KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

2 hours ago, JPN366 said:

I recently found some good deals on eBay.  I got 75278 for $36 plus shipping, 75272 for $45 plus shipping and 75284 for $58 total.  Now I have the complete set of the Knights of Ren.  Now I just need LEGO to make a Ren figure.

Just... wow.

I forked out the full price for my D-O. It seemed expensive at first but I just couldn't not get it.

I don't regret my purchase but I'd be happier if I could find a deal like that :sceptic:

Edited by JintaiZ

Well... Got the brick sketches BB-8, with a nice GWP. :wink:

My last BL order finally came, carrying the other 50% of pieces for the 75135 Obi-Wan's ETA-2.

Glad to have found half of the pieces needed from my spare parts, I'm still unsure about the final result: on one hand it's a nice little build, but on the other there are some issues that are even more evident in person, such as poor R4 sitting almost halfway outside its socket. Then again I still wanted it to go with the 2014 Anakin's one, but I'll keep my eyes open for the eventual 2022 one :D

Ended up pulling the trigger on the Cantina :tongue:. Those minifigures really grew on me. I managed to rearrange my collection to make space on a couple of shelves, and God knows how unsightly empty spaces are in bookshelves! :wink:

Also got Yoda's Lightsaber. I don't know what I'm gonna do with it. Just like the Hagrid & Buckbeak Brickheadz, I'm not really interested in it, but those licensed GWPs do sell for a fairly interesting price online...

Wednesday: 75081 T-16 Skyhopper
Yesterday: 75136 Droid Escape Pod

Both shot on eBay for a total of 15 EUR. Was a snapper, since both fit well into my collection around Tatooine. Oh yes, and in between there were 2 Bith musicians (to get the Cantina Band of my MBS Mos Eisley Cantina complete with 5), a Probe Droid Polybag for my little Hoth scene (all three things for another 15 EUR) and bricks for 40 EUR to rework my desert diorama, or better the Mandalorian Outpost inside.

Next I will concentrate on Jabbas' Palace and the Rancor Pit I think.

Edited by NerdYoda

crazy late september purchases... 

recently got the latest AT-AT (75288), an AT-ST (75153) and AT-DP (75083)

and finally waiting for my Resistance Bomber (75188) for pieces for the UCS version by Starbricks and also bricks to recreate a small part of the Echo base (trench and turrets) to face the walkers from small older sets (8084 and 75138)

Not a purchase per se, but discovered last year's advent calendar that had gone unopened for some reason. Which means I got to do something I've always wanted to do... Open all the doors at once! It's got a decent figure selection, but opening it all at once did make me realise just how much single-use plastic goes into these things, and this was the first year with cardboard trays IIRC. The move to paper bags cannot come soon enough.

On a separate note - was this thread always unpinned?

After a long time debating with myself if it was worth to buy a LAAT microfighter on BL to finally get the second pilot for my 75021 I found one "used only for display" today at a local flea market for the RRP of 10€ I'm definitely happy

Edited by Per_SW

Last 2 weeks i got Director Krennic and 2 Death Watch troopers from BL,2020 AAT and most recent buy was 2020 Jedi Interceptor on 30% sale. Atm deciding should i get At-St raider Grievous starfighter,more AATs or collect money for new laptop or ucs batwing/batmobile. 

7 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Last 2 weeks i got Director Krennic and 2 Death Watch troopers from BL,2020 AAT and most recent buy was 2020 Jedi Interceptor on 30% sale. Atm deciding should i get At-St raider Grievous starfighter,more AATs or collect money for new laptop or ucs batwing/batmobile. 

Death watch troopers are so cheap on bricklink, I love it! I got, I think 8 for around $20 last year I believe. IMO the best set out of the ones you've mentioned is the AT-ST raider, but you can buy some tanks and sell off the ahsokas and troopers to get the tanks for about $2 a piece unless the prices have changed since I last checked, which is a pretty darn good deal.

On 10/11/2020 at 4:14 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Death watch troopers are so cheap on bricklink, I love it! I got, I think 8 for around $20 last year I believe. IMO the best set out of the ones you've mentioned is the AT-ST raider, but you can buy some tanks and sell off the ahsokas and troopers to get the tanks for about $2 a piece unless the prices have changed since I last checked, which is a pretty darn good deal.

