KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I bought 75175 because....

There was something in the air that night,

I had to buy, for Lando!

I've gotten back into Lego Star Wars in a big way; over the last week I've purchased the Bounty Hunter Battle Pack, Darth Vader's Transformation, Phantom, Imperial Hovertank, Y-Wing, and Resistance X-Wing.

I'm next going to go for the U-Wing, Rathar Escape, and Krennic's Shuttle.

well a chunk of my  orders arrived I now own a Boushh & a Lando in Jabba's palace guard out fit both really cool and very happy with them

also bolstered the snow trooper ranks with 5 more so now have 9 to attack my UCS Assault on  Hoth  set

and brought some of the movie correct moulded weapons, I am  really pleased with these as well, ok these aren't real TLG stuff but they look great I have Han's blaster, Rey's blaster Boba Fett's rifle and then some of the Snow trooper rifles and the storm trooper & rebel carbines and a clone trooper long rifle the really look good and finish of the look of the figures nicely

19 hours ago, Spongebob456 said:

Purchased the Batman vs Superman Clash of Heroes set. Bidding on eBay for The Flying Dutchman's ship from the SpongeBob line at the moment.

Hi. This is the Star Wars forum, so please focus on your recent Star Wars purchases :wink:

21 hours ago, Spongebob456 said:

Purchased the Batman vs Superman Clash of Heroes set. Bidding on eBay for The Flying Dutchman's ship from the SpongeBob line at the moment.

That is not Star Wars! 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Hi. This is the Star Wars forum, so please focus on your recent Star Wars purchases :wink:

Maybe this is the thread he should be posting in...

Edit - I am not sure why that picture showed up in the link part, so sorry for that. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Add a comment

Picked up the U-Wing, Yoda's Jedi Starfighter, AT-ST, and the Rebels Medical Frigate! Really excited to build the frigate and making some modifications to the U-Wing.

brought another hover tank  on clearance at Tesco's £10 off plus one of the Lego Magazine snow trooper & probe droid (looking for double trooper issues)

My wife has brought me my Christmas present !! wont get it till then Sand crawler 75059 cant wait till December 25th

In the Netherlands they are doing a big sale on many sets of Rogue One and other sets too, discounts of at least 50-70% on sets. I asked the store manager and he said they were told by LEGO to clear shelves for Force Friday II. So I expect a lot of the sets to be retired soon too in other stores. Most of the sets are already out of stock btw (as expected). (Shops: Intertoys/Bart Smit/SpeelgoedNL and multiple smaller stores)

Sets affected are:

Battle of Takodana

Carbon Freezing Room

Encounter on Jakku

FO battle pack (old one)

All Rogue One and some TFA buildable figures (70%)

Resistance Transport

Kylo's Shuttle

Clone Turbo Tank

Krennic's Shuttle

Rey's Speeder

Kylo's Shuttle

Tie Striker

AT-ST

Imperial Hovertank

Captain Rex's AT-TE

Eclipse Fighter

Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike

Poe's X-wing

U-wing

FO-TIE

The Phantom

Rebel Trooper Battle Pack

Krennic Shuttle Microfighter

Imperial trooper Battle Pack

Couldn't resist these discounts, bought Krennic's shuttle (€53), Microfighter (€5), 7x Imperial trooper battle pack (€9), Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike (€18), Hovertank (€21), Carbon Freezing Room (€16) and got 2x free Jyn Erso Constraction with it. Wanted some more sets but most where already sold out :(

Edited by TWP

I bought alot of stuff in that dutch sale, will post full list later, it's very, very long  .:pir-grin:

I've bricklinked a black Kylo Shuttle that's coming in the mail.

Also just received a Shuttle Tyderium, and have a Resistance Troop Transporter coming.

My first Lego purchase since I was a kid (and didn't buy them myself) was just recently the new A-Wing.

This is after being sucked into Lego by an off brand that I think itsn't allowed to be discussed on here. I built a certain large and coveted set, and now I'm buying real Lego after a second set's quality disappointed me.

And I'm leaking money like a sieve.

Impulse buy on a second Ewok Village, but it was $240 (AU$300). Used but mint condition. 

Not great when I should be starting to Bricklink UT-60D U-Wing... 

Buildable Figure Stormtrooper Commander. Pretty cool, though I think I like him better as a plain Stormtrooper. A good addition to my Star Wars bookshelf.

I'll be more on topic this time lol.

I just bought and built 75171 "The Battle on Scarif". Loved R1 - one of my favourite SW movies and this was a great set to build and look at. I'm now in the process of acquiring minifigs to fill up the space. Got Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, Baze Malbus and Chirrut Imwe so far. Will likely Bricklink Bodhi and K2-SO as I'm not really interested in Krennic's Shuttle. 

I recently moved across the country so I haven't bought a new set in awhile.  As part of my packing I meticulously disassembled all of my sets and have been slowly rebuilding them all summmer, but I missed that feeling of a new set - slicing the tape on the box, opening the numbered bags along with the instructions and sorting the extra pieces into my collection.

