KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I recently got Jabbas Sail Barge (75020) used off BrickLink and have to say I am underwhelmed as it is a lot smaller in person then I thought it would be.  Think I will need to add it to my queue to mod (thinking of doubling the length and width each to make it a bit bigger).

I bought the new A-Wing, largely because - in terms of scale - it is identical to traditional A-wings, and doesn't have any identifying Resistance features. As a result, I feel like it can effectively crossover to OT collections without any modifications. Plus, I love A-wings (who am I kidding? I love all the OT ships).

I'm probably going to get the Y-wing, too, even though it doesn't translate nearly as smoothly. I think Lego really hit it out of the park in terms of the nose shaping, and the rest of it could probably be altered to a classic Y-wing's appearance for <30 pieces. 

5 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

I bought the new A-Wing, largely because - in terms of scale - it is identical to traditional A-wings, and doesn't have any identifying Resistance features. As a result, I feel like it can effectively crossover to OT collections without any modifications.

This and the fact that I love that dark green color scheme are the reasons I'm considering buying the new A-Wing even though I don't care for the sequels, even if I already have the red 75175 rebel A-Wing (because Lando is rare enough, so any occasion to get him is good).

1 hour ago, Per_SW said:

This and the fact that I love that dark green color scheme are the reasons I'm considering buying the new A-Wing even though I don't care for the sequels, even if I already have the red 75175 rebel A-Wing (because Lando is rare enough, so any occasion to get him is good).

The green was the primary driver for my purchase, too :).

Few purchases over the past few months:

75021 - Corporate Alliance Tank Droid £13.50 (+ postage) - missing a couple of minor pieces (bought mostly for Jango)

41629 - Boba Brickheadz £15 & 75161 - Tie Striker Microfighter £3.50 from one seller on ebay (+ postage) 

75245 - SW Advent Calendar - £20 in Tesco (Not paying full price for it :classic:)

75222 - Cloud City - £213 from Smyths (collecting it Saturday). Currently £225 but then there's £12 off if you spend over £100. I wasn't planning on getting this set unless it was discounted below £230, so my arm was twisted :snicker:

I just bought a couple of big buckets of Lego from Facebook Marketplace. Upon investigating, there are over a hundred minifigures in there, and I can identify the following sets:

-2009 Venator Cruiser

-2005/2006 Clone Turbo Tank

-2008 AT-TE

-2007 MTT

-2007 Hyperdrive Ring

-2002 Bounty Hunter Pursuit

-2003 Jabba’s Palace

-2003 Jabba’s Message

-2006 Jabba’s Sail Barge

-2004 MOs Eisley Cantina

-2009 AAT

-2006 Slave 1

-2002 Ewok Attack

-2007 Echo Base

-2007 Sith Infiltrator 

-2009 Assassin Droid Battle Pack

-2005 Darth Vader Transformation

-2005 General Grievous Wheel Bike

-2004 Millennium Falcon

-2009 Battle of Hoth

-2003 Geonosian Fighter

-2007 Naboo Starfighter

-an unidentified TIE fighter

plus some Harry Potter (including the 2004 Hogwarts Castle), Batman 1, Spongebob, and Indiana Jones sets (including the Temple Escape).

This was all $75 for the 2 buckets.

Edited by Aegis2000

75248 A-Wing Starfighter at €18.36 (20% off €22.95, Belgian RRP: 34.99)

75257 Millennium Falcon at €95.20 (20% off €119.00; Belgian RRP: 159.99)

Edited by essel
typo

On 10/25/2019 at 2:54 PM, Aegis2000 said:

I just bought a couple of big buckets of Lego from Facebook Marketplace.

Wow! That was a very good finding... Congrats!

Decided to buy a second copy of Kylo's Shuttle using VIP Points during 2x VIP promo for $109.99.

