KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

4 minutes ago, Jedi Master said:

I bought 20 of the original episode 2 clones (my profile pic) for $65 from 2002.

Very good deal! Although I'm a fan of the new phase 2 clones the most.

On 5/18/2013 at 7:12 PM, targeting said:

That's a tough question, I would like to say that I'm going to keep it sealed...but on the other hand I would love to have 100-150 Clone Troops to display...

It almost would have been better if the previous owner had opened that, that way I wouldn't have to decide.

I wouldn't  open it. Eventually I might force myself. I mean you got such a good deal as it was. Doesn't that just seem so weird that the fact that some plastic things are inside a little plastic bag and just the fact that the plastic bag does not have air coming through on one end makes it worth so much paper (money). Weird to think about how we determine what is worth what.

I finally caved in for the UCS TIE, I nabbed it at 20% off on amazon, which is a much more reasonable price. 

Picked up two AT-AT 75075 Microfighters today. I just wanted the two minifigs for my plus size AT-AT project, but I found a lot of the pieces I needed for the same project! :classic:

Picked up a bulk lot (43lbs!) from a local ad site (Kijiji) for $60CAD *huh* that has the parts for 10195 (dropship with AT-OT) and 7964 (Republic Frigate) in it, along with tons (well, pounds :laugh:) of other parts from other SW sets (e.g. clone turbo tank micro), plus some City & Bionicle stuff. No minifigs that I can see so far, but I don't collect PT figs so no worries. Once I've got it all separated & cleaned, this will be awesome for MOCs.

I doubt I'll ever make a bigger score on the local ads than this! :thumbup:

Got the 75175 A-wing today. It's a lovely set, though I immediately ditched the spring shooters and lowered the curved slopes next to the cockpit by 1-stud to make it look less chunky and more in line with my 4 other A-wings. Now I'm waiting on the green Rebels A-wing from Ebay and I'll have every official A-wing minus the original but plus my custom.

Also got the Phantom 2, but I'd really like to finish my Ghost revamp before I put it together.

On 3/31/2017 at 10:23 AM, Jedi Master said:

I bought 20 of the original episode 2 clones (my profile pic) for $65 from 2002.

That's an awesome deal! I love those guys.

Grabbed the Sith Infiltrator 7961 for $45 on eBay. Not a great deal, but decent. I debated which version to get for quite some time and finally decided that I liked this one more than the new one. Better version of Maul, better figures, and I actually think the model is a tiny tiny bit better as well. Plus, I bought it brand new in box for cheaper than you can get the new one...

Also, I'm debating trying to pick up the UCS B-wing on eBay... Anyone have any good or bad reviews on it? Thoughts?

On 02/04/2017 at 6:54 AM, Juke said:

Just got the UCS Tie Fighter for my birthday

I had some reservation for this set but I finished building it today. It's extremly huge!

Definitly one of my favorite set, and a worthy UCS. 

7 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I had some reservation for this set but I finished building it today. It's extremly huge!

Same. I thought it looked pretty ugly, but then about a month back (edit: It was last christmas. Wow time flies) I found it for $200 and just had to get it. I was amazed at how big it actually was. I have it on display with the Slave I, R2-D2 and the Death Star and it dwarfs all of them.

Edited by Brikkyy13

I finally got Battle on Takodana for 45$ CAN + taxes from amazon. I wasn't going to pay nearly 90$ for this. 

After my small dark age, and still kinda in it since I haven't got the space for larger mocs, I got the Kashyyyk trooper battle pack, AT-AP, Palpatine's shuttle, two V-wings and the latest Clone Turbo tank to make a kashyyyk based moc somewhere in the future.

Got the helmet of Wes and Wedge from Assault on Hoth for a reasonable price. Not sure why would anyone pay 25 USD for a bundle of  Wes and Wedge minifigures.

My rebel forces were looking a bit low compared to my Imperials, so I picked up the new Rebel trooper pack. Also ordered a couple of Rebel fleet troopers from eBay that I found for a decent price

Just picked up Assault on Hoth (and classic Batman Batcave) @ 50% discount in Target Australia. I never had any intention of buying the set but at the equivalent of $150 USD it was too good to pass up. 

4 hours ago, Markalus said:

Just picked up Assault on Hoth (and classic Batman Batcave) @ 50% discount in Target Australia. I never had any intention of buying the set but at the equivalent of $150 USD it was too good to pass up. 

Is Assault on Hoth also at 50% discount? 

4 hours ago, makoy said:

Is Assault on Hoth also at 50% discount? 

Yes. In Australia.

3 hours ago, Markalus said:

Yes. In Australia.

And I thought the 30% discount last Christmas was already a steal. I'm predicting the same thing can happen in my region.

5 minutes ago, makoy said:

And I thought the 30% discount last Christmas was already a steal. I'm predicting the same thing can happen in my region.

The sales guy said they had 50 of them sitting in stock unsold for 6 months but almost all of them went in one day once the 50% discount was applied. I suspect heavy discounting of Assault on Hoth in  other regions will follow before it retires. For me personally, at that price, it makes a great parts pack to add to my custom Hoth MOC and the minifigs are a bonus.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2011 at 9:58 PM, hockeyboy89 said:

A 6011 Star Destroyer for 100.00 via eBay. Waiting for it to arrive. :wink:

I really like that one. When the 75055 came out, I ran to the store to get it too, but they were out and I settled with the AT-AT. I never got one in near me and it retired before I could get my hands on one. Glad I have the 6011 but I had hoped to have both (selfish me!)...

Finally got a 75028 for the Phase II Clone Trooper to complete a Trooper Evolution set.

BFmg1ezA42JrejxX2OQ004ZC4wSgqp3TJsdNF3H-

And a coupe of Sand Troopers to add for the droid search and Thi-sen who's at the cantina bar.

7RCOHAIW8aStN9qSDrZSCCzMs7RYl4D21ZO70qUE

I know he's hard to see, but it's this guy.

sw264.png

Edited by TK924

4 hours ago, TK924 said:

Finally got a 75028 for the Phase II Clone Trooper to complete a Trooper Evolution set.

Those Phase 1 clones and FO Stormie are knock-offs, bro.