KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

On 8/29/2021 at 4:30 AM, Vindicare said:

Oh dang, had a surprise in my email. The Forge already shipped. Is that normal? I’ve never done a pre order before, but I assumed it would ship on the 1st. 

In my experience, with a pre-order, an item is shipped in time for you to receive it on the day the product is 'fully' released, so in this case it should arrive today.

Speaking of which, I just ordered the Mandalorian Forge as well :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Officially, a few 501st battle packs, the X wing, and the tatooine homestead from May the 4th. From Bricklink, bObA fEtT'S sTaRsHiP (I understand the name change and it always rubbed me the wrong way as a kid but still) that I got with no minifigs for $27! (I have Mando and prefer the older minifigs so have a Boba and carbonite han on their way)

Mandalorian Forge, built it last night under cover of darkness while toddler slept. I feel about £3 overpriced but wonderful little set. Some minor annoyances with it, I still don't understand why they can't do Mohawk printing on Din Djarin if they can do it on the Armourer. Slave 1 next month, Bo Katan November.... then see what I feel like I deserve from Santa...

75304 Darth Vader Helmet for €44 via Amazon, couldn't pass up on it while ordering 76389 Chamber of Secrets for €85…

Yay, I've just ordered a Bo-Katan's Mandalorian Starfighter (75316) set & the Armourer’s Mandalorian Forge (75319) set from Smyths Toys.
There's so many great minifigs in these sets, but I'm looking forward to displaying the Bo-Katan minifig the most. Bo-Katan Kryze is one of my favourite SW characters. I love TCW & The Mandalorian! :classic:
It will be nice to have a Mando minifig with a Jet Pack too.
I can see myself collecting a small Mandalorian Loyalist army in the near future, ha ha. :laugh:

Picked up the Forge set. Set is not bad, really but the main reason I picked it up was for the Armorer and I didn't have a Din Djarin figure yet.

my 501st 'battlepack'  that I ordered back in July arrived last week, and I bought the duel on Mangalore today.

Not so much a purchase as an acquisition - I discovered unopened copies of Battle on Scarif and the Quadjumper at my parents' house, and snaffled the former to bring me one step closer to owning all the Rogue One sets. I'm a fan of the Quadjumper as well so have got my eye on that one.

On 9/24/2021 at 5:36 PM, TeddytheSpoon said:

Not so much a purchase as an acquisition - I discovered unopened copies of Battle on Scarif and the Quadjumper at my parents' house, and snaffled the former to bring me one step closer to owning all the Rogue One sets. I'm a fan of the Quadjumper as well so have got my eye on that one.

I'm curious about this, haha. Just discovered them? They don't belong to some poor little cousin who's now wondering where his birthday present went?

Quadjumper = easy contender for top five sets of all time. Take that off their hands as well.

9 hours ago, Redroe said:

I'm curious about this, haha. Just discovered them? They don't belong to some poor little cousin who's now wondering where his birthday present went?

To be honest, if they were birthday presents-in-waiting there's a good chance they were for me anyway! :laugh: My folks will occasionally pick up LEGO sets when they're on sale and save them for such an occasion, but more often than not they get forgotten about... I found them while helping with some housekeeping, so I consider it a just reward!

I've finished building my Duel on Mandalore set & added it in a small display of my personal (wish list) prediction for season 3 of The Mandalorian.
Din Djarin rightfully on his throne, Dark Sabre in hand (a black Samurai sword from Bricklink) & Grogu nearby. Bo-Katan, Boba Fett, the Armourer, Paz Vizsla & the Mandalorian people gathered around him.

20211009_14423220211009_14425320211009_144257

2 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

I've finished building my Duel on Mandalore set & added it in a small display of my personal (wish list) prediction for season 3 of The Mandalorian.

Nice work, looks quite elegant! 

Just bought the whole summer wave, one of the best and most varied Star Wars waves we’ve ever had. Now to hibernate until the AT-AT is revealed.

2 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

Nice work, looks quite elegant! 

Just bought the whole summer wave, one of the best and most varied Star Wars waves we’ve ever had. Now to hibernate until the AT-AT is revealed.

Thank you. :classic:

I've bought the below from this year's waves;
Imperial Shuttle (75302)
Imperial TIE Fighter (75300) x2
Imperial Troop Transport (75311) x2
The Armourer’s Mandalorian Forge Set (75319)
Bo-Katan's Mandalorian Starfighter (75316)
Duel on Mandalore (75310)

I'll be getting a Moff Gideon's Imperial Cruiser (75315) set for myself at Christmas

I have a 40th Anniversary Imperial AT-AT Walker (75288) & I recently bought a sealed AT-ST Walker (75153), which I've modified really nicely.

