KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I noticed that the 501st battlepack was 25% of at Amazon UK thanks to brickset, so I put an order in. I had wanted to pick one up but it was hard to justify buying it at rrp when the builds are so oversized as to look silly with figs,but I'll use the parts to make smaller versions of the AT-RT and Barc. That said it was out of stock, so my order still went through but I might not get it for a little while.

On 7/23/2021 at 12:22 PM, Sarah_H7744 said:

Very nice, that was a lucky find. :classic:

I was sent a free First Order General (Admiral) (SW0715) minifig with my last Bricklink minifig haul.

I don't own, or plan to buy any Sequel Trilogy themed sets, therefore this minifig is quite useless to me.

I'm wondering if I were to buy a Imperial Officer's Cap (Item No: 16497pb03) to replace the First Order Officer's Cap, would I be comfortable using the minifig as a background character in an Imperial display.

Yeah I was quite pleased when I saw it.

If I were you I'd put the fig part's into my parts bin and use them for background civilians, though I think that face would be good for an Imp officer.

On 7/25/2021 at 9:32 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

And if you buy more, it's easy to swap heads out. I've got a couple of em rocking the angry clone head.

They're also very cheap, very massable, and easy to swap out the arms and legs to make them look completely different. Between them and the mando packs, my collection went from boba, sabine, and the white one from the book to nearly 40 mandos organized into 6 clans. (classic blue, classic red, classic green, dark orange, grey/orange, and azure)

I'd never considered swapping heads & body parts, but that's a great idea! I definitely think I've been thinking in a far too purist manner, lol.
I'll bet your Mandalorian army looks very impressive. :classic:

On 7/25/2021 at 9:32 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

just got a sealed celebration exclusive tatooine microbuild (another one I'm planning to flip). I'm hoping to get enough money from this to buy parts for a TIE advanced moc I'm working on so I can finish the main OT tie collection.

Way cool, I love the Tie Advanced!

12 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

If I were you I'd put the fig part's into my parts bin and use them for background civilians, though I think that face would be good for an Imp officer.

I'm just getting into the concept of swapping minifig parts. I totally agree, that face would look perfect on the Imperial Officer  (Captain / Commandant / Commander) (SW0582). I have a favourite Bricklink seller with one of these available right now. My Imperial Army would have a good range of ranks with this & my current Imperial Officer (Major / Colonel / Commodore) (SW0877) & Imperial Recruitment Officer (Chief / Navy Captain) (SW0913) minifigs.

I would absolutely adore a Imperial Navy Officer (Lieutenant / Security, Stormtrooper Captain) (SW0774) minifig, but it's really quite expensive!

4 hours ago, BlueLanturnCorp said:

I decided to splurge,

You a fan of the Mandalorian, by any chance? :laugh: Solid purchases, especially if you don't have an X-wing or TIE yet.

My BB shuttle is on the way, and they STILL have not charged me. I got a receipt, but I don't see any money missing from my paypal or bank account.

Aside from that I'm waiting before getting anything else, as some people are pretty intense about wanting them day 1 and I'm not super into anything but the shuttle. I figure I'll pick up the throne in a month or two, then get the marauder around christmas and scrap it for parts. I did purchase a Bohrok off ebay, of all things to get on the most anticipated day of the year for Lego Star wars fans.

I got way luckier than I thought I would yesterday! 

When I got home from work Saturday night, I got on Lego.com and the Gunship was available. Luckily I was able to order it without the site crashing on me. Surprisingly, they are still available?

After running errands on Sunday afternoon, I stopped by Target expecting to leave empty-handed. But, I found all the new sets, except the forge. 

So, yeah, I spent over $700 today!

In the last week I've bought and built duel on mandalore, the imperial marauder, Slave I, bad batch shuttle, mando fighter, Gideon's cruiser and the probe droid. UCS gunship has left LEGO's warehouse and should be here by the end of the week. Still trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on the cantina.

Ordered two of the UCS gunships at launch on Sunday. Hoping that they might be worth more than the correct box in several years. Might build one of them at some point but one will definitely stay sealed. 

3 hours ago, Bbafett said:

Ordered two of the UCS gunships at launch on Sunday. Hoping that they might be worth more than the correct box in several years. Might build one of them at some point but one will definitely stay sealed. 

