KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Picked up 75251 Vader's Castle, 75204 Sandspeeder and an additional Imperial Patrol battle pack before it is retired on S@H. 

Get the old Phantom for 5 Euro; 2x 8038 Battle of Endor ( each 60 Euro), 75042 Droid Gunship (22 Euro) and 75093 Death Star Final Duel with two extra Royal Guard from the old Star Destroyer 6211 (36 Euro), no boxes but all complete and in very good condition, (My Kid´s Christmas-wishlist, they want only the old Sets)

Bricklinked a Death star II, I quite like it despite all the negativity towards it. I will make a great room display!

I got it for around 500 AUD, and also bought some minifigs along the way.

Just ordered a Han Solo keyring to get the final insult offer from the Black VIP Card… (after getting a code via an e-mail). The postage cost was higher than that of the item… :angry:

I wonder if it comes in a box or in a polybag…

Got myself the yoda's hut and some PAB to get the Black card exclusive set... 

19 hours ago, essel said:

Just ordered a Han Solo keyring to get the final insult offer from the Black VIP Card… (after getting a code via an e-mail). The postage cost was higher than that of the item… :angry:

AT this point I would not be surprised if it was coming completely loose in the shipping box... ? 

Thursday - 4 scarif trooper polybags £2 each (the entertainer shop) and the droid polybag also £2.

Yesterday I pulled the trigger and ordered the Luke/Yoda and Leia brickheads and clone battle pack (plus other bits for £50 free shipping) for the black VIP promo set. Shame boba was sold out, he's the best one by far! Also took advantage of the lego £5 PayPal offer I activated last month. Think it expires soon.

Edited by azzer86
Typo

22 hours ago, essel said:

I did exactly the same. $7.99 keyring, $12.50 postage. The things we do for ‘exclusive’ perks...:hmpf: 

Since it was a slow afternoon, I randomly decided to swing by my nearby store, to check if there's anything good on sale. Managed to snag the last UCS Falcon in store for 610 EUR. Now I'm debating on going back for Slave I, which was also on sale...

My order of Darth Vader's Castle arrived the day before yesterday. Finished building it about two hours ago.
Love it :wub:
The order also earned my the Han Solo Mudtrooper polybag. Also a great addition :purrr:

Regards,
Mitch

4 hours ago, MikroMan said:

Since it was a slow afternoon, I randomly decided to swing by my nearby store, to check if there's anything good on sale. Managed to snag the last UCS Falcon in store for 610 EUR. Now I'm debating on going back for Slave I, which was also on sale...

I’d definitely go back for Slave-1. It’s either retired or retiring very soon. It’s great value for a UCS, scales perfectly with the Falcon and they look incredible together. 

Darth Vader's castle was my latest big buy. From Amazon for a 25% discount.

But followed by 2 small buys (75195 and 75199, both discounted) as qualifying purchase for the black VIP minifig and display stand.

USA SALE NEWS: 

Darth Vader's Castle is currently on sale for $90 (31% off) on Amazon in the United States, for 12 more hours, or until it sells out.  I stumbled across this while browsing for information about Star Wars Celebration 2019, of all things, and it's a pretty great deal for a new, large set.  You don't even have to be a Prime member.  I'm just mentioning this here because I've missed other "lightning deals," and if this helps anyone else, so much the better.  I'll have to wait until Christmas to see whether I got it...  :blush:  :wink:  :laugh:

On 12/7/2018 at 12:32 PM, essel said:

It comes in a polybag....

3 hours ago, Jawolliebollie said:

Yes, I've received mine today (in a crushed box — even more damaged than usual…), and I must say TLG has let us down again for this final insult… This should have been at least in a proper polybag, not some kind of doggybag!

On 12/8/2018 at 6:45 PM, MikroMan said:

Congrats! I was lucky as well this time with the UCS MF. With the saved money I would have no doubt about getting the Slave I for a perfect companion.

Edited by dvogon
typo

2 hours ago, essel said:

Yes, I've received mine today (in a crushed box — even more damaged than usual…), and I must say TLG has let us down again for this final insult… This should have been at least in a proper polybag, not some kind of doggybag!

Agreed, but on the other hand this bag has a adhesive strip so you don’t have to cut it open. This way you can put the set back in the bag as well. I didn’t expect the MF card to be included so that was a nice surprise for me. 

Got Vader's Castle, have it already built. I'd have to say it's one of the greatest sets lately!!

On 12/12/2018 at 2:13 AM, Jawolliebollie said:

On 12/12/2018 at 5:52 AM, essel said:

I wouldn’t be complaining, have you seen how much they are already ‘worth’? Regardless of the packaging it’s low volume and thus highly collectable. In fact, I think the lack of graphics, simple instructions and individual numbered QC sticker on the back only adds to its charm. 

On Monday I bought  the 75213 Advent Calendar with 40% off:

45402189505_936026236d_c.jpg

And on Friday these:

46265050382_5e932084f6_c.jpg

Edited by Gubi0222

Just sold my Black VIP Card Frame for €80,00 and bought Vader's Castle on sale for €79 from Amazon France. Didn't really care about the frame and the fig, so I basically got Vader's Castle for free :).

Edited by bountybossk