KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Ever since I discovered the magic of Star Wars Lego in September 2019, my most desired minifig has been the Imperial Navy Officer (Lieutenant / Security, Stormtrooper Captain) (SW0774).
I'm so pleased to finally add this gorgeous, but extravagantly priced officer to my Imperial forces. :classic:

20220116_100613 (2)

Saw the Clone Trooper Command Station Accessory Set available on Shop@Home and ordered three. They’re on backorder of course but I didn’t want to risk missing out on them. I just need that Defense of Hoth pack to go on sale too so I can get a couple of that one too, and I’ll wait to get the Ahsoka Brickhead when I order those.

I completed building a new & sealed Imperial Assault Hovertank (75152) set yesterday & I think it looks great. I've wanted this set for quite a while now, it goes perfectly with my Rogue One AT-ST Walker. Rogue One is also one of my favourite Star Wars films. :classic:

I love the Chirrut Imwe (SW0789) minifig, it looks great & which I really needed to go with my Baze Malbus (SW0783) minifig.

Two more Imperial Hovertank Pilots (SW0795) are welcome additions to my Imperial Army. I like the detailing of this minifig very much. Having a total of six now, with the four I already use to crew my two Imperial Armoured Marauders.

I've also ordered the parts to make a second orange Kyber crystal container, as the model looks incomplete with just one. I just don't understand why TLG would include only one in the set!? :sceptic:
I've built a temporary Kyber crystal container with Light Bluish Grey, Dark Bluish Grey & Black parts until the Bricklink delivery arrives in a few days.
I think the model will look amazing with two orange Kyber crystal containers.

Of course I did some light mini modding during the build stage, including replacing brightly coloured Technic parts with Light Bluish Grey & Light Grey parts. The brown & tan parts were also replaced. I try to do this as standard for my builds now.

12 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

I completed building a new & sealed Imperial Assault Hovertank (75152) set yesterday & I think it looks great. I've wanted this set for quite a while now, it goes perfectly with my Rogue One AT-ST Walker. Rogue One is also one of my favourite Star Wars films. :classic:

I love the Chirrut Imwe (SW0789) minifig, it looks great & which I really needed to go with my Baze Malbus (SW0783) minifig.

Two more Imperial Hovertank Pilots (SW0795) are welcome additions to my Imperial Army. I like the detailing of this minifig very much. Having a total of six now, with the four I already use to crew my two Imperial Armoured Marauders.

I've also ordered the parts to make a second orange Kyber crystal container, as the model looks incomplete with just one. I just don't understand why TLG would include only one in the set!? :sceptic:
I've built a temporary Kyber crystal container with Light Bluish Grey, Dark Bluish Grey & Black parts until the Bricklink delivery arrives in a few days.
I think the model will look amazing with two orange Kyber crystal containers.

Of course I did some light mini modding during the build stage, including replacing brightly coloured Technic parts with Light Bluish Grey & Light Grey parts. The brown & tan parts were also replaced. I try to do this as standard for my builds now.

Nice, that was one of the few Rogue One sets I missed and Chirrut is the only main character I’m missing from that movie. I’m pretty sure Lego only included one of those orange kyber crates in the Hovertank because the Battle on Scarif set that came out a few months later included one as well.

8 hours ago, The Stud said:

Nice, that was one of the few Rogue One sets I missed and Chirrut is the only main character I’m missing from that movie. I’m pretty sure Lego only included one of those orange kyber crates in the Hovertank because the Battle on Scarif set that came out a few months later included one as well.

I was thinking of getting The Battle of Scarif set but it looks poor VFM, especially at the new & sealed prices on Bricklink now.

2 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

I was thinking of getting The Battle of Scarif set but it looks poor VFM, especially at the new & sealed prices on Bricklink now.

I was lucky enough to find a copy in my parents' attic (I guess it was bought for a rainy day), but unless you're a completionist you're not missing much. It makes a decent parts pack if you can pick it up relatively cheaply, and the shoretroopers are very nice figures, but it's comfortably the least good RO set IMO.

