KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

16 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Tbh, that kinda guides most of my opinions on LEGO Star Wars, like:
Crappy halfway-built AT-ST: Cheap Phasma and BB-8, so it's good in my book.

I thought that, but I also liked the rest of the Vader set, and that AT-ST costing more than the Rogue One version was just too much for me, even with Phasma.

Then again, I've been trying to stick to a theme of early empire, original trilogy sets and anything clone wars that could be passed off as still being used so Phasma had much less importance to me.

1 hour ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I understand. I'm also thinking about getting into imperial army building, if only because a CIS army would be too stiff for my tastes.

The rebels stormtrooper battle pack was a good buy for that, 4 stormies and useful grey plates 

for £11, but it's only around at extortionate prices now. The rogue one pack with two Death troopers wasn't bad either, though the mini build was a bit bland.

44 minutes ago, BrickShady said:

Ordered 10 x winged Geonosians and 4 x Battle Droids Security

What are you planning to create with these?

Got another bounty hunter battle pack for my custom Jabba Palace. First one is devoted to a 75055 Star Destroyer.

48 minutes ago, Glassjaw said:

The rebels stormtrooper battle pack was a good buy for that, 4 stormies and useful grey plates 

Indeed! I didn't like too much the Rebels' helmet design, but I saw them as a different squadrom to peace my mind. I got some before the new battle packs with classic storm troopers, which I like more. That set was much better than average and it had 155 pieces, which is still quite uncommon for a battle pack and, as the stormies held their value, the pieces alone were very cheap. I took several of those.

Edited by dvogon

21 hours ago, Glassjaw said:

What are you planning to create with these?

Some prequel stuff)) In the near future, hopefully. Seems like I've been gathering various bits forever :grin:

i had a pretty good result last week and yesterday with discounts and an argos gltich. 

I picked up the Rathtar set 75180 for £40.00 

tattooine battle pack for £7

new first order battlepack for £7

75176 for £14.00

75200 for £15.99

Made a trade: Tumbler + Orthanc Tower for UCS Sandcrawler + UCS Tie Fighter + bought Death Star 10188 at original price from the same seller. All sets NISB :)

Edited by G59

Last set is the 75170 Y-wing at 33%, maybe not the best deal, but was a good one. Before I managed to buy the 75179 Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter at 40% both from Amazon.it

Last LEGO sets were 75154 TIE Striker and 75170 Y-Wing, both ~25% off. Last brickset was THIS Efferman-inspired vertical stand for 75105 MF, €24,27 shipping/taxes included via bricklink. The KRMF i'm going to buy will get the same stand, but a different colour.

I've only gone and got another AT-AP 7671 (just love them) and the Rebels AT-DP (yeah I have a walker problem).

The AT-DP to me just looks so mean and powerful, plus it's imposing height I just had to have it, and it fits with the theme I'm building nicely.

Now serious question; I have the option of scoring either an AT-TE 7675 or the Republic Frigate. Getting both is a bit out of my budget, as much as I just want to! The at-te will round out my ground forces nicely especially with a bit of interior modding to create a proper troop and command compartments, but the only space ship I have is a B-wing for the rebel scum, and a V-wing (imperial version) so the frigate gives me some space power as well as a cool looking ship I can fiddle with. Decisions, decisions...

2 weeks ago I bought the Millennium Falcon and every night I've built one numbered set of bags. Today was the last set and the Falcon is finally finished :classic: 

Now comes part two; finding a spot to place this monster of a set...

22 minutes ago, Space_jaco said:

Contemplating buying 75153 at st from rogue one. Found it at 42€ MISB. Worth it? 

Thanks

I would say yes, it's a great model that's easily modified, though it needs work to better pose the legs s they only move at the hip.

The driver is  great new version and Baze Malbus is just fantastic.

9 hours ago, Space_jaco said:

Contemplating buying 75153 at st from rogue one. Found it at 42€ MISB. Worth it? 

Thanks

I bought two of them last year and it's a good model. Paid ~£30 for first and ~£25 for the second in a sale. I wasn't too fussed about the baze and trooper minifigs, so sold them for ~£12 so it made the models even cheaper :)

12 hours ago, Space_jaco said:

Thanks

Buy it now, visit the thread in this very forum about several modifications some us made and start having tons of fun. This is the set which provide me some of the best Lego moments in my life, right after good old 7965 MF.