I know TLJ sets are right around the corner, but I got impatient and on a whim purchased The Phantom 75170.  I do watch SW Rebels and have a few of the sets, but I was primarily buying this one for the Thrawn and Blind Kanan minifigs.  Even knowing that, this was one of the most disappointing sets I've bought in a long time. Not only is it barely passable as the ship from the show; it is overly reliant on stickers, the cockpit had no hinge, the landing gear doesn't line up, and the lasers are difficult to trigger.  Blech! 

Apologies for the gripe fest; I wish I had something better to say about it.  If you are on the fence I would avoid this one unless you really want the figs. I guess the BL prices for Thrawn and Kanan probably make it a wash if you get the set on sale like I did.  Maybe I'll check out some alternate build videos. 

Edited by Bley Harvest

As Lego had a HUGE "get rid of old SW stuff" sale in Europe -50% to -70%, i  had to make a decision, buy 1 new milenium falcon in oktober or everyting on the list below....I went on a shopping madness spree and bought a small army:

Normal sets:

1 x Battle of Takodana 33,95€

1 x Battle on Scariff 34,95€

1 x Kylo's Shuttle 45,48€

1 x Rebel combat frigate 68€

1 x Star Scavenger 33,95€ /piece

3 x Clone Turbo Tank 59,95€ /piece

1 x Krennic's Shuttle 39,48€

1 x Rey's Speeder 12,47€

3 x Tie Striker 23,98€ /piece

4 x AT-ST 24,95€ /piece

2 x Imperial Hovertank 17,98€ /piece

1 x Eclipse Fighter 22,5€

1 x Poe's X-wing 32,97€

1 x normal X Wing 34,98€

1 x U-wing 37,48€

3 x FO-TIE 37,95€ /piece

1 x The Phantom 25€

1 x Rebel Trooper Battle Pack 8,95€

4 x Imperial trooper Battle Pack 8,95€ /piece

Buildable figures:

2 x Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike 17,95€ /piece

3 x FO stormtrooper 5,98€ /piece

3 x Stormtrooper commander 8,98€ /piece

1 x Kylo Ren 7,95€

1 x K-2SO 7,95€

1 x Jyn Erso 3,95€

1 x Finn 7,95€

2 x Death trooper 8,98€ /piece

1 x Baze malbus 8,98€

1x Chirrut Imwe 8,98€

Edited by firefox

4 hours ago, firefox said:

As Lego had a HUGE "get rid of old SW stuff" sale in Europe -50% to -70%, i  had to make a decision, buy 1 new milenium falcon in oktober or everyting on the list below....I went on a shopping madness spree and bought a small army:

Normal sets:

1 x Battle of Takodana 33,95€

1 x Battle on Scariff 34,95€

1 x Kylo's Shuttle 45,48€

1 x Rebel combat frigate 68€

1 x Star Scavenger 33,95€ /piece

3 x Clone Turbo Tank 59,95€ /piece

1 x Krennic's Shuttle 39,48€

1 x Rey's Speeder 12,47€

3 x Tie Striker 23,98€ /piece

4 x AT-ST 24,95€ /piece

2 x Imperial Hovertank 17,98€ /piece

1 x Eclipse Fighter 22,5€

1 x Poe's X-wing 32,97€

1 x normal X Wing 34,98€

1 x U-wing 37,48€

3 x FO-TIE 37,95€ /piece

1 x The Phantom 25€

1 x Rebel Trooper Battle Pack 8,95€

4 x Imperial trooper Battle Pack 8,95€ /piece

Buildable figures:

2 x Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike 17,95€ /piece

3 x FO stormtrooper 5,98€ /piece

3 x Stormtrooper commander 8,98€ /piece

1 x Kylo Ren 7,95€

1 x K-2SO 7,95€

1 x Jyn Erso 3,95€

1 x Finn 7,95€

2 x Death trooper 8,98€ /piece

1 x Baze malbus 8,98€

1x Chirrut Imwe 8,98€

"Madness" :D

8 hours ago, Bley Harvest said:

I recently moved across the country so I haven't bought a new set in awhile.  As part of my packing I meticulously disassembled all of my sets and have been slowly rebuilding them all summmer, but I missed that feeling of a new set - slicing the tape on the box, opening the numbered bags along with the instructions and sorting the extra pieces into my collection.

I know TLJ sets are right around the corner, but I got impatient and on a whim purchased The Phantom 75170.  I do watch SW Rebels and have a few of the sets, but I was primarily buying this one for the Thrawn and Blind Kanan minifigs.  Even knowing that, this was one of the most disappointing sets I've bought in a long time. Not only is it barely passable as the ship from the show; it is overly reliant on stickers, the cockpit had no hinge, the landing gear doesn't line up, and the lasers are difficult to trigger.  Blech! 

Apologies for the gripe fest; I wish I had something better to say about it.  If you are on the fence I would avoid this one unless you really want the figs. I guess the BL prices for Thrawn and Kanan probably make it a wash if you get the set on sale like I did.  Maybe I'll check out some alternate build videos. 

I have the set and don't mind it too much, although it's far from perfect. It's not very elegant and the fin at the top should be much longer. I got it on sale too so I feel a little better. I do quite like as a display piece although I may dismantle it later. I won't be purchasing many, if any, of the TLJ sets (at least not this year) so I'll leave it assembled for now while I have the space.