KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Agreed. Those stormies are just so gorgeous. Anyone have a link to the instructions for the stun baton from Takodana?

It's just a white telescope (64644), lbg bar with clip (48729) and white & black light covers (58176). The black ones are pricey though.

Rey, Reys Speeder and a couple of First Order Stormtroopers.

I really enjoy the large figures, although the Vader is too tall for my shelf... so has to sit down, looking daft :)

Resistance Troop Transporter arrived today.

It's a great set and so far I can actually squeeze all my Resistance personnel in there!

Edited by Commander_Rob

My most recent Star Wars purchase was Annakin's Jedi Interceptor, set 9494.

I like it because i got it for a very good price new and unopened.

Really great value for the money as you get annakin, obi wan, a droid and a vice roy.

You do not see that a lot now a days.

30276 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter and 30278 Poe's X-Wing Fighter. Impressive at that size and in the same scale as far as I'm concerned. Awesome little sets, perfect for adorning your desk.

My most recent purchase was the UCS Tie Fighter. Just before that I also picked up the UCS Slave 1 and UCS Tumbler

You like the Slave 1? Isnt it awesome, even with my other sets that I modified the Slave 1 is still the most impressive and stunning looking :wub:

Also it featured a very fun build and enjoyable build, since because of the design of the ship there arent that many repetitive procedures (the wings are the same, but they are relatively small and fast to build)

That's right, Wal-Mart's closing all those stores! Aaaand a quick google search later and none of them are close to me. :sceptic: There is, however, a Wal-Mart near me that has their Imperial Assault Carriers at $99.00, which I will be watching closely.

Sorry for a bit of offtop, but I just realized the 30276 TIE and 30278 X-Wing are wrongfully designed:

TIE's wing-panels are strengthened with grilles that spoil most of the similarity to the original fighter. Can be easily remade to look slightly better and the panels are still tough enough to maintain swooshability.

X-Wing's wings are in a wrong configuration and it looks like either overlook on designer's part or purposeful move: they have reverse orientation (lower should be the front-faced while top should rear-faced). Easily fixed.

Now the duo looks like this.

sq75gm.jpg

I've only just got interested in collecting/building star wars lego so trying to catch up on the older OT sets before they disappear altogether.

Picked up Mos Eisley Cantina and Jabba's Sailbarge for reasonable prices. Imperial Shuttle Tydirium next...

You like the Slave 1? Isnt it awesome, even with my other sets that I modified the Slave 1 is still the most impressive and stunning looking :wub:

Also it featured a very fun build and enjoyable build, since because of the design of the ship there arent that many repetitive procedures (the wings are the same, but they are relatively small and fast to build)

Slave1 is my first UCS; let's say it sets my expectations pretty high now for other UCS sets :classic:

Overall the only downsides are the mini-figs ( sure you get an awesome Boba fett and Bespin Guard ) Carbonite Han and an OT stormie, while nice, doesn't really cut it for me.

My wife bought me Anakins interceptor 75038 recently ( I'm usualy OT - only, but I like the shape of this little set a lot) which I've modded with tiles, New engines and a rear to the cockpit 'bubble'. And I'm having a small op next week so I've just ordered 75050 B Wing ( one of my favourite ships) off Amazon for £ 35. I intend to bunker down and enjoy building it while I lick my wounds.

My wife bought me Anakins interceptor 75038 recently ( I'm usualy OT - only, but I like the shape of this little set a lot) which I've modded with tiles, New engines and a rear to the cockpit 'bubble'. And I'm having a small op next week so I've just ordered 75050 B Wing ( one of my favourite ships) off Amazon for £ 35. I intend to bunker down and enjoy building it while I lick my wounds.

Do you have any picks of the modded interceptor?

Im an OT/Empire guy myself, but i have a weak spot for the Eta-2, even built my own blacked out Darth Vader Interceptor.

Do you have any picks of the modded interceptor?

Im an OT/Empire guy myself, but i have a weak spot for the Eta-2, even built my own blacked out Darth Vader Interceptor.

I have pics of all my mods, but they are all on my 'phone and I have not got round to making a Flickr account yet ! None of my mods are ground - breaking as I have a limited supply of spares and experience, but I do try to make the models look more true to the movie models.

How did you manage the b-wing for £35? It seems to be over £50 everywhere I look now that it's been retired.

Edited by Super Hans

How did you manage the b-wing for £35? It seems to be over £50 everywhere I look now that it's been retired.

I know ! It took me a few days of trawling through eBay in the hope of finding a good deal, in the end I found one on Amazon UK that was listed as 'used but like new', 1 in stock. so I went for it. It hasn't arrived yet but fingers crossed it'll be good. The seller had good feedback so I'm hoping it's ok. Can't realy argue for that price.

An A-wing polybag

Not a big Rebel Alliance fan, but ive got a weak spot for small fast starfighter, and with the A-wing descending from the mighty Eta-2, how could i not?

plus i love polybags

I've only just got interested in collecting/building star wars lego so trying to catch up on the older OT sets before they disappear altogether.

Picked up Mos Eisley Cantina and Jabba's Sailbarge for reasonable prices. Imperial Shuttle Tydirium next...

I'm getting addicted!

Death Star Final Duel - £40

Carbon Freezing Chamber - £15

Droid Escape Pod - £15

The wife is going to start asking questions soon!

The other day I bought the Galactic Empire Battlepack, the Rebel Alliance Battlepack and Rey's Speeder.