The Forge I added to my B&P order arrived today, now I only need to sort out my space issue before I open it

The store nearby was having its annual "birthday weekend" with everything 25% off, so it seemed the right moment to get the Arquitens and an imperial Marauder, for good measure.

Also, PSA for any member in or close enough to Italy, the promotion should be nationwide and until the 25th for every store in the Toys Center franchise.

I Bricklinked (most of) the pieces for the 75019 AT-TE this week, since aftermarket prices for the set (and pretty much any AT-TE) were unreasonably high. I'm really happy with it overall, though it was a real pain to get source some pieces such as the ball turrets. All in all I think it took around 7 separate orders to get everything  needed, and even then I'm missing the black rotated ratcheted hinges, the printed dishes and the sticker sheet. 

I've just bought a nice minifig haul from Bricklink, a seller sent me a 10% off voucher & I had to use it, lol.

Some nice additions to my Separatist Army;
4 Commando Droids (SW0359) - I love the BX-Series Commando Droid from TCW.
4 Super Battle Droids (with Blaster Arm) (SW0230) - Every decent Separatist Army needs some of these.
2 Magna Guards (SW0190) - At £20 each these are the most expensive minifigs I've bought from Bricklink, I hope the come with their weapons! They will look great next to my General Grievous's Starfighter set (75286).
Nute Gunray (SW0242) - I think this minifig looks great & it was cheap.

I got the below in order to improve my AT-ST Raider display, but I'll buy a few more in time;
2 Klatooinian Raiders (Armor Neck) (SW1059)
2 Klatooinian Raiders (Helmet) (SW1060)

Getting the Bossk (Olive Green) (SW0828) minifig finally completes my collection of Bounty Hunters from the bridge of Darth Vader's Star Destroyer in ESB.
Boba Fett (SW0711), Zuckuss (SW1020), Dengar (SW0751), 4-LOM (SW0830) IG-88 (SW0968) & Bossk is a display I've been looking forwatd to having for a while now.

Another officer for my Imperial Army is always welcome & the Imperial Officer (Captain / Commandant / Commander - Dark Tan Uniform) (SW0623) is a nice variation.

I'm starting to collect Rebel forces after getting the Baze Malbus (SW0783) & Rebel Trooper (Lieutenant Sefla) (SW00784) minifigs with the 2016 AT-ST Walker set (75153) recently.
These will be perfect for now;
Rebel Trooper (Private Basteren) (SW0786)
Rebel Trooper (Corporal Rostok) (SWV0804)
Rebel Trooper (Goggles, Dark Tan Helmet) (SW0688)

I bought the Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter (SW75150) Rebels set from Bricklink earlier today. I've wanted a TIE Advanced model since I was a child & I think this version looks very good. I don't imagine TLG will be releasing an updated version for a while yet either.
An A-Wing will look great in my starfighter collection display, although I have plans to mod it a little.

The set has really good minifigs in my opinion too;
Sabine Wren (SW0742) minifig is very colourful & I loved her character in Rebels
Grand Moff Tarkin (SW0741) is another great addition to my Imperial Officer Collection.
Darth Vader (SW0744), another version of Darth Vader is welcome.
Rebel Pilot A-wing (SW0743) is very nice, I especially like helmet design.

20 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

I bought the Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter (SW75150) Rebels set from Bricklink earlier today. I've wanted a TIE Advanced model since I was a child & I think this version looks very good. I don't imagine TLG will be releasing an updated version for a while yet either.
An A-Wing will look great in my starfighter collection display, although I have plans to mod it a little.

The set has really good minifigs in my opinion too;
Sabine Wren (SW0742) minifig is very colourful & I loved her character in Rebels
Grand Moff Tarkin (SW0741) is another great addition to my Imperial Officer Collection.
Darth Vader (SW0744), another version of Darth Vader is welcome.
Rebel Pilot A-wing (SW0743) is very nice, I especially like helmet design.

That was a nice catch, I BL'd the parts for the Tie Advanced last year, figuring that 2 A-Wings were more than enough for my collection, but I still regret not buying Tarkin and Sabine to save on the cost

20 hours ago, Per_SW said:

That was a nice catch, I BL'd the parts for the Tie Advanced last year, figuring that 2 A-Wings were more than enough for my collection, but I still regret not buying Tarkin and Sabine to save on the cost

The set was delivered about an hour ago.
I can't wait to start building when I finish work for the day. :classic: