KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

1 hour ago, bricks360 said:

Does the First Order Heavy Assault Walker 75189 ever go on sale?  I have never seen a price drop.

I got it for 50% off at Walmart back in January.

10 hours ago, JPN366 said:

I got it for 50% off at Walmart back in January.

Dang it!  I would have loved to get it back in January for that price!

75208 Yoda’s Hut. I couldn’t resist it anymore. The Luke minifig is great & the additions of the “Force” are splendid. 

Got the Ach-to training, somewhat discounted, also recently picked up the Jedi and clone trooper and Imperial patrol BP,s quite satisfied with all of them.

Also found some leftover A-wing pilot polybags in my local TRU, so snagged one of those as well for good measure.

I got 75181 UCS Y-Wing...oh wait, it's not Friday yet.  :wink:

In the past month, I got the Imperial Patrol Battle Pack, Yoda's Hut, the Solo TIE Fighter, a second Cantina (:blush:), the Vader nowthisisPodracing, last year's advent calendar on discount, and the UCS Red Five for a good deal on eBay.  As much as I love the X-Wing, I am hesitant to recommend that UCS to anyone until we see final pictures of this summer's set.  Yeah, I've spoiled myself way too much.  The UCS Y-Wing will be a birthday gift though, so I guess it's good that I'm not spending even more on that--even though I would if I had to; it's a beautiful set!

Just got the UCS Slave 1 along with the free Darth Vader pod.

I'm planning to pick up the UCS Y-wing on Friday. Do these items tend to sell out on the day of release? I'm planning to buy it in store as opposed to online if that makes any difference.

4 hours ago, Csaba said:

Just got the UCS Slave 1 along with the free Darth Vader pod.

I'm planning to pick up the UCS Y-wing on Friday. Do these items tend to sell out on the day of release? I'm planning to buy it in store as opposed to online if that makes any difference.

LEGO has been notoriously bad (or else strategically maddening) at keeping new or desirable items in stock, particularly during promotions.  However, I would say that the Y-Wing will be nowhere near as scarce as the Falcon, but probably more so than the Snowspeeder.  I called my local LEGO Store in the United States, and they said they will be getting at least 40 sets for May the Fourth, possibly more the next week.  So I think there's no need to line up outside the store early, but I would get there within the first hour if you can, just to be safe.  

Also, enjoy the Slave I!  I don't particularly care for the ship in the movie, but the set is just beautiful.

5 hours ago, Junior Shark said:

Ahch-To Island Training. It’s a handsome little set with a lot of value. 

This set is amazing, especially now that it's perpetually discounted.  The minifigures alone are worth it, and the hut is actually a really cute build, with lots of cool pieces.  My favorite little detail is the asymmetrical little fire pit area, where I have Chewie roasting a Porg.  :blush:

I am not so hyped about the Solo movie but I bought the 75207 Imperial Patrol Battle Pack and reviewed it here:

19 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

LEGO has been notoriously bad (or else strategically maddening) at keeping new or desirable items in stock, particularly during promotions.  However, I would say that the Y-Wing will be nowhere near as scarce as the Falcon, but probably more so than the Snowspeeder.  I called my local LEGO Store in the United States, and they said they will be getting at least 40 sets for May the Fourth, possibly more the next week.  So I think there's no need to line up outside the store early, but I would get there within the first hour if you can, just to be safe.  

Also, enjoy the Slave I!  I don't particularly care for the ship in the movie, but the set is just beautiful.

Thank you

Just picked up Yoda's Hut, a Mos Eisley Cantina and BB-8 polybag with the added bonus of double VIP points from the LEGO store online. 

Yodas hut, sandspeeder, jedi and clone troopers BP, Hans Solo and Chewie brickheads. The BB8 poly, some poster and double VIP. 

1 hour ago, roadstermatt said:

Y-wing ucs set comes with bb8 poly bag and as a black VIP card holder the blueprint poster

Same order for me, was going to get the Darth Maul buildable figure but received it along with a few others (Chewbacca, Elite TIE Pilot, Praetorian Guard) for my birthday on Monday.

Just got the Y-wing and BB-8. I was at the shop 10 mins before opening along with one other person. He didn't bother with the Y-Wing but did get a couple of other Star Wars items presumably so that he could get the BB8 set. Safe to say the Glasgow store probably isn't going to sell out today.

Edited by Csaba

4 hours ago, roadstermatt said:

Y-wing ucs set comes with bb8 poly bag and as a black VIP card holder the blueprint poster

same here.

Ordered the y wing last night, on Lego.com and I got a fee Vader pod, I messaged Lego asking about BB8 - they said they'll send me the BB8 as well. Amazing service there, can't complain.

Ordered my Y-wing last night as well. No Vader Pod though (not a big deal since I got one earlier). Did get the BB8 automatically along with entering my code for the VIP Black Card Y-wing blueprint.

Edited by axiom

Managed to pick up the 75138 Hoth Attack on eBay for a fair price.

Finally ordered the UCS MF. Plan to use the double points toward the new UCS Y wing and get a second BB8 too. Unfortunately the points aren't showing up on my account yet. 

Is it safe to say that the UCS Millennium Falcon will be readily available now?  Seems like other retailers online now have it in stock like Target, Wal-Mart, etc.  Or is this only a restock pertinent to the May 4th date?  And it will be hard to get again?

I think the “Shortage” leading up to may the fourth at least the last few weeks may have been a little bit of stockpiling for Star Wars day.  So we are probobly out of the woods on major out of stock periods.