I enjoyed the Battle of Scarif set when it was still out, especially because I got it for 20% off, but I wouldn’t pay much more for it. I ended up disassembling it because it was a great parts pack, so I’d recommend just Bricklinking the figures at this point. The exclusive Cassian and Shoretrooper are great!

Edited by The Stud

6 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I was lucky enough to find a copy in my parents' attic (I guess it was bought for a rainy day), but unless you're a completionist you're not missing much. It makes a decent parts pack if you can pick it up relatively cheaply, and the shoretroopers are very nice figures, but it's comfortably the least good RO set IMO.

Wow, that was indeed a lucky find! :classic:
The Battle on Scarif looks like a great parts set, but it's easy to Bricklink everything we need & £70 to £90 for a sealed set is a bit pricey. :laugh:
I Bricklinked the Cassian Andor (SW0813) last week, in anticipation of the Andor season hopefully coming later in the year.

I also Bricklinked the below minifigs for the very same reason;
Lieutenant Sefla (SW00784)
Corporal Rostok (SWV0804)
Private Basteren (SW0786)
Private Kappehl (SW0803)
Private Calfor (SW0805)

I need to get the below to complete my planned RO collection;
Jyn Erso (SW0791)
K-2SO (SW0782)
Corporal Tonc (SW0806)
Corporal Eskro Casrich (SW0792)

A big priority of mine in the coming  few months is getting four Shoretroopers (SW0815). :classic:

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

I enjoyed the Battle of Scarif set when it was still out, especially because I got it for 20% off, but I wouldn’t pay much for it. I ended up disassembling it because it was a great parts pack, so I’d recommend just Bricklinking the figures at this point. The exclusive Cassian and Shoretrooper are great!

I completely agree, Bricklink is really good.
I've already Bricklinked the Cassian Andor (SW0813) minifig & plan to get four Shoretrooper (SW0815) soon. The Shoretrooper minifigs look amazing & are a must have for my Imperial Army. :classic:

Got 2 501st Battle Packs and one Mando throne with Ahsoka and Maul. Pretty hyped over it even though I am not a prequel fan. I do love troopers though and love displaying my modest armies.

Got the "little" 75313 - AT-AT ... :pir_tong2:. Today I will start the building with my baby girl.

Edited by Ste_dyd666

Finally found the 75316 Gauntlet Starfighter at a nearby store across the border and bought it for half the RRP thanks to a combination of coupons and a flash 22% off on all Lego for a couple of days :)
Very happy with both the build and what I paid for it, love the figures but now I really want a Satine minifig too

3 hours ago, Per_SW said:

Finally found the 75316 Gauntlet Starfighter at a nearby store across the border and bought it for half the RRP thanks to a combination of coupons and a flash 22% off on all Lego for a couple of days :)
Very happy with both the build and what I paid for it, love the figures but now I really want a Satine minifig too

Lucky! I've been stalking the set online waiting for it to drop to $45 or $40. $30 for it is insane, you should buy as many as possible and get your money back by selling the gar saxons and bo-katans. You could end up with a fleet of ships and come out with MORE money than you've started with!

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

2 x Clone Command Station pack

Hoth Rebel pack 

Snowtrooper BP 

Crazy how expensive Lego is £ these days! 

Yup. Ironically if the BPs were less expensive or slightly more qualitative (4 figures in the accessory packs, or the snowtrooper pack being $15) would have had me spending MORE on lego. As is I can't justify building factions I'm only meh on (hoth rebels are situational and I prefer p2 clones) if it's $5 per figure.

Haven't been buying any sets recently, but I'm slowly building up the troop complement of my AT-AT. Just bought another old Veers last night to use as a loadmaster.

Got the Dark Trooper Attack in the mail yesterday :excited:

It's a fun little build, but the stars of the show are the Dark Troopers, of course. Glad to see their design is identical to the one from Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser :sweet: 
Though I guess it's not that unexpected, since there's been so little time between appearances.