On the surface, the improvements in this version are obvious.  However, after building this set, I'm really impressed by the spring-loaded mechanism that operates the wings.  Fantastic set, I have a soft spot for shuttles :laugh: 

A double catch this weekend, first I got the 75243 Slave I as a gift, then found out that the local store was having a rare 25% off everything and picked up a 75248 A-Wing

I usually stay away from the sequel sets unless it’s something that can fit into the OT (like the new A-wing which I’m currently contemplating), or something that looks like it would be useful for other projects such as my own little Lego universe which is missing something to be used as the OpFor. I’d been trying to find a fig or set of figs that are mass-able and look the part and aren’t instantly ‘that’s star wars’ and the new praetorian minis were what I was looking for, so I got the battle pack and when holding them they are even cooler, the helmets and shoulder pads really do the trick so now I’m just gonna have to order a load of the minis from eBay or brick link! 

1 hour ago, Glassjaw said:

I usually stay away from the sequel sets unless it’s something that can fit into the OT (like the new A-wing which I’m currently contemplating)

As stated just above, I recently bought the last A-Wing for the exact same reason and I just finished modding it to make it a bit more similar to 75175. If you like the ship and the colour scheme I definitely advise getting it (even better if at a discount), modding should be quite easy.

Also:

1 hour ago, Glassjaw said:

I’d been trying to find a fig or set of figs that are mass-able and look the part and aren’t instantly ‘that’s star wars’ and the new praetorian minis were what I was looking for

Nice to see I'm not the only one not getting a SW feel or look from some of the sequel era new designs.

Picked up an unmarked 'bin of lego' at a garage sale for 50 bucks. Opened it up to find not only was it full to the top with random pieces, but also had the instructions and parts (except the figures sadly) for the Clone Turbo Tank 75151 and the ISD 75055. Not bad! 

Bought a lot of stuff recently

2 phase 2 wolfpacks

2 clone shock troopers

2 212th clone wars clone troopers

clone seargent

agent kallus

the inquisitor

jedi and clone battlepack 20$

bounty hunter batttlepack 15$

dewback vs escape pod 10$

Got the 75254 AT-ST 40% off. The set is nice, although with only one driver place. With jumpers it's easy to mod it to have space for two drivers as it should. 

The minifigs are great.

Walmart.com had a very brief flash sale yesterday and I managed to get the UCS Y-Wing for 25% off.

On 11/5/2019 at 3:51 PM, dvogon said:

Got the 75254 AT-ST 40% off. The set is nice, although with only one driver place. With jumpers it's easy to mod it to have space for two drivers as it should. 

The minifigs are great.

That's a great deal, where did you get it?

2 hours ago, JPN366 said:

That's a great deal, where did you get it?

Before the Christmas campaign we get quite interesting deals here in Europe, specially in some weekends. This one was from Carrefour, but other big stores make good deals as well in the range of 20%-40% during October and November.

From that offer I also got the new Harry Potter sets in advance for my children and the day after I found with the same discount 75243 Slave I system scale ship and 75256 Kylo Ken's shuttle, which is a great improvement over the last one, now in the fence of being dismantled for MOCs. 

The mid scale Slave I of 75222 Betrayal at Cloud City will probably have the same destiny now that I have the system scale one. I found 75222 in another weekend in October 30% off at Toysrus, which in some countries here in Europe manages to survive. 

Edited by dvogon

Picked up 75222 Betrayal at Cloud City at the LEGO Store during VIP weekend.  Double points and 30% off.

Edited by JPN366

Picked up AT-ST Raider today...for obvious reason. And that was before I saw the amazing Mando BP coming out!

7 hours ago, JPN366 said:

Picked up 75222 Betrayal at Cloud City at the LEGO Store during VIP weekend.  Double points and 30% off.

I really really envy the discounts you get in the US, here even for VIP weekend there was no hint of a discount on any interesting SW set in my opinion.

Anyway I finally bricklinked 75035 and 75089 (Kashyyyk and Geonosis BP), adding a couple of troopers from the same seller. Apart from a couple of cracked torsos (which I noticed after feedback) the condition was as good as advertised, but it remains a cautionary tale to double or triple-check any used lego one buys.