KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

On 11/14/2020 at 11:22 AM, Sarah_H7744 said:

I've just bought two more 501st Legion Clone Troopers Sets, making a total of six. :sweet:

I've just ordered two T-16 Skyhopper vs Bantha Microfighters (75265) sets.

I plan to use the Tusken Raider minifigures & the Banthas, combined with the Mandalorian Encounter on Tatooine (75299) set in a display. I don't currently own any Tusken Raider minifigures, so I'll have three in total for the that. The Banthas will look cool I think. Maybe a couple of Jawas in the background would be nice with that too. I don't have any Jawas at the moment though.

I can't see myself being able to use the T-16 Skyhopper builds & the Pilot minifigures in any displays to be honest though. The T-16 Skyhopper Pilot minifigures look really good though!

I'm also collecting two more 501st Legion Clone Troopers Sets (75280) from the same shop tomorrow, these are just for the minifigures really. I don't need anymore AT-RTs or BARC Speeders. I'm planning ahead & purchasing the Clones for a Republic Gunship at some point in the future. The Battle Droids will be added to the ranks of the Separatist Droid army in my main 501st battle display. 

I like the idea of converting one of my current BARC Speeders by adding a sidecar, having seen some nice examples on YouTube. This will look cool alongside my three other current BARC Speeders.

The remaining Lego pieces from the Clone Troopers Sets & the T-16 Skyhopper builds can then be used to try & build something myself. I'm not very creative though, lol.

4 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

I've just ordered two T-16 Skyhopper vs Bantha Microfighters (75265) sets.

I plan to use the Tusken Raider minifigures & the Banthas, combined with the Mandalorian Encounter on Tatooine (75299) set in a display. I don't currently own any Tusken Raider minifigures, so I'll have three in total for the that. The Banthas will look cool I think. Maybe a couple of Jawas in the background would be nice with that too. I don't have any Jawas at the moment though.

I can't see myself being able to use the T-16 Skyhopper builds & the Pilot minifigures in any displays to be honest though. The T-16 Skyhopper Pilot minifigures look really good though!

I'm also collecting two more 501st Legion Clone Troopers Sets (75280) from the same shop tomorrow, these are just for the minifigures really. I don't need anymore AT-RTs or BARC Speeders. I'm planning ahead & purchasing the Clones for a Republic Gunship at some point in the future. The Battle Droids will be added to the ranks of the Separatist Droid army in my main 501st battle display. 

I like the idea of converting one of my current BARC Speeders by adding a sidecar, having seen some nice examples on YouTube. This will look cool alongside my three other current BARC Speeders.

The remaining Lego pieces from the Clone Troopers Sets & the T-16 Skyhopper builds can then be used to try & build something myself. I'm not very creative though, lol.

Tuskens are dirt cheap on bricklink, I'm trying to restrain myself from ordering 10 more for $20 from one seller..

There's some good videos and posts here on modding the Barcs and AT-RTs to minifigure scale, too.

Finally, after many years of patience and saving money, I acquired Betrayal at Cloud City! Planning to wait til Christmas to open it, but I am so excited!!!

1 hour ago, Darkslayer said:

Finally, after many years of patience and saving money, I acquired Betrayal at Cloud City! Planning to wait til Christmas to open it, but I am so excited!!!

Congrats! It’s truly an underrated set, and a welcome update.

I was lucky enough to get a copy of the Nebulon-B, and just received a shipping notification today.

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Tuskens are dirt cheap on bricklink, I'm trying to restrain myself from ordering 10 more for $20 from one seller..

There's some good videos and posts here on modding the Barcs and AT-RTs to minifigure scale, too.

I need to buy a few more Tusken Raiders from Bricklink. I also need to buy some Stormtroopers & Death Troopers, as they will be great for another variation on a Mandalorian display.

Fab, I'll check out the modding posts & videos for BARC Speeders & AT-RTs. :classic:

...oops

Nothing Star Wars :blush:

Edited by lowlead
read the topic more carefully next time.

just purchased another Resistance Bomber..... don't ask just something about that ship intrigues me.... a cross between a WW2 B-17 and a Submarine... such a beautiful design...

o Almost forgot I finally ordered my Disney Castle since its available again on Lego.com and plus the double points and two gifts you get It felt like it was a decent deal.

SW Brickheadz: Mando and the child, Leia, Luke and Yoda, Young Solo & Chewie, Boba Fett, white stormtrooper

i think next year I'll build the MOCs: Luke snowspeeder outfit, a tie pilot and Ahsoka to complete the shelf

I didn't get Kylo Ren, kind of disappointing with his hood...

