KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

parts for a second modded Han Solo tie fighter (by Ron Mcphatty) in order to get 2 Tie fighters surrounding one modded tie interceptor :)

Ordered 75292 The Razor Crest and 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina for May the Fourth (along with a copy of the GWP 40451 Tatooine Homestead with each); I’m still awaiting the Cantina (it was back ordered), but looking forward to it.

Today, for the anniversary of Star Wars, so far I’ve assembled a copy of 75270 Obi-Wan’s Hut; I might build another set later (thinking about one of two copies I have of 75052, the version of the Mos Eisley Cantina from 2014).

3 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I might build another set later (thinking about one of two copies I have of 75052, the version of the Mos Eisley Cantina from 2014).

Update: you’ll all undoubtedly be glad to know I did that very thing, but it turns out I have a defective part in this seven-year-old set! Fortunately it’s nothing rare - one of the tan 1x6x2 arches. But still! I’m glad it wasn’t something set-specific licensed thing. Off to TLG’s customer service...

Finally got on my hands the 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina set 20% off during May, 4th deals. Great set overall. Now I have to repurpose my old cantinas as side buildings :laugh:

Picked up the 2017 LSW Annual for 6.50€ (incl. shipping), which is a pretty solid price for the included Chopper and Ezra figures.

Having been taking a break from Bricklink recently, I thought a little purchase was in order.

10 extra 501st Legion Clone Troopers (SW1094) will finally complete my 501st Clone Army. I now have a total of 40 501st Clone Troopers (SW1094) & 10 Clone Jet Troopers (SW1093).

I've needed an Emperor Palpatine (SW1107) minifig for a while now. How could I have an Imperial Army without Palpatine? Haha.

My droid collection has been increasing for a while now & a Silver Protocol Droid U-3PO (SW0766) will make a nice addition.

Of course I also bought lots more parts for MOCS I have in planning.

Picked up 75050 B-wing (minus Nien Numb and General Craiken, although I'm not too fussed about their absence) for the not unreasonable price of 40EUR from Tori.Had to supplement one or two missing pieces from my collection, but it now means the only alphabet fighter I'm missing is the elusive U-wing. Still waiting on a good deal for that...

EDIT: I just noticed the spring-loaded shooter missiles are missing. I am, as you can probably imagine, utterly distraught. /s

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Finally got the new r2. Just got the email it was back in stock and got it ordered!

I infally got around using a couple of giftcards I had and got the new X-Wing 30% off :)

Still a bit unsure about the square back and non retractable front skid, but that wing mechanism is exactly what I wanted from a lego X-Wing and makes me want to try and overhaul the one on 75218.

I picked up 75283 AAT, mainly for the minifigs, but I put the AAT together and it’s not bad IMO with a couple of very minor mods - I took out the larger diameter parts of the main gun, flipped the side guns so they are the correct way up, and removed the round part between the hull and the cones pieces that hold the side guns. I may look to make the turret narrower, but I may have to sacrifice the seating for the droid up there.

Got the Snoke's throne room for apr. $55 (the price was a turning point). Was surprised that it is still available in my country with a discount. Not sure if I am going to open it any time soon but when I have enough space or when I decide to make a moc based on TLJ I will certainly return to this set. 

A while back I learned that during my LEGO dark period, “the guy who flew the falcon with Lando in EpVI” Ten Numb was released in a set. His minifig came in the mail a while ago and I am so excited!

4 hours ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

A while back I learned that during my LEGO dark period, “the guy who flew the falcon with Lando in EpVI” Ten Numb was released in a set. His minifig came in the mail a while ago and I am so excited!

Awesome!

One small correction, while the minifigure is a Sullustan, it is not Nien Numb (who flew on the Falcon). Ten Numb is a B-Wing pilot. 

2 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Awesome!

One small correction, while the minifigure is a Sullustan, it is not Nien Numb (who flew on the Falcon). Ten Numb is a B-Wing pilot. 

Thank you….excuse my galactic stereotyping

Got the new shuttle and the AT-AT. Haven’t built the Walker, but I have already modded the shuttle to fit more figures in the back.

Third copy of 75300.  Converted one to an Interceptor, the other two are to spec, but with modifications to the interior of the wings.

5 hours ago, JPN366 said:

Third copy of 75300.  Converted one to an Interceptor, the other two are to spec, but with modifications to the interior of the wings.

I'm curious about the interceptor conversion, did you have to add many parts to get the right wing shape?

2 hours ago, Per_SW said:

I'm curious about the interceptor conversion, did you have to add many parts to get the right wing shape?

No, I used the parts that are included.  I copied what Nano Bricks did on YouTube.  There is one mistake in the video.  There are a bunch of parts left over afterwards, but you can add them to make the wings more stable.  There are 4 2x4 plates left over, but you can add them on the inside back part of the middle of the wings to lock the pieces in place better.

1 hour ago, JPN366 said:

No, I used the parts that are included.  I copied what Nano Bricks did on YouTube.  There is one mistake in the video.  There are a bunch of parts left over afterwards, but you can add them to make the wings more stable.  There are 4 2x4 plates left over, but you can add them on the inside back part of the middle of the wings to lock the pieces in place better.

Good to know it uses only parts that are already included, I'll check it out :)