KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

My 75301 "Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter" arrived, and I'm thrilled to start building as soon as I have time :sweet:

Got 75301 Luke's X-Wing and 75295 Microfighter with Han Solo. Super glad I did as I still needed a Princess Leia and OGT Han.

Heavily modified the X-Wing though. Added retractable landing gear and gutted the crew cabin so Luke could sit up-right. Gave him a flight yoke pilot-facing instrumentation and sensor array.

Could not modify the nose sadly due to lack of parts but added an underside to it so that at least it looks aerodynamic instead of a stump. Overall though I am really happy with that X-Wing.

On 1/25/2021 at 12:46 AM, Japanbuilder said:

Got 75301 Luke's X-Wing and 75295 Microfighter with Han Solo. Super glad I did as I still needed a Princess Leia and OGT Han.

Heavily modified the X-Wing though. Added retractable landing gear and gutted the crew cabin so Luke could sit up-right. Gave him a flight yoke pilot-facing instrumentation and sensor array.

Could not modify the nose sadly due to lack of parts but added an underside to it so that at least it looks aerodynamic instead of a stump. Overall though I am really happy with that X-Wing.

Ooh, I like the sound of those! Would you consider sharing some photos/instructions of those mods - for research, of course *huh*

11 hours ago, Yoshifan33 said:

Ooh, I like the sound of those! Would you consider sharing some photos/instructions of those mods - for research, of course *huh*

Sure. I will try to do it this week. I am sure most folk have hit upon similar mods though as they took a long look at how to improve it.

Edit: Ok updated my blog with pictures and explanations of my modifications, feel free to take a peek. https://iroiroandplastic.blogspot.com/2021/01/lego-75301-lukes-x-wing-modifications.html

If the link does not work for some reason or other just hit the link in my signature.

Edited by Japanbuilder
Update

11 hours ago, Japanbuilder said:

Sure. I will try to do it this week. I am sure most folk have hit upon similar mods though as they took a long look at how to improve it.

Edit: Ok updated my blog with pictures and explanations of my modifications, feel free to take a peek. https://iroiroandplastic.blogspot.com/2021/01/lego-75301-lukes-x-wing-modifications.html

If the link does not work for some reason or other just hit the link in my signature.

Those look absolutely phenomenal!!  I've been planning a few mods of my own, but I think I will definitely take some major inspiration from you.  

13 hours ago, Japanbuilder said:

Wow! I definitely gotta grab the pieces for some of these...

EDIT: Also, as an alternate, possibly use a lever piece in place of the skeleton leg?

Edited by Yoshifan33

16 hours ago, Yoshifan33 said:

Wow! I definitely gotta grab the pieces for some of these...

EDIT: Also, as an alternate, possibly use a lever piece in place of the skeleton leg?

Yup use anything you have to represent the flight stick. I happened to have that leg handy so I used that but anything will do as long as you like it =)

18 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Those look absolutely phenomenal!!  I've been planning a few mods of my own, but I think I will definitely take some major inspiration from you.  

I am happy this has inspired more creativity. Do post pics someplace of your mods also =) Also I found a way to insert T-Shaped diverters into the intakes without jamming tiles in there. I updated the article in my blog at the bottom in case you want to see those.

Edited by Japanbuilder
Update

75188 Resistance Bomber arrived on Tuesday, in preparation for the star bricks B project.. still gonna build it.  Last night found a 75244 brand new on eBay for £190 which I thought was pretty good - not sure whether to keep in the box for a while or break it open.

Got a big lot off eBay, containing:

Edited by Yoshifan33

Bought two used sets (AFOL owner, built once etc..).with box, instructions and unused stickers in excellent condition

* 75179 Kylos Tie

* 75189 Heavy assault walker

It's for my sons birthday. Costs roughly the same as one new set. 

Just bought 75273 Poe Dameron's White and Orange X Wing and another couple of Obi Wan huts as I want to do the MOC shown in this months BRICKS magazine.

On 11/16/2020 at 4:56 AM, Sarah_H7744 said:

I need to buy a few more Tusken Raiders from Bricklink. I also need to buy some Stormtroopers & Death Troopers, as they will be great for another variation on a Mandalorian display.

Fab, I'll check out the modding posts & videos for BARC Speeders & AT-RTs. :classic:

The build did not disappoint, it is one of my 3 favorite Star Wars sets now!

A second hand Tydirium shuttle 

finally i will be able to recreate a scene i loved so much, the arrival of emperor Palpatine with Darth Vader with an army of stormtroopers lined up and a feu red guards

i will resell the minifigs of the set to compensate the outrageous price of the set 

Yay, Amazon have just delivered my Imperial Shuttle (75302) set & the last two 501st Legion Clone Troopers (75280) battle packs that I need. :classic:

I've spent far too much money on 501st battle packs, but my Clone army is impressive.

13 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

I've spent far too much money on 501st battle packs, but my Clone army is impressive.

I get the feeling, I managed to stop myself after the fourth, but the call to buy "just another one" is still there :D

6 hours ago, Per_SW said:

I get the feeling, I managed to stop myself after the fourth, but the call to buy "just another one" is still there :D

I'm glad you've managed to break the 501st battle pack addiction!

I've bought 10 in total now, which is ridiculous! Ha ha, :classic:

Found a few 75301s out in the wild, so I picked one up to experience the new smaller tier X-wing - I was especially curious about the Technic scissor mechanism used for the s-foils.  I was pleasantly surprised by the level of accuracy and proportion the designer achieved with a smaller piece count - great build!

I added a few bits and pieces...
Gr7fwLwm.jpg
NgZBaJEm.jpg

9 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

I'm glad you've managed to break the 501st battle pack addiction!

I've bought 10 in total now, which is ridiculous! Ha ha, :classic:

That's quite the number :D
I am satisfied with four and when I'll have the time to take pictures I'll make a thread for the TX-130 Saber Tank I cobbled together from them, but I'm still considering buying another one to keep sealed for the future.

23 minutes ago, Per_SW said:

I am satisfied with four and when I'll have the time to take pictures I'll make a thread for the TX-130 Saber Tank I cobbled together from them, but I'm still considering buying another one to keep sealed for the future.

I look forward to seeing the pics. :classic: