KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

It came in the mail with a small catalog. The awing set sounds good with the coupon because that set is definitely not worth $90.

Using it on that or the AT-TE or the CTT brings them down to or closer to the 10 cents per part ratio. The other 4 sets it takes them way under. But I agree with you, the A-Wing/TIE is more palatable at $72. But 20% off the AT-TE is hard to pass up. I would have a hard time choosing between the two.

Edited by JPN366

Using it on that or the AT-TE or the CTT brings them down to or closer to the 10 cents per part ratio. The other 4 sets it takes them way under. But I agree with you, the A-Wing/TIE is more palatable at $72. But 20% off the AT-TE is hard to pass up. I would have a hard time choosing between the two.

Can't you use it on both at once?

Can't you use it on both at once?

It can only be used on one regularly priced item.

It can only be used on one regularly priced item.

There's always some BS catch :laugh:

Just ordered 75093 Death Star Final Duel from Amazon UK.....ÂŁ50.96 with free postage down from ÂŁ69.99 ! I've wanted this set for a looong time but it's always been around ÂŁ70-ÂŁ80 whenever I've seen it. Last time it was a toss up between Shuttle Tyderium or Final Duel, and the Tyderium won. This time I snapped it up at that price : ) can't wait to build it and see that new Vader mould : )

no new sets here yet, so i picked up the obi wan jedi fighter, glad to finally get it to match the anakin one.

It came in the mail with a small catalog. The awing set sounds good with the coupon because that set is definitely not worth $90.

How did you get the coupon and catalog? What do I have to do to get this perk?

Picked up the 75085: Hailfire Droid for $17.99 at Target. I wasn't sure if I wanted this set but I'm a sucker for a discount and the Clone Lieutenant is worth more than half the price of the set so I figured why not.

@Kman860: Picked that up too, need to build it though.

Got Encounter on Jakku and ordered the Kylo Ren buildable figure.

Grabbed 75135 Obi-Wan’s Jedi Interceptor, 75137 Carbon-Freezing Chamber, and 75131 Resistance Trooper Battle Pack (though I can't stand fleshies so the whole thing will end up just being parts). Got that cool little fountain out of it.

How did you get the coupon and catalog? What do I have to do to get this perk?

I think you have to sign up for something. Probably use it on the A-Wing set since I already have a CTT and I have no interest in the AT-TE since the clones have no helmets.

I recently picked up the A-Wing set. It's a bit pricey, but it helps if you just grab it off the shelf and quickly pay for it without looking at the price scanner. :blush:

As a fan of the show, I wanted this set both for the figures (especially Sabine) and for the vehicles--it's my first A-Wing and Vader's tie incidentally. Overall it's a good set. Sabine is amazing, especially her new hair (although unfortunately her old helmet doesn't look the greatest on her--it's a bit dull in comparison to the new body); as is the new Tarkin, which puts the old version to shame. Vader is nice as well. This is the first time I've gotten a new helmet Vader, so I'm still getting used to it. I'm not a fan of how the helmet is angled upward. I do wish they gave him a unique mold/helmet print for his Rebels design--or at the least, a different head print.

The ships are good, especially the A-Wing. As I read in Brickset's review, and have experienced personally, they are surprisingly very heavy. The A-Wing is seemingly over-designed I will say. It's a nice swooshable vehicle, but the wings/engines do move around because of their weak attachment which is annoying. The Tie is alright, but it does seem a bit stubby.

Ordered 75147 StarScavenger, haven't seen the show but I like the set it's very "Lego" and Sci-fi somehow. Also reminds me of my days playing Eve for some reason.

Even if it's just the ship that's not a bad deal. Unless of course it turns out that you only bought a picture of the guy playing with the set.

Wow you totally lucked out!

Yeah that was a great day. While the guy was pulling the ship out from the glass case I was just waiting on him to tell me that the price was mistagged.

Bought an incomplete ucs imperial shuttle on eBay for $239.

It was only missing the head section, minifigs, stand and slopes on the wings.

Thats funny I was bidding against you on that imperial shuttle.

Now you know whose mail to steal!

I had an expensive splurge yesterday! I sold off a big chunk of my Star Wars sets early last year and have recently regretted it (Damn you Super Hero sets!) I picked up:

7752 Count Dooku's Solar Sailor

8096 Emperoe Palpatines Shuttle

7961 Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator

7959 Geonosian Starfighter

I just bought the very disliked and very criticized 75098 UCS Assault on Hoth. :blush:

But let me explain: I started collecting Lego Star Wars in 2014, and i missed all the old Hoth-base sets. I did buy the 2014 AT-AT and 2014 Snowspeeder, and so the UCS Assault on Hoth is perfect, since it pretty much cowers all of the earlier hot sets (wampa-cave, base, trench etc.).

AND: After seeing JangBricks video where he put 75098 UCS Assault on Hoth next to the old 7879 Hoth Echo Base (from 2011) - I just could not resist buying that also :laugh:

I haven't built the sets yet, but looking at JangBricks' video, they fit perfect together and realy complete each other.

For the video, check out:

Edited by Bantha Fodder

I had originally checked constantly every hour during the release day of the 42056 porsche only to finally get an out of stock but will ship in 30 days message.

After reading up on it I have decided to hold off on the purchase and just called lego and asked them to swap it out for the 75059 sandcrawler since it's been out for a couple of years and I anticipate it will retire soon and is a true ucs, as opposed to the Porsche that is only classified as an ultimate but has a handful of design function flaws.

Feel pretty good about my exchange. Will pick up the Porsche after the fix and when it's not on backorder.

Also ordered the 75149 x wing, waiting on delivery so it can keep my 75102 company :)

Edited by tuggernuts