KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I picked up some Rebel Alliance Battle Packs today.

Finally succeeded with the online store and Slave 1 shall be mine. Hard part will be trying to convince my 5yr old son that this is a dad-build for display!

Happy May the fourth Eurobrickians! I ordered Rebel Combat Frigate, A-wing and Phantom II from S@H, mostly for the minifigs. Ordered on April 29th and its still listed as 'In Warehouse' five days later. I don't know of any other company that drags it feet on shipping like Lego...at least to Australia.

Some really good deals this year; I already picked up most of what I wanted earlier with the last double VIP but I picked up just enough to get the poly pag. ( Desert skiff + discounted imperial BP )

13 hours ago, Brickdad said:

Finally succeeded with the online store and Slave 1 shall be mine. Hard part will be trying to convince my 5yr old son that this is a dad-build for display!

Nice Work DAD! - I think that you'll really love this set!

33 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Some really good deals this year; I already picked up most of what I wanted earlier with the last double VIP but I picked up just enough to get the poly pag. ( Desert skiff + discounted imperial BP )

You waited until May the 4th to buy a set at full price???

About 30 min ago, the snowspeeder went on sale, the R2-D2 polybag started, double VIP points went into effect, and all of the sales began in the United States. It appears that the only "main" (non-keychain, dvd, etc.) sets on sale are the combat frigate, spider droid, Krennic's Shuttle, U-wing, Poe's X-wing, Y-wing, Battle on Scarif, AT-ST walker, Rey's Speeder, Duel on Naboo, the Carbon Freezing Chamber, and a battle pack. All are 20% off.

Y-wing and Battle on Scarif are two that I didn't have and they were an additional +50 points, which effectively made them 20% off with 3x VIP points. I grabbed both and got my free R2-D2.

I'm going to wait until my VIP points come through to buy the snowspeeder...

Edited by thorin

59 minutes ago, thorin said:

Nice Work DAD! - I think that you'll really love this.

I'm going to wait until my VIP points come through to buy the snowspeeder...

Thanks Thorin, looking forward to this build. :grin:

Enjoy the snowspeeder, will prob be next year's "yearly ucs purchase" - during the may 4th promotion.

Oh, and just picked up the MF for my son's Christmas - though it will be a family build. No way a 5 yr old has the patience, or competence, for a set like that.

Edited by Brickdad

Finally got the R3-M2 astromech. It's a really limited-release polybag which I got from one retailer. Along with this, managed to buy The Phantom II 

2 minutes ago, makoy said:

Finally got the R3-M2 astromech. It's a really limited-release polybag which I got from one retailer. Along with this, managed to buy The Phantom II 

How did you manage that! Thought R3 was only available from May 7th?

1 minute ago, Brickdad said:

How did you manage that! Thought R3 was only available from May 7th?

I'm in Asia.

Well, that's a bit unfair. Lego should release these things at the same time worldwide. Especially because europe can't get the R3 until the May promotion has ended......although I have read on here it's free with any star wars purchase. So, key ring for me if that's the case.

2 minutes ago, Brickdad said:

Well, that's a bit unfair. Lego should release these things at the same time worldwide. Especially because europe can't get the R3 until the May promotion has ended......although I have read on here it's free with any star wars purchase. So, key ring for me if that's the case.

TLG has never been fair with all the SDCC exclusives. It's very debatable and it's a can of worms I don't want to open. 

I remember this polybag being available from monobrand stores in EU first... so, I don't know if it is fair that I am getting it just now.

13 minutes ago, makoy said:

TLG has never been fair with all the SDCC exclusives. It's very debatable and it's a can of worms I don't want to open. 

I remember this polybag being available from monobrand stores in EU first... so, I don't know if it is fair that I am getting it just now.

No worries, just wondered why. Hopefully when available from lego store it is available free with keyrings etc. and not a mimimum-spend item.

Picked up the Rebel Combat Frigate for May the 4th. Amazingly, Lego had it on sale, which was nice because it's really the only set I wanted to get right now. Don't really care much for the polybag, I'll probably just leave it sealed and stored away.

12 hours ago, Markalus said:

Happy May the fourth Eurobrickians! I ordered Rebel Combat Frigate, A-wing and Phantom II from S@H, mostly for the minifigs. Ordered on April 29th and its still listed as 'In Warehouse' five days later. I don't know of any other company that drags it feet on shipping like Lego...at least to Australia.

Weird, I ordered the phantom 2 (as well as the Snowspeeder and Takodana) as well on the 29th. It shipped and tracking says its at the facility in Sydney for the past 2 days - probably because of customs. Should get it by the end of next week. I wonder what's keeping yours up.

Tried to order Slave 1 last night and this morning and both times got errors when trying to apply my gift cards. Now it's out of stock :(

The UCS Snowspeeder - can't wait to mod it! :D :D :D

Ordered sets for the May the Fourth promotion around 6:30 central time this morning.  Both Y Wing and Yoda starfighter already on backorder.  That did not take long.  

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Weird, I ordered the phantom 2 (as well as the Snowspeeder and Takodana) as well on the 29th. It shipped and tracking says its at the facility in Sydney for the past 2 days - probably because of customs. Should get it by the end of next week. I wonder what's keeping yours up.

You're lucky. I suspect I may have just missed your shipment. It's still saying "In warehouse". It always seems to take 2-3 weeks for me. I will call customer service in the morning. 

I ordered the At-St and Carbonite freezing chamber to qualify for the R2-D2 polybag.  Both were on sale too :)

My 75144 UCS Snowspeeder has just arrived!

34320291511_080ab6cae4_z.jpg

It feels quite heavy; I'm looking forward to building it this weekend :wub:

Decided to bite the bullet and get something this may the fourth.  So I jumped online to buy the y wing at full price but it was 20% off so I added a boba fett key chain for 3.99 to get the bill over 50 used $5 in rewards so it's $50 out the door for the y wing key chain and r2d2 poly bag ?

For my May the 4th buys from the LEGO Shop I ordered up 75154 TIE Striker, 75165 Imperial Trooper Battle Pack, 138 bricks from Pick-a-Brick, and since I spent over $50 I'm also getting the Buildable R2.