Yeah i am so grateful they didnt jump in price like other older battle pack figures like 2008 clones. I think i paid around 70$ for all my 24 troopers. Thanks for suggestion i will definitely be selling ahsokas idk about troopers though i kinda like them,its crazy how both figures are worth that much.

Purchased TGBDZ’s instructions for his Ghost VCX 100 freighter.  Excited to start getting the parts to put this beautiful moc together. Might have to wait til after wife and I build the UCS millenium falcon I bought a couple months ago.

As I’m not inspired by 2021 I’ve been looking at some older sets. Saw the Republic Av-7 Cannon was barely being sold anywhere and when they were was never in the UK - was about £115 excluding shipping from Europe and then a £175+ uk version on eBay. Last night saw a new seller for it on EBay for £120. Crazy money I know but relative to the other sets it was a steal. 

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

As I’m not inspired by 2021 I’ve been looking at some older sets. Saw the Republic Av-7 Cannon was barely being sold anywhere and when they were was never in the UK - was about £115 excluding shipping from Europe and then a £175+ uk version on eBay. Last night saw a new seller for it on EBay for £120. Crazy money I know but relative to the other sets it was a steal. 

it's the wolfpack troopers. Some people are willing to pay disturbing prices for the p2 wolfpack, 212, and coruscant guard, so the prices of their respective sets skyrocket.

Even in the states the cheapest complete (not even new) set of that is $125, so it sounds like you got a deal, especially if it was a sealed copy.

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

it's the wolfpack troopers. Some people are willing to pay disturbing prices for the p2 wolfpack, 212, and coruscant guard, so the prices of their respective sets skyrocket.

Even in the states the cheapest complete (not even new) set of that is $125, so it sounds like you got a deal, especially if it was a sealed copy.

Box has a slight dent but other than that it says it was sealed and completely new. I’ll let you know when it arrives if it was too good to be true. You’re right about the clones in the set. Surprisingly Plo Koon was expensive too because he’s slightly different. I did look at the Coruscant Police Gunship but that’s just too much. 

I am definitely getting into the idea of investing in Lego. The potential there seems fascinating but also really interesting. I never see any UK sellers on old sets on bricklink for Star Wars (or very rarely) so it might be something I look to get into e.g. buying 10 Razorcrest’s etc etc. 

Shame the 2021 sets don’t seem interesting to invest in! 

just bought another old set with snowtroopers and speederbike because the one delivered with the 2020 AT-AT is not very detailed and not very nice compared to the old one

and this will make more snowtroopers to go with the AT-AT which has plenty of empty seats (as I will replace the snowtroopers by scout troopers on the bikes)

Finally picked up a 501st set (in stock in Leicester Square), as well as the Bantha and Skyhopper microfighters. I was going to part these out and use the figs but that bantha is just too cute.

I still can't believe I bought 3 times the Sith potrait (#31200) to make the big long Darth Vader one.

It was totally worth it!

On 10/12/2020 at 7:23 PM, ArrowBricks said:

Great, now I'm also looking at AV-7s, just when I promised myself to stop buying lego for a while and invest on more shelves/a table to display the lot hapazardly stored around the house =D

Edited by Per_SW

In the last month I’ve gotten the most Star Wars sets I’ve gotten in a while. Some of these were purchases and some were birthday gifts.

-Duel on Bespin (I actually stayed up  until midnight to acquire this one as soon as it was available.)

-Boba Fett Helmet (basically got it for free thanks to VIP Points.)

-Star Destroyer Keychain (Only got it because the Boba helmet was literally $0.01 less than the amount of VIP Points I had so I had to add something else to my cart...)

-Galaxy’s Edge Resistance IT-S Transport

-Bantha and T-16 Skyhopper Microfighters

-Razor Crest

I still need to get the Advent Calendar and that’ll probably be it for my Lego spending this year, except for maybe The Child and some Harry Potter stuff.

Confession. I found a Cantina on ebay with a damaged box, starting bid £99. Leaping for joy, I placed the bid. 

Then I realised its not the new one. It's the 2014 one. :facepalm: 

So far..... no other bids. 

Remember when Leonard bids on the time machine? That's how I feel.