Very bold of you to admit that around here, I respect that

Yeah, well I dont normally buy to invest in Lego. Not like I am turning around and selling it on eBay for $550 like I see out there currently. That is just stupid to see when the product is still being sold at normal prices. When it gets discontinued in a few years it might prove to be a good/bad investment. 

Well...first time in long time doing this, but I bought the entire wave of sets (Gunship, Mando Starfighter, Slave One, Shuttle, Marauder, Duel, Cruiser, Meditation Chamber, and Forge). Oof, but very excited! 

Only other planned purchases would be the rumored AT-AT and Tumbler (Batman). 

First time being able to post here in awhile. Went kinda big yesterday with Duel on Mandalore(glad I didn’t need up buying the AAT or just Ahsoka online for $20), Mandalorian Starfighter, and Slave I. 

48 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

First time being able to post here in awhile. Went kinda big yesterday with Duel on Mandalore(glad I didn’t need up buying the AAT or just Ahsoka online for $20), Mandalorian Starfighter, and Slave I. 

I wasn't even tempted (and adore Ahsoka's character + design) since I thought the figure looked horrible. But having it now in hand (from the cheaper Mandalore set as well) - the printing on torso + legs is phenomenal, as well as the face printing!

I also really appreciate Maul (first decent face print in an official set since the oldest Maul figures which also had a very good expression) and the builds. Usually nowdays I would immediately scratch those builds for parts after building it for fun but I'll update and then keep these builds for sure.

I also got the Slave I: I think it's the best spaceship build in years.

Speaking as a person who no longer has any big interest in Star Wars since Rebels ended: it's a fantastic set! I feared it wouldn't look as good in person. While having a high piece count for SW (though maybe just small pieces) it doesn't look like 50€ big - BUT it does look like they put a lot of effort in it to look that accurate. It captures so many of the aggressive edges and curves. And figures are obviously just a hit. A big thing might also be that it's an actual SW set with a good colour combination. I am sick of sets made out of dark and light grey zebra stripes with the occasional out of place dark tan and standard blue or red stripes.

This set I think came out really good - I don't mind paying 50€ this way, compared to an oversized Tie-Fighter, that could have been done better with less pieces.

In the last years I only purchased old Lukes, Mando battle pack and the Razor Crest. So happy to end this streak with such good sets!

21 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I wasn't even tempted (and adore Ahsoka's character + design) since I thought the figure looked horrible. But having it now in hand (from the cheaper Mandalore set as well) - the printing on torso + legs is phenomenal, as well as the face printing!

I also really appreciate Maul (first decent face print in an official set since the oldest Maul figures which also had a very good expression) and the builds. Usually nowdays I would immediately scratch those builds for parts after building it for fun but I'll update and then keep these builds for sure.

I also got the Slave I: I think it's the best spaceship build in years.

Speaking as a person who no longer has any big interest in Star Wars since Rebels ended: it's a fantastic set! I feared it wouldn't look as good in person. While having a high piece count for SW (though maybe just small pieces) it doesn't look like 50€ big - BUT it does look like they put a lot of effort in it to look that accurate. It captures so many of the aggressive edges and curves. And figures are obviously just a hit. A big thing might also be that it's an actual SW set with a good colour combination. I am sick of sets made out of dark and light grey zebra stripes with the occasional out of place dark tan and standard blue or red stripes.

This set I think came out really good - I don't mind paying 50€ this way, compared to an oversized Tie-Fighter, that could have been done better with less pieces.

In the last years I only purchased old Lukes, Mando battle pack and the Razor Crest. So happy to end this streak with such good sets!

Just finished building it. It was a fun build, I don’t even mind the smaller size. I liked how they attached the two sections. I didn’t understand what that thing you build at the end is, but seeing it as a stand is pretty cool. It feels like a sturdy ship given its size too. 

12 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Just finished building it. It was a fun build, I don’t even mind the smaller size. I liked how they attached the two sections. I didn’t understand what that thing you build at the end is, but seeing it as a stand is pretty cool. It feels like a sturdy ship given its size too. 

Oh there was a stand :pir-laugh:

As I always change some things/mostly colours while building, I didn't think of the extra parts.