Edited by macaron35

Last week, after 15 years, I finally got some jedi starfighters:

9498 Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter (second hand and incomplete, had to bricklink some parts and Saesee Tiin)

75135 Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor (second hand)

75281 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor (new)

45 minutes ago, Big_Daddy said:

Last week, after 15 years, I finally got some jedi starfighters:

9498 Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter (second hand and incomplete, had to bricklink some parts and Saesee Tiin)

75135 Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor (second hand)

75281 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor (new)

The latest anakin's interceptor seems better than the previous one which is same generation as Obiwan's 75135

i was wondering if i should wait for Lego to update Obiwan's to have 2 consistent ships

would you mind posting a picture of both next to each others ? Thanks :)

3 hours ago, macaron35 said:

Sold my 75192 MF and ordered the 75257 MF, just saved a lot of space and some money for my collection

oh noooooooooo how could you do that?

I got the Stormtrooper Helmet and a second Sith Trooper Battle Pack on Monday.

I also just got my Shop@Home order today: a third 501st for me and a Mando/Child Brickheadz as a Christmas present for my cousin.

8 hours ago, Vouatch said:

oh noooooooooo how could you do that?

Honestly, with my baby girl growing, she can now reaches everything that is about the height of a table or most furniture and all my shelves and other storage/display are already full.

I recently got rid of my UCS X-Wing, Y-Wing and Snowspeeder and recovered a lot of space. The only one left was the MF, it was "stored" built on top of my bedroom furniture, I couldn't even look at it and it was getting dust.

It is very heartbreaking for me because it was the very first ship of my Lego SW collection and it took almost a year for me to build, but I will mod the 75257 so that i will be detailed and compensate my loss of my UCS. Now with the extra money, I can save and wait for 2021 sets to make the collection grow again. I am also releaved i was able to sell it at a fair price and especially be able to simply sell it due to the legal limitations of the semi-lockdown in France. The guy droves 3 hours to come. Hopefully he was allowed thanks to his business status.

19 minutes ago, macaron35 said:

Honestly, with my baby girl growing, she can now reaches everything that is about the height of a table or most furniture and all my shelves and other storage/display are already full.

I recently got rid of my UCS X-Wing, Y-Wing and Snowspeeder and recovered a lot of space. The only one left was the MF, it was "stored" built on top of my bedroom furniture, I couldn't even look at it and it was getting dust.

It is very heartbreaking for me because it was the very first ship of my Lego SW collection and it took almost a year for me to build, but I will mod the 75257 so that i will be detailed and compensate my loss of my UCS. Now with the extra money, I can save and wait for 2021 sets to make the collection grow again. I am also releaved i was able to sell it at a fair price and especially be able to simply sell it due to the legal limitations of the semi-lockdown in France. The guy droves 3 hours to come. Hopefully he was allowed thanks to his business status.

I can understand of course your many reasons. That's for me the same way, the MF is my first lego since 25 years and it gave me the possibility to play again with Lego. Then I bought many others set just for the idea to mod it or to create background environnement. I'm in France also and I know the situation. The MF is very searched by customers and I would bought another one during fisrt sanitary confinement and I discovered that there was many prices and many scams around this set on LeBonC... Good to see that some classified ads come from honnest people! Can I ask you how many did you sold it? I would say around 600 to 700€ without mods but with the box. 

I sold it for 650€ built with all its minifigs and its box in perfect condition. The buyer told me he saw many ads but the box was scratched or has dents or with damaged white boxes inside.

i believe that this kind of purchase should be done on-site. This gives the possibility for the buyer to check everything by himself. Ads on leboncoin are mostly not to say all scams. A guy is even showing a picture of a brown box with a white sticker saying Lego 75192 :hmpf_bad:

we ended up spending quite some time chatting about lego SW and legos in general...

he was happy about the fair price and condition and so was I because thanks to that sale I can keep my collection growing with smaller sets...

i can’t wait to receive my 75257 and order extra pieces to improve it.

i guess giving up on UCS sets is a compromise to make when budget is tight and when one wants to keep buying new sets.

@macaron35 good price of course, and clearly what I supposed :wink:

On my side, all is turning around this UCS set, since I'm 40 yo, I'm now interesting by very accurate set, and this one was clearly a dream, many years after I saw the 10179 set. then I bought many and many other set ind second hand market just to have pieces to improve this one set. What is interesting for me is equally the scale rendering, 75257 set will be a little bit small faced to minifigs. I have a friend who was offered an UCS imperial star destroyer (75252), it was fun to help him build it but now, it's hard to have more fun with this set, we only can create some micro ships but impossible to create an interior in minifig scale... My friend is disappointed because when he has to present his set to anyone, he only can talk about exterior design... nothing can be opened, no extra feature.

that's my opinion but I clearly understand yours lol!

And my luck is to have a room for my different passion (mangas, retrogaming), si I red you were missing place, that's hard to play with it in this case.

Hope you'll be happy with your future set and don't hesitate to give feedbacks on it, I will follow your topic!