KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

16 hours ago, bountybossk said:

Just sold my Black VIP Card Frame for €80,00 and bought Vader's Castle on sale for €79 from Amazon France. Didn't really care about the frame and the fig, so I basically got Vader's Castle for free :).

you sold something to get money from it and spent it for something so technically... you didn't get it for free lol

Edited by G59

I got Vader's Castle yesterday, boy I haven't bought a set for a while, but when I saw it first, I knew I had to get it. I'm in love with it. Also bought an Imperial Patrol Battle Pack to boost the imperial presence at the castle and just because IMO the Patrol troopers look wicked sick.

Got 75180 Rathtar Escape at Target for $39 including tax.  It was on sale on the website for $35.70, said none of the store around me had any in stock.  Went to the closest store, they had two.  Target app was showing the in store price, checked Amazon, they had it for $35.70, Target matched that.

Last few weeks, I bought around 800-850 battle packs. I'll let my kids sort them over winter break. :devil:

3 hours ago, madoka said:

Last few weeks, I bought around 800-850 battle packs. I'll let my kids sort them over winter break. :devil:

800-850? I think we all want to hear that story. 

7 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

800-850? I think we all want to hear that story. 

I buy a lot of Lego. I think I'm around 15,000 Star Wars minifigs now.

1 hour ago, madoka said:

I buy a lot of Lego. I think I'm around 15,000 Star Wars minifigs now.

which is more than 15,000€/$ of lego minifigs?!

17 minutes ago, G59 said:

*huh* This we need to see.

My son and I are in the region of maybe 100+ troops of various combat lines and we're seriously devoid of space. You have... 15,000?!?! I can't even fathom of the room that takes up. So now you have to share haha!

1 hour ago, G59 said:

I imagine 15,000 SW minifigs would cost a lot more than $15,000. 

1 hour ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

You have... 15,000?!?! I can't even fathom of the room that takes up. 

I have around 50,000 minifigs, as I have a large collection of Castle, Space, and Pirate was well. Bought the house next door to solve the storage problem.

4 hours ago, madoka said:

I imagine 15,000 SW minifigs would cost a lot more than $15,000. 

I have around 50,000 minifigs, as I have a large collection of Castle, Space, and Pirate was well. Bought the house next door to solve the storage problem.

Wow, I admire your dedication to lego collecting :laugh:

I just got 75203 Hoth medical chamber, so I now have enough to make a Hoth scene!

- 1 imperial patrol battle pack "75207" -30%

- 1 bounty hunter battle pack "75167" -35%

- 6 first order transporter speeder "75166" -40%. Love this BP, good stuff for my UCS AT-M6

thanks amazon for the discounts... :)

I got a $100 Barnes and Noble gift card for Christmas, so I bought Snoke's Throne Room 75216 and I also got a second TIE Striker 75154, which was 50% off.

On 12/16/2018 at 1:50 PM, bountybossk said:

Just sold my Black VIP Card Frame for €80,00 and bought Vader's Castle on sale for €79 from Amazon France. Didn't really care about the frame and the fig, so I basically got Vader's Castle for free :).

Wow, that's a great price, nice!

On 12/18/2018 at 11:00 AM, madoka said:

which battle packs?? be sure to make a picture of all those troops lined up!!

75173, 75174, 75175, 75182, 75191, 75198 x 2, 75205 and 75208. Merry Christmas to me and my wanted list is now completed :yoda:

So...did anyone in the US happen to see the Advent Calendar on clearance for $10 at Costco?  There were about twenty there (mid-December), but I'd already bought mine at full price in September.  Needless to say, I felt a bit stupid.  I didn't get a second one, though, because it was halfway through the month, I didn't know anyone who really wanted one, and I thought it would be bad to hoard LEGO Advent Calendars (though I'm pretty sure some went to scalpers, anyway, because they were gone a few days later).

Anyway, I got 75218 X-Wing (also from Costco clearance, for $50) as Christmas gift from my dad.  What can I say?  A few simple mods and I like it more than the UCS.  I've actually come mostly around on the new helmet mold.  But why couldn't think print one side of the pilots' heads with chin straps?  It just seems to almost defeat the purpose...  And as for the rest of Red, Gold, Blue, Green, Rogue, Grey, and whatever other squadron?  Let's have all wings report in at the end of the next decade and see how many helmets actually ended up getting made.

Today, though, I bought the Death Star Escape and the Escape Pod vs. Dewback Microfighters.  A bit silly to pay full price, I know, but I had received some money as a gift, and I was very much looking forward to those two sets.  So far I've only build the Microfighter, and all I can say is that I sincerely hope this isn't the last wave.  While a Sandcrawler or Bantha would have been preferable to the Escape Pod, I love that little set to bits.  I also love the new Stormtrooper helmet mold, which I was not necessarily expecting to say.  It's pretty much perfect.  But not as perfect as proper leg and hip printing would be....

Also maybe worth noting: I arrived just an hour after the LEGO Store opened, and I bought the last Dewback...wow.  And apparently the Praetorian Guard Battlepack sold out almost immediately.  I don't know what the store's inventory level was, but I always find it interesting to see what goes quickly on day one.

Went to the LEGO Store and got two 75225 Praetorian Guard battle packs and refilled a PAB cup with red 2 x 4 bricks to begin a first draft of my red wall around the Snoke's Throne Room set.

Also went to Walmart and got the 75202 Defense Of Crait set for $49.

9 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

And apparently the Praetorian Guard Battlepack sold out almost immediately.  I don't know what the store's inventory level was, but I always find it interesting to see what goes quickly on day one.

I got 2, there were 4 on the shelf.  I imagine they had more in the back, my LEGO Store usually has good stock.