KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'd wait, as the 2022 leaks will be any day now and worst case scenario they aren't in it and you just wait a bit before getting the shuttle (maybe at a discount even).

If you haven't army built any of the 4-9 major factions (Clones, Seps, Rebels, Empire, Resistance, First Order, Jedi, Hunters/criminals, mandalorians), I'd go for some of those. (Personally I don't have many FO or Resistance troops, though). Hunters/scum and mandalorians are fun to mass as you can bricklink varied parts for them and create purist customs for standard mandalorian warriors or hutt cartel soldiers.

I have a decent amount of mandos so i want something new between 501st, first order, stormtroopers from rebels or imperial patrol troops from solo. Then again i have to wait for January leaks cause maybe there is a cooler BP from LEGO.

Just got a 2nd hand AT-ST Raider set today.
Nice build, although a few steps aren’t that clear for younger builders I didn’t think.
A couple of interesting techniques on the side panels though.

I’m getting sucked into the Star Wars now though and I was only going to buy larger Lego sets to keep me busy!

On 8/9/2021 at 12:36 PM, PreVizsla said:

I have a decent amount of mandos so i want something new between 501st, first order, stormtroopers from rebels or imperial patrol troops from solo. Then again i have to wait for January leaks cause maybe there is a cooler BP from LEGO.

Are the four you mentioned ones you have, or ones you're considering? 

If you already have those, I'd suggest seppies (you can mass B1s at a super low cost, in some places the medium blaster is more expensive than the droid), just to go against the 501st, or rebel troopers, as it's easy and cheap to mass the 08 rebel scout trooper or some of the endor troopers, and you can make a lot of cool special units by mixing parts. Of course, it's a good idea to wait until january leaks in case there's a bp of dark troopers or something.

If those are the ones you're considering, this is most likely going to be the best time to mass 501st troopers for the next decade or so, and the rebels stormtroopers are by far the cheapest ones to mass, or at least the cheapest with leg printing.

2 hours ago, Ajf350d said:

Just got a 2nd hand AT-ST Raider set today.
Nice build, although a few steps aren’t that clear for younger builders I didn’t think.
A couple of interesting techniques on the side panels though.

I’m getting sucked into the Star Wars now though and I was only going to buy larger Lego sets to keep me busy!

Yeah, I remember the newer AT-STs have some weird technique in the legs that felt illegal to me when I built it. A nice model overall, though.

Does anyone think that the figure SW1147, Yoda with backpack, torso could work well for a rebel trooper, the phoenix symbol looks very useful, I was wondering whether there are any details on the torso that might make it less useful I’m not aware of.

Edited by Stuartn

4 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Does anyone think that the figure SW1147, Yoda with backpack, torso could work well for a rebel trooper, the phoenix symbol looks very useful, I was wondering whether there are any details on the torso that might make it less useful I’m not aware of.

There's a little olive green skin, but it's barely noticeable. I think it would make a great rebel torso, if not a standard trooper, perhaps a courier or local militia member.

The Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser I ordered arrived a few days ago and I spent yesterday and half the day before that building it. 
It's a nice build and the result is amazing, as are the minifigures :thumbup: 

Next up is the Mandalorian Armourer's Forge :wub: 
I should have enough VIP points for that now :innocent:

Regards,
Mitch

75301 Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing Fighter 

My first X-Wing since getting back in ‘07. It’ll be the same with the T.I.E. as soon as I get that. I’m pretty excited about it. It was more just a missing out due to other sets than anything. I don’t even have a single Ewok! My collection is lacking in OT sets for reasons unknown(other than the other sets reason:grin:). 

The fact that I have a huge gap in my Imperial Army ground vehicle collection has been bothering me, having an AT-AT (75288) & two Trexler Marauders (75311). I have therefore just ordered a sealed Rogue One AT-ST Walker (75153) from Bricklink. :classic:

I already have an AT-ST Raider (75254), but I must have the Imperial version. I think they are very similar builds so both AT-ST versions will look great together on display too.

I finished building my Bad Batch Shuttle a few days ago. It looks absolutely wonderful & I really enjoyed building it, but of course the inevitable modding has already begun. The interior definitely requires some improvement next, Gonky needs some space!
The minifigs are gorgeous, especially Tech. I really wish an Omega minifig had been included.
Although the speeder bikes are nice, they will probably be broken down & used for parts. lol.

12 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

Rogue One AT-ST Walker (75153) from Bricklink.

