KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Went to the Lego store this past weekend looking for 501st battle pack and AAT from 2020. Somehow they were miraculously out of both so I used $60 worth of points on the Imperial Light Cruiser and used a gift card to buy the Duel on Mandalore. Currently on bag 4 of Imperial Light Cruiser and finished the $20 set. Here are some thoughts;

• Love Darth Maul, set feels worth it more small pieces than it may seem, beautiful recognizable build and great figs. Almost glad my other desired Ahsoka set was OOS so I didn’t miss this but intended to get both sets she came in in 2020 regardless

• Ashoka has no duel molded legs or side leg printing… I’m gonna be honest,, she really needed it. Looks incomplete almost cheap

• Fennec and Mof Giddeon are such handsome figures

Really love these sets and can’t wait to modify some of these figs.

I keep seeing people post about finding both 75324 and 75326 for 40% off at Costco, so I enlisted somebody that I know with a membership to look for me. Lo and behold, Costco had a plethora of both so I told them to get me two of each!

I wasn’t super satisfied with the build of Boba’s Palace but with two copies of the set, I should be able to modify it to look better. I’ll throw some of the extra alien figures into my Mos Eisley display when I get that for May the 4th. I also wanted to expand the Dark Trooper hallway and have ten of those guys so I accomplished that goal too.

Edited by The Stud

Bought some sets toady at (00:12 BST). Got the 3 different tanks, the gantlet fighter and the mando forge. The republic and separatist tanks were on back order as was the forge, I'd loaded my basket ready yesterday, but at that point  the AAT wasn't on backorder... but oh well it is what it is. enough to qualify for all 3 GWPs, though with the high £spend threshold ( equivalent to about $200), I'd have liked Beru to have had a friend, an Owen would have been a nice inclusion but if it was to be only one, then I'm glad it was Beru.

Day 60 since I started checking daily of the Clone Accessory Pack being out of stock on the italian site, and 3hrs for the Republic Tank to go from available to backorder, shipped in 60 days (ironic, isn't it?). Luckily none of the promos interested me, but I guess this means no double VIP points for me.

I had Dagobah, 2 snowtrooper battle packs, and the TX-130 in my cart when I got bumped to the waiting room just 3 minutes before the promos go live. If I miss out, I'm gonna be ticked.

YES! Order got in! Purchased 1x dagobah, 2x snowtrooper battle packs (now my AT-AT is maxed), a Republic fighter tank (to part out/sell figures) and a mando brickheadz (to get the total over $160). Snagged all three promos, and now I just have to hope I don't wake up tomorrow to "we're sorry, but some items in your order have run out of stock". If there's no issues, it should arrive by the end of this week, which gives me something to look forewords to besides the 3 AP tests this week.

Stayed up until midnight and snagged the Dagobah Jedi Training, Republic Fighter Tank and the Tie Fighter in order to get all the promos.

Sadly despite how early I got my order in, my Republic Fighter Tank was part of the backorder, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for it.

47 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

Stayed up until midnight and snagged the Dagobah Jedi Training, Republic Fighter Tank and the Tie Fighter in order to get all the promos.

Sadly despite how early I got my order in, my Republic Fighter Tank was part of the backorder, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for it.

Same on the fighter tank. Did you guys have a slightly lower promo threshold, or are canadian prices just inflated past the exchange rate? In the US those sets would get you $0.03 under the promo, and I can tell you from experience that they will not give you the promo for that.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I went to the Calgary Lego store this morning for the Landspeeder - I got there maybe 25min before opening and there were at least 40 folks in line already!

Kudos to the store staff - they really had their system nailed. Schmoove like butter. I got my Landspeeder, GWPs and out within 40 minutes of the doors opening.

I wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't for the exclusive C-3P0 in the Landspeeder and Beru in the GWP (it'll cost almost as much to BL them separately, I'm sure), but I'm now thinking the Landspeeder might end up built & mounted on the wall somewhere rather than just parting it out.

However, that's probably the last time I'll be in that store, and in any Lego store for a while - I'm leaving Calgary in less than 2 weeks to move to Vancouver Island, and the nearest Lego store is on the mainland... :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Same on the fighter tank. Did you guys have a slightly lower promo threshold, or are Canadian prices just inflated past the exchange rate? In the US those sets would get you $0.03 under the promo, and I can tell you from experience that they will not give you the promo for that.

I think it's more the inflation/exchange rate. The threshold for us is 200 cad, and the stuff I bought is 210 cad (rounding up). Mostly think it's the Dagobah being 110 cad here. For once increased prices have their advantage I guess.

5 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

I think it's more the inflation/exchange rate. The threshold for us is 200 cad, and the stuff I bought is 210 cad (rounding up). Mostly think it's the Dagobah being 110 cad here. For once increased prices have their advantage I guess.

I don't envy you the inflated prices, but at least you've got that coming in handy! Honestly a fair chunk of the stuff I bought are at least partially gifts for birthdays months away just because I wanted to snag all the promos.

52 minutes ago, manglegrat said:

I wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't for the exclusive C-3P0 in the Landspeeder and Beru in the GWP (it'll cost almost as much to BL them separately, I'm sure), but I'm now thinking the Landspeeder might end up built & mounted on the wall somewhere rather than just parting it out.

