9 years or so. I never had much interest in the planets but maybe i can use them for mocs :shrug_oh_well: They have some more (although not the most desirable ones) and next year i go again and buy the Asteroid Field & Tie Bomber :iamded_lol:

If they have death star, you totally have to get it. The lower half of the planet alone sells more than the set itself did! (I believe this is because it's being used as an engine in some of the famous ISD mocs)

32 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If they have death star, you totally have to get it. The lower half of the planet alone sells more than the set itself did! (I believe this is because it's being used as an engine in some of the famous ISD mocs)

It's one of those old fashioned toy stores, crammed with a lot of stuff. They have Naboo, both Endor, Kamino and one Asteroid Field, one Alderaan. Mabye one Hoth or Yavin IV, i already forgot. Altogether around a dozen planet sets.

Last year they also had one Bespin, but unfortunately it was gone when i was there today.

Finally got the Mos Eisley Cantina for Double VIP today. I believe it’s my biggest Star Wars set now, excluding the Sith Art set.

I also lucked out and got a third of the Forest Hideout promo because my Lego Store still had some.

I've still got some second hand purchases coming in with minifigs, mostly imperial.

And last Saturday I got 75320 Snowtrooper battle pack on a good discount. On top of that, last week a friend got his hands on two 40558 Phase I clone battle packs for me (sold out within the hour of course).