Regards,
Mitch

Got the Razor Crest Microfighter. Not the best microfighter version, but I got for the fig and the pieces, in order to build a Mando N-1 starfighter. Good thing both Mando ships share the same color scheme!

On 2/24/2022 at 3:31 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Lucky! I've been stalking the set online waiting for it to drop to $45 or $40. $30 for it is insane, you should buy as many as possible and get your money back by selling the gar saxons and bo-katans. You could end up with a fleet of ships and come out with MORE money than you've started with!

Between the discount and the 20 EUR coupon I had I paid 35 instead of 70 EUR. Had I thought about it I could have nabbed the other one on shelf for a total of 90 EUR instead of 140 and recouped more than a bit on BL, but alas I just wanted the one and feel extremely lucky about the circumstances.
Of course karma had to balance somehow, so of course the Clone BP/accessory pack went out of stock (again) on S@H the moment the Jane Goodall promo came out, so I'll have to place another order sooner or later (I prefer to shop locally and if possible not on day 1 or at RRP).

Even then 120 is quite the threshold, so I welcomed to my collection another Snowtrooper BP, the Dark Trooper set, Hoth Rebels BP among other things such as the first Speed Champions set I bought for me instead of my brother.

I managed somehow to get the new boba fett palace (75326) for £55 on Amazon!.

A third party seller had it listed for that, I gambled and it arrived sealed brand new. Looking on their selling page it could have been an accident as the Luke helmet was listed as £90 at the time. Maybe they got them mixed up. Oh well, I'm happy with the 40% off. I'm two bags in and failing to see the £90rrp price tag so far. I was willing to wait for £70 or under anyway from elsewhere, but there we go :grin:

(Makes up for the £320 I paid for the Gunship when zavvi has it for £270 a month after I got it).

Hoth AT-ST and Snowtrooper BP recently, and I'm currently planning on building a plus-scale AT-AT from the 2014 and 2020 versions. 

Also Bricklinked the pieces for 75092 (though just the N-1 itself) along with a replica sticker sheet, since aftermarket prices for the set are a bit crazy.

I finally got the Imperial Light Cruiser this past weekend. It's a set that's been on my list for a while but my plans to get it have constantly been pushed back. Now, I officially own every Lego The Mandalorian set excluding the helmets. (I already own the Black Series Mando helmet so I have little desire for the Lego one and the Lego Dark Trooper helmet just looks kinda meh.) Before the summer wave comes out, I just need to get the Bad Batch Shuttle, Boba Fett Throne Room and the upcoming Mando N-1 Starfighter to have every Lego Star Wars set based on the current Disney+ shows. 

I'm getting a used copy of 75218 X-Wing soon. I'm considering getting 75300 (at least 1) to go with it, but I'm trying to decide how it would look scale-wise. Does anyone have any pictures of them together? I can't seem to find any online (I didn't want to start a new topic for this, and it relates to getting a new set soon). 

I recently bought a huge ebay lot that included, among other sets and figures:

The 2011 jedi shuttle (no figures) I actually got this as a kid and lost it sometime in the last decade. A friend of mine wanted this, so I'm selling it off to him, but it was cool to have in-hand again

The 2021 Slave One; It's too small for my tastes, but I didn't have any Slave Ones, so I'm keeping it. The boba's pretty cool, although I'm irrationally annoyed that the carbonite sticker doesn't match the razor crest ones at all. More of a gunmetal color than a DBG, and no red vitals thing.

The gauntlet fighter (only the loyalist): This is pretty cool. I was always on the fence about buying this, so it's great I got it in the lot, because it's AWESOME! A great example of what you can do with all the different wedges. The loyalist is pretty cool too, some nice new colors and patterns to assimilate into my mandalorian clans.

There were also 6 snowtroopers, which brings me to a total of 30 for my AT-AT. Almost there!

Edited by Mandalorianknight