I think the size really works - and you have about as much interior as in all other Slave I's :pir-laugh:
Ironicaly Jango's Slave I (which I owned as a child) had the most interior yet.

10 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Oh there was a stand :pir-laugh:

As I always change some things/mostly colours while building, I didn't think of the extra parts.

I think the size really works - and you have about as much interior as in all other Slave I's :pir-laugh:
Ironicaly Jango's Slave I (which I owned as a child) had the most interior yet.

It’s something else too. In the instructions it shows it against the top of the Slave I. I suppose it’s supposed to be like those rebel carts from the OT. You can fit the carbonited Gamorrean under the ladder as well. I would’ve just preferred a stand to that weird thing. :tongue:

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It’s something else too. In the instructions it shows it against the top of the Slave I. I suppose it’s supposed to be like those rebel carts from the OT. You can fit the carbonited Gamorrean under the ladder as well. I would’ve just preferred a stand to that weird thing. :tongue:

I have to find the pieces again and build it. Except for those weird battle pack obscuruties I build everything usually before putting apart again :pir-laugh:
But yeah - looking at the pictures, a stand would have been cooler; comparable to the one for the classic Batman car.

Still a nice throwback - back in the days I loved getting those side builds

My order of the Imperial Armored Marauder arrived today! :excited:
It's a nice build and the resulting vehicle looks awesome :wub:

Now I need to make up my mind whether I want to order Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser :innocent:

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

My order of the Imperial Armored Marauder arrived today! :excited:
It's a nice build and the resulting vehicle looks awesome :wub:

I completely agree. The build was very nice & it looks great, with plenty of scope for mini mods too. :classic:

I've already removed the stud shooters on the front, replacing them with Dark Bluish Grey 2 x 1 Curved Slopes. I need to do something about the stud shooters on the back too, but I don't know what yet.

I have another Trexler Marauder & a Bad Batch Shuttle awaiting building too. :classic:

I'm trying to hold out until Christmas before buying the Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser set, lol.

14 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

I'm trying to hold out until Christmas before buying the Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser set, lol.

Hehe, good luck :tongue:
I caved and ordered it at S@H yesterday, along with Bro Thor's Asgard. 
I can't preorder The Mandalorian Armourer's Forge here, which I intended, but I should have enough VIP points by then to spend on that :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch
Grammar error

75296 Darth Vader Meditation Chamber — last copy available (for now) at the Düsseldorf Lego Store, €5 less expensive than in Belgium. I haven't built it yet, but the box was much lighter than I had expected… At least it contributed to reach the threshold to get the 40487 GWP, and I have a Vader with printed arms at last.

Offtopic: in the Store I spoke Dutch with a friendly German AFOL, and I noticed only later (while I was busy choosing from the PAB wall) that he was wearing a Eurobricks shirt; it's just a shame I didn't have the opportunity to tell him I was a member too, because he left before I had the opportunity to address the matter ;)

This week i bought Duel on Mandalore and Mandalorian starfighter from Hungarian bricklink store and i paid only 88$ for it, meanwhile in Croatian LEGO store i would pay 86$ just for the mandalorian fighter, also picked up Snoke and 2 praetorian guards to boost my guard numbers to 5. 

Really conficted about my next purchase i want bad batch shuttle figures, but not the set so i have to wait for January leaks to see if Crosshair and Wrecker end up being in some better set so i can pass on this one. At the same time i am deciding what to army build next and also eyeing multiple older sets and figures.

6 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Really conficted about my next purchase i want bad batch shuttle figures, but not the set so i have to wait for January leaks to see if Crosshair and Wrecker end up being in some better set so i can pass on this one. At the same time i am deciding what to army build next and also eyeing multiple older sets and figures.

I'd wait, as the 2022 leaks will be any day now and worst case scenario they aren't in it and you just wait a bit before getting the shuttle (maybe at a discount even).

If you haven't army built any of the 4-9 major factions (Clones, Seps, Rebels, Empire, Resistance, First Order, Jedi, Hunters/criminals, mandalorians), I'd go for some of those. (Personally I don't have many FO or Resistance troops, though). Hunters/scum and mandalorians are fun to mass as you can bricklink varied parts for them and create purist customs for standard mandalorian warriors or hutt cartel soldiers.