Just out of curiosity, would you have not purchased the landspeeder if not for C-3PO's new printing? Like, if the situation were exactly the same, but the 3po was the trash compactor one, would you not have gotten the landspeeder at all, or just have waited a little before buying it?

37 minutes ago, karmajay said:

I finally bought the UCS Star Destroyer :)

Nice! I’m saving up my VIP Points so I can get it sometime during the fall and hopefully save around $200 on it. (I’ve already got nearly $100 worth of points saved up.)

I ordered the UCS R2-D2 at midnight and bought the Bad Batch Shuttle when my Lego Store opened. I’ll have two of each of the smaller promos and one of the Lars Homestead Kitchen. I also got a bunch of free Lego Star Wars stickers at the Lego Store as well.

I picked up the ucs star destroyer on one order. Ordered another order with bad batch shuttle, tauntaun vs ATAT microfighter, Mandalorian forge, and Snowtrooper battle pack. Then went to Lego store and got ATST and duel on mandalore plus a couple keychains to get over the $70 usd threshold.  So I should have three of two of the promos plus 2 of Lars homestead. Spent a ton of money towards Lego. 

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

Nice! I’m saving up my VIP Points so I can get it sometime during the fall and hopefully save around $200 on it. (I’ve already got nearly $100 worth of points saved up.)

I ordered the UCS R2-D2 at midnight and bought the Bad Batch Shuttle when my Lego Store opened. I’ll have two of each of the smaller promos and one of the Lars Homestead Kitchen. I also got a bunch of free Lego Star Wars stickers at the Lego Store as well.

Nice. The BB shuttle is a good set, the shuttle itself is a bit small but very nicely made, and it's nice that they put 6 of the main 7 characters in a set (yes, Gonky is an integral part of the crew). The speeders are extraneous but not bad models either.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Just out of curiosity, would you have not purchased the landspeeder if not for C-3PO's new printing? Like, if the situation were exactly the same, but the 3po was the trash compactor one, would you not have gotten the landspeeder at all, or just have waited a little before buying it?

I would not have purchased it. Without the exclusive C-3P0 figure, the Landspeeder is a set I would happily let pass me by. It's a solid "meh" on paper otherwise, though having now seen it assembled in the store I think it's at least going to be a reasonable wall ornament to have on display... 

See my reply to your question in the other thread for my other reasons for buying it. :classic:

Ordered the Landspeeder, very curious!

40557 Defence of Hoth (backordered while available when ordered…)

75339 Death Star Trash Compactor Diorama (as it's an exclusive set whose price will not drop (much) anyway)

75343 Dark Trooper Helmer (idem)

All that to specifically to get 40531 Lars Family Homestead Kitchen (and 30495 AT-ST + 5007403 Beskar Keychain)

I usually order the May UCS on Day 1, but I found this year's Landspeeder slightly too expensive (though I like it), and no double VIP points on it was a deal-breaker.

Picked up the Hoth AT-ST, 2 snowtrooper battlepacks, and 5 Rebel Defense of Hoth accessory packs. 

Surprisingly, they had all of the promos too as of 5/7. Will be nice to accessorize the AT-AT (75313). 

Just got 10236 Ewok Village from StockX.

Arriving today, my May 1st order consisting of 75319 The Armorer’s Mandaloroian Forge, 75339 Death Star Trash Compactor and 75330 Dagobah Jedi Training plus all the May 4th freebies from LEGO.com.

Waiting on 75020 Jabba’s Sail Barge to arrive from Amazon.com.

Edited by TheBeardedBrick

Finally got my hands on my copy of the Skywalker Saga, and celebrated by picking up the Republic fighter tank. I can't decide what to think of it... Although I really like the 2017 one, I think the scale on this one is pretty perfect, it's a nice compromise between the various versions of the tank, and of course the minifigures are great. But there are so many gaps around the cockpit and the back of it, and the side cannons keep drooping, which is infuriating.

I was initially going to part it out as there's a few parts I want for another project, but I'm undecided. I might re-build the old one and put them side-by-side to decide.

5 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Finally got my hands on my copy of the Skywalker Saga, and celebrated by picking up the Republic fighter tank. I can't decide what to think of it... Although I really like the 2017 one, I think the scale on this one is pretty perfect, it's a nice compromise between the various versions of the tank, and of course the minifigures are great. But there are so many gaps around the cockpit and the back of it, and the side cannons keep drooping, which is infuriating.

I was initially going to part it out as there's a few parts I want for another project, but I'm undecided. I might re-build the old one and put them side-by-side to decide.

David Hall (Solid Brix Studios) posted a really nice modification to the set that I might recreate myself whenever I get my copies. It looked closer in size to the 2017 one, might be worth looking into.

11 hours ago, The Stud said:

David Hall (Solid Brix Studios) posted a really nice modification to the set that I might recreate myself whenever I get my copies. It looked closer in size to the 2017 one, might be worth looking into.

Thanks for the tip, that version does look pretty good and certainly much closer to the BFII model. I might mod mine and compare with the 2017 one for size.