You wont regret it, its a great set

12 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

The fact that I have a huge gap in my Imperial Army ground vehicle collection has been bothering me, having an AT-AT (75288) & two Trexler Marauders (75311). I have therefore just ordered a sealed Rogue One AT-ST Walker (75153) from Bricklink. :classic:

I finished building my Bad Batch Shuttle a few days ago. It looks absolutely wonderful & I really enjoyed building it, but of course the inevitable modding has already begun. The interior definitely requires some improvement next, Gonky needs some space!
The minifigs are gorgeous, especially Tech. I really wish an Omega minifig had been included.

That's the best AT-ST they've ever made, it's a great set!

The bb shuttle is a great set, but you're right, it begs to be modded so the full crew can fit. Currently I've got mine able to fit 5 figures (so the core batch plus either crosshair or omega), but I'm trying to find a way to get Gonky in there.

I think Omega wasn't included because Lego didn't know about her yet, I think she didn't show up until nearly a month before the show premiered. Which is weird, since they did market her towards the end, it's not like she was a twist or something.

On 8/14/2021 at 12:48 PM, Vindicare said:

75301 Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing Fighter 

My first X-Wing since getting back in ‘07. It’ll be the same with the T.I.E. as soon as I get that. I’m pretty excited about it. It was more just a missing out due to other sets than anything. I don’t even have a single Ewok! My collection is lacking in OT sets for reasons unknown(other than the other sets reason:grin:). 

Some recommendations for other OT sets:

Aforementioned AT-ST 2016: Great model of an iconic vehicle, not too expensive, has some army-building figures.

Imperial Assault Hovertank 2016: Not as iconic of a vehicle, but it's one of my all-time favorite OT sets. It might be more expensive nowadays, but the original $30 price tag was amazing too.

Rebel Scout speeder 2008: My all-time favorite battle pack, and a great and cheap army builder for rebel troops.

Imperial Troop Transport 2015: Another great battle pack for building up stormtroopers with a good level of detail (though some don't like the helmet print)

The 2014 snowspeeder, 2017 landspeeder, and some other sets are also standouts.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Some recommendations for other OT sets:

Aforementioned AT-ST 2016: Great model of an iconic vehicle, not too expensive, has some army-building figures.

Imperial Assault Hovertank 2016: Not as iconic of a vehicle, but it's one of my all-time favorite OT sets. It might be more expensive nowadays, but the original $30 price tag was amazing too.

Rebel Scout speeder 2008: My all-time favorite battle pack, and a great and cheap army builder for rebel troops.

Imperial Troop Transport 2015: Another great battle pack for building up stormtroopers with a good level of detail (though some don't like the helmet print)

The 2014 snowspeeder, 2017 landspeeder, and some other sets are also standouts.

I do have the AT-ST Raider, so that kinda counts as OT. :tongue: Then I have the Falcon(duh) from 2011, Y-wing from 2012, Landspeeder from 2017/2020, Hoth Echo Base, Wampa Cave from 2010 so I have a Snowspeeder, Slave I from 2010. So it’s not a horrible show of force, just missing some key iconic vehicles. I was more of a Clone Wars era collector so that makes up the bulk of my SW sets. No other faction army builds for me...the Clones is enough there. :laugh: I will keep that list in mind, the AT-ST & Hover Tank especially. Great sets with a good duo between them. 

Then a few location sets tossed into the mix as well. 

Picked up 75087 on bricklink, missed it when it came out and been trying to get one since. Was just a matter of waiting for one at the right price, and the seller had the figures from 75133 so I grabbed the duros and the rodian for their heads... and then I couldn’t bring myself to separate the figures and got the two humans as well because more soldiers isn’t a bad thing. Unfortunately the seller sent the wrong body with the astromech from the azure angel but their feedback rating is good so I’m hoping they’ll sort it out.  

Also decided to take a chance on a non lego product and I’ve ordered a decent amount of LED lightsabers from Light My Bricks to put in dioramas. Got myself a few green and blue ones as well as a red, purple and Darth Maul’s. 

Short sad story: I went to my local store the other day to use up my store points before they expire and get a discount on the Imperial Marauder, but that particular set was already gone from the shelves =( Hope they restock before the end of the month.

