KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Recommended Posts

Finally got my UCS Republic Gunship. Voted for it, no idea where I'm going to put it, but that ship was my childhood. My first (any maybe only) UCS had to be a prequel ship. I would love that AT-AT though, and ironically it would probably be easier to display as it's more vertical, but that price is another level. Glad to hear you all got on well with getting one last night and the site didn't crash. :excited:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

Finally got my UCS Republic Gunship. Voted for it, no idea where I'm going to put it, but that ship was my childhood. My first (any maybe only) UCS had to be a prequel ship. I would love that AT-AT though, and ironically it would probably be easier to display as it's more vertical, but that price is another level. Glad to hear you all got on well with getting one last night and the site didn't crash. :excited:

I love mine - I installed LED's and got some clone troopers for it.

It's a big boy tho - wide - and beware of its back side being heavy ended.

My only gripe is they should have made the wing turrets more turret and less "bubble" - but they did a great job overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kage Goomba said:

I love mine - I installed LED's and got some clone troopers for it.

It's a big boy tho - wide - and beware of its back side being heavy ended.

My only gripe is they should have made the wing turrets more turret and less "bubble" - but they did a great job overall.

That must look amazing :oh3:

The width is a killer for display. I know where I could put the AT-AT, but the Gunship might have to end up back in a box. :iamded_lol:

Thanks for the heads up. I've built some big sets recently, including the Hogwarts Moments and Hogwarts Castle, but I think this is going to be a new building experience for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been deliberating on it for a while, and still think I prefer the UCS Star Destroyer, but when Zavvi's $150 off the Millennium Falcon came around again, I went for it. My first LEGO Star Wars purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

That must look amazing :oh3:

The width is a killer for display. I know where I could put the AT-AT, but the Gunship might have to end up back in a box. :iamded_lol:

Thanks for the heads up. I've built some big sets recently, including the Hogwarts Moments and Hogwarts Castle, but I think this is going to be a new building experience for me.

For your viewing pleasure.

rep_gunship.jpg
The Laser cannons blink green - camera didn't catch it in time.
The clone troopers are some Chinese knock off I bought off Ebay but for display purposes (minus the one that came with it) - worked out nicely.

And yes Mace Windu's Lightsabre is Mutha-fin lit. :)
Light kit is from Light my bricks.com - I highly recommend the kit - turned out nicely. (Be warned it won't sit flat without the stand but it looks better on stand anyway)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

For your viewing pleasure.
The Laser cannons blink green - camera didn't catch it in time.
The clone troopers are some Chinese knock off I bought off Ebay but for display purposes (minus the one that came with it) - worked out nicely.

And yes Mace Windu's Lightsabre is Mutha-fin lit. :)
Light kit is from Light my bricks.com - I highly recommend the kit - turned out nicely. (Be warned it won't sit flat without the stand but it looks better on stand anyway)

Thanks for the photo! Looks very cool. I can understand the knock offs as clones are ridiculously pricey. Some day soon Lego will revisit AOTC or ROTS and give us another way to get plain clones - they have too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the AT-AT (w/ Skywalker saber) last night as well!

Do we have any idea how long the GWP lasted for? The last I checked was around 1:00 AM EST before hitting the sack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided that unless my Death Star sells before christmas I'll be getting the Daily Bugle as a christmas present to myself instead of the AT-AT, but I'm eyeing the mandalorian forge.

 

Any suggestions for retired, currently $50ish sets from the OT or PT era? Wanting to bulk up my imperial, republic, and rebel armies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Okay @Kage Goomba It looks like one of the January accessory packs is AOTC troopers!

I'll have to keep an eye out for it :)

The ones I got where supposed to match "cody" - all orange stripping and such - and a variety of weapons - so hopefully Lego will have some nice options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 x 501st clone set. Down to £16.50 on Amazon UK*

(Sorry to those in Aus, where this set seems so rare. I did see how much shipping would be to help anyone out and it's probably not worth the price compared to the resellers/scalpers over there.)

