KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Betrayal At Cloud City appeared on the UK S@H yesterday for all of 5 seconds and I managed to snag it. Full price, but with the mini robots, a City people pack and double VIPs it was worth it considering it is OOS everywhere else and meant to be retired. :excited:

I owned speederbikes with snowtroopers and just purchased and received scout troopers to replace snowtroopers

I felt like it was a better fit with scout than snowtroopers which i will re-use for the Hoth battle and populate the AT-AT (which has 5 seats)

3GCiPf.jpg

Tantive IV, in what will be probably be my last purchase for a while. Great set and a real looker, although there are a few annoying gaps that could do with being filled in.

Just built the 75288 AT-AT.  Best AT-AT to date by far.  Solid construction (except for maybe some weak hip joints), good proportions, great minifigs, the mobile cannon and speeder bike fit inside...worth the price, IMHO.  Nicely done, LEGO.

A huge amount of bricks and parts via LEGO directly to finish some rebricks of known MOCs on my list, like the Dowager Queen, as an extension of my Mos Eisley Cantina and a Working Platform for the area of my showcase, which houses numerous star hunters of the Rebel/Resistance. 

UCS Falcon, It finally came onto the Australian lego store at the same time the double VIP points promotion was running so grabbed it. Saving it to build over my Xmas break

I've just completed building the General Grievous's Starfighter (75286) set. It was a lovely build & looks really good in my display. The Airborne Clone Trooper is nice & I needed an Obi Wan minifig.

I have two BARC Speeders to build today from the 501st Legion Clone Troopers (75280) set.

75092 Naboo Starfighter complete including original box for 59 EUR via eBay, LEGO bricks & parts for a working platform to give my starfighters in the showcase the atmosphere of a hangar. Furthermore bricks and parts for another evaporator for my Mandalorian Outpost Diorama (and yes, it will never be finished ... :-))

Been on a jedi starfighter kick lately. Picked up the 2020 Anakin one, Obi's 2016 edition (which I slightly modded to make R4 sit more flush with the wing) the 2012 dark green version which also included a small mustafar duel, and finally the Azure Angel set based on the old clone wars micro series. They compliment each other pretty well. 

Picked up the vulture droid from 2014 too, as well as some more 501st. 

Grievous' ship is next, when I can purchase it for less than $80. I've seen some rather good deals on sealed ones on eBay, might have to jump on one of those soon. 

x-wing 75218 and then I think i'll be done for 2020

I will be modding my 2 y-wing, x-wing, the first tie fighter and transforming the second tie fighter into a tie interceptor

Picked up Bespin duel set on eBay plus Kyle Ren microfighter on amazon and 501st battle pack and AAT tank set 75283 at Target 20% off. 

Almost picked up Boba Fett helmet but decided to wait for a better deal than 10% off. 

75244 Tantive IV and now awaiting February and The Mandalorian Hero Vehicle Until then I'm done with Star Wars/LEGO sets for this year.

Picked up another 501st set and the Poe Dameron X-Wing polybag last week.

Awaiting for the System version of the aforementioned X-Wing to go on clearance, as well as some other 2020 sets. I might actually go clearance hunting after Christmas this year.

Went to a bigger store in the area hoping for the Razor Crest, but I guess they took the "amazon exclusive" bit seriously. On the other hand I used the 25% off coupon I had and pulled the trigger on the 75257 Millennium Falcon, the first Falcon I ever bought.

4 hours ago, Per_SW said:

Went to a bigger store in the area hoping for the Razor Crest, but I guess they took the "amazon exclusive" bit seriously. On the other hand I used the 25% off coupon I had and pulled the trigger on the 75257 Millennium Falcon, the first Falcon I ever bought.

It's a great falcon! also very easy to mod to look like ANH if you want to do that.

I bricklinked parts for a cobb vanth custom and some other mandalorians, I'm thinking this'll be the last purchase until christmas, I'm trying to wait until then to pull the trigger on the AT-AT

15 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's a great falcon! also very easy to mod to look like ANH if you want to do that.

Indeed it is,  just finished building it. Also having the round rectenna is enough for me, at least for now, to feel like its the OT one. I'll dig up the mods thread on that particular MF for ideas but I don't think I'm gonna change much.
Also the leak of the new Mando set lets my wallet breathe again a bit, being much cheaper way to get Mando and the child without purchasing the Razor Crest =D The Crest stays on the wishlist though

1 hour ago, Per_SW said:

Indeed it is,  just finished building it. Also having the round rectenna is enough for me, at least for now, to feel like its the OT one. I'll dig up the mods thread on that particular MF for ideas but I don't think I'm gonna change much.
Also the leak of the new Mando set lets my wallet breathe again a bit, being much cheaper way to get Mando and the child without purchasing the Razor Crest =D The Crest stays on the wishlist though

The razor crest is the best set I've gotten since the rogue one wave, I do recommend getting it eventually. Lots of room for mods, but it's very good as-is too.

Had a stressful week so I felt like treating myself with a Lego set today. I was gonna get a few more 501st sets but didn’t find any. Instead, I got the “Knights of Ren Transport Ship”, or Night Buzzard, and saved 20% on it. Now, I just need two more Knights of Ren to complete the set.