On other news I got the Duel on Mandalore almost on day one from the same store, but it will remain unbuilt (as will the Marauder) as a form of self-punishment until I sort out the space issue and finally overhaul my lego display corner of the basement
, especially since I had to buy a new camping table for the sole purpose of building Barracuda Bay last month :D

Grr....well, I had intended to wait but all the talk & hype of how good the set is I broke. Bought the Bad Batch Attack Shuttle tonight. And I haven’t even seen the show yet! I blame all of you who talked about the set. :grin:

On 8/16/2021 at 12:09 AM, Stuartn said:

You wont regret it, its a great set

On 8/16/2021 at 12:42 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

That's the best AT-ST they've ever made, it's a great set!

Thanks guys. :classic:

I watched the Jang YouTube review of the set, he stated the blue technic parts detract from the overall look. So I did a couple of Bricklink orders to replace all of the blue, tan & yellow technic pieces.

The bb shuttle is a great set, but you're right, it begs to be modded so the full crew can fit. Currently I've got mine able to fit 5 figures (so the core batch plus either crosshair or omega), but I'm trying to find a way to get Gonky in there.

That's exactly where I'm at. :classic:

I picked my Havoc Maruader last monday (not yesterday) and I manged to get 6 people in there (all the figs from the set as they came + a purist Omega) but Gonky is a bit too big, I might be able fit gonky in if I take out Wrecker, and maybe hunter and crosshair too, which IMO isn't worth it.

I was getting the Mando Starfighter

I scrapped half of the the wings away (front); looks much better and useful like that to be honeset.

Also this way - with some parts orders - I'll be able to make it studless like all my other mod's :pir_laugh2:

So far it reminds me of the modified U-Wing version of Saw Gurerrera.

comparing the original build to the last white Mando ship - the figs this time are a treat, but the set doesn't hold up against it's predecessor. The colour scheme is outstanding but the simpler build of the old set was way cleaner, had less gaps and working play features. It's really interesting TLG even scraps the small storage space units at the backs of ships nowdays. I am all about looks but it's an interesting choice of Lego to be all about stability and cool parts integration while a more simplified (and still stable) build could give more action.

On 8/17/2021 at 2:31 PM, Agent Kallus said:

I picked my Havoc Maruader last monday (not yesterday) and I manged to get 6 people in there (all the figs from the set as they came + a purist Omega) but Gonky is a bit too big, I might be able fit gonky in if I take out Wrecker, and maybe hunter and crosshair too, which IMO isn't worth it.

How'd you get six? So far I've got 5: two in the cockpit, two in the hold unmodded (just in their normal seats), and a third in the hold if I remove that opening compartment.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

How'd you get six? So far I've got 5: two in the cockpit, two in the hold unmodded (just in their normal seats), and a third in the hold if I remove that opening compartment.

I got two in the cockpit, 4 in hold, they need to have their arms a certain way for all of them to fit (not very comfy I can imagine). I removed all the non essential parts from the hold. If you want to try it there some picture in the spoiler, featuring Omega (I've seen other people do better but I had to work with what I had (we'll I could've ordered parts special but that felt needlessly frivolous as I'm sure we'll get a proper version of her soon) and a smaller Gonky.

Spoiler

51390818904_226a16374a_z.jpg

51389321412_6b50ffaf50_z.jpg

51391097040_f332c97eef_z.jpg

51390337143_641361b6f0_z.jpg51389321307_8e9576ffc0_z.jpg

Edited by Agent Kallus

Found a copy of the now-retired 75265 T-16 Skyhopper vs Bantha Microfighters set; I guess my local Dreamland store (Belgium) found a forgotten lot (as there were 6 copies on the shelf) in the warehouse…

Got my Gunship out of the clutches of the Finnish postal system (3 days to go 6km...!), so have some evening/weekend building to do. Built the Ideas sailboat in the meantime which was nice.

Continuing the buying trend....just grabbed 75318 The Child, finally, on eBay for $55.00. This has been quite the year for SW. This is set number 6 so far with The Forge on pre order & the TIE left to for sure buy. I haven’t bought this much in quite a while. Feels good. :tongue:

Just built the Armoured Marauder. Great set with lots of detail and some interesting building techniques for how they get all the side detail and angles to line up. Good selection of figs - Greef Karga and the Mortar Trooper are both excellent - and very good value for money for what you get imo. Also nice to see that transparent half cylinder; hopefully those pieces will become a bit cheaper so they can be used for displaying ships in flying configurations.

Oh dang, had a surprise in my email. The Forge already shipped. Is that normal? I’ve never done a pre order before, but I assumed it would ship on the 1st.