 

*Also available from John Lewis for the same price if you don't want to support Amazon

Edited by azzer86
* added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week i ordered 8 first order trooper polybags for my first order army which will pretty much be turned into a squad of 9 led by Phasma. I am also rewatching rebels so i ended up ordering a good amount of stormtroopers: few from death trooper BP, 5 from rebels BP and 1 new one. And finally i got a 2020 tie fighter which is a first OT set i bought since the battle of Endor back in 2009. If i end up liking the new stormtrooper helmets i will get 2 imperial marauders and imperial dropship BP with Han to make a squad of 9 if not i will just buy old helmets and replace the 2 new ones, but won't get marauders or the 2019 BP. 

Eyeing a ton of other stuff especially for army building now that we know we will get phase 1 minifigure packs from the old phase 1 Lieutenant to lead my platoon to 4 old phase 1 sergeants to lead my squads. 
Also need to figure out who will lead my snowtrooper squad after i buy 3 new snowtrooper BP, will probably need to buy Veers.
Lot of fun projects for January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few months ago now, I somehow managed to get hold of UCS Snow Speeder 75144-1. I probably paid £40 more than it's original price but it was well worth it. A very enjoyable build which I've also enjoyed modifying to improve it's already good looks!

Saving now for the UCS Millennium Falcon and praying nothing else I really like comes out before I get one. I have no room for one but am considering moving all of my partners stuff into the back garden to do so... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Boba Fett said:

A few months ago now, I somehow managed to get hold of UCS Snow Speeder 75144-1. I probably paid £40 more than it's original price but it was well worth it. A very enjoyable build which I've also enjoyed modifying to improve it's already good looks!

Saving now for the UCS Millennium Falcon and praying nothing else I really like comes out before I get one. I have no room for one but am considering moving all of my partners stuff into the back garden to do so... 

I've been aiming for that too - You shopping on Ebay or do you have a 'nother source for golden sets like that?

Been lucky myself - grabbed the TIE Fighter (75095) and Jedi Defender for 1-200 hundred USD cheaper - missing the Box for the TIE Fighter - had to spend 75 cents as it was missing one piece (pilots blaster) LOL! - Been aiming for the UCS Y-Wing (75181) and UCS B-Wing (10227) as well. Ok ill stop - my wish list is a bit long and spendy. XD

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Took advantage of the 15% Rakuten cash back on Monday to get the UCS Star Destroyer.

Congrats on buying your 3 Foot long beast of a beautiful set. Take your time with it - its VERY challenging - you won't forget it. I actually "lit mine up" with LED's. :)

2 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

AT-AT from Thanksgiving should arrive today. 2 shipments (promo and set). Excited to add to the collection!

I'm jealous - mines arriving tomorrow *pouts*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

Congrats on buying your 3 Foot long beast of a beautiful set. Take your time with it - its VERY challenging - you won't forget it. I actually "lit mine up" with LED's. :)

Yes, I'm tempted to put some lighting in it. Not sure whether to light the engines and display them outward, or try to get some shadows on it, to make it dramatic like the box art. But looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Yes, I'm tempted to put some lighting in it. Not sure whether to light the engines and display them outward, or try to get some shadows on it, to make it dramatic like the box art. But looking forward to it!

I went with brickmax ( https://www.briksmax.com/products/light-kit-for-imperial-star-destroyer-75253?_pos=5&_sid=066da9313&_ss=r)

Took me a month - its very intensive - but I felt this was the closest to "appropriate" lighting up the Star Destroyer.

If you need pointers let me know - If you DO get this kit - PM me - there are things you might want to know. :)

Can provide pics if you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kage Goomba said:

I went with brickmax ( https://www.briksmax.com/products/light-kit-for-imperial-star-destroyer-75253?_pos=5&_sid=066da9313&_ss=r)

Took me a month - its very intensive - but I felt this was the closest to "appropriate" lighting up the Star Destroyer.

If you need pointers let me know - If you DO get this kit - PM me - there are things you might want to know. :)

Can provide pics if you want.

Thanks! Will do! Might take me a while to build it though. Need to move house before I have space for it. Hopefully soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Thanks! Will do! Might take me a while to build it though. Need to move house before I have space for it. Hopefully soon.

Took me 2 weeks myself - A month for LED Kit after that - I also had to replace the manual....as mine arrived damaged - Lego sent one that was also damaged - 3rd one was lost in the mail.

So yes...I have 3. :) It's a funny story for a nice model hehe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.