KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

14 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

The U-Wing and Y-Wing Microfighters are indeed excellent!  i just got them in the mail today and built them right away.  :classic:  Is there a reason why you don't want the TIE Striker Microfighter, or do you already have it/hoping to buy it later?

Well the seller I ordered from said it was cheapest to put 3x in a packet with folded boxes, a 4th would not fit or I'd have to pay for an extra packet. So I ordered the 3 nicest ones to me, also I already have a Tie Striker pilot. But I think I'm going to order another batch, but not sure yet which I'll request in there, I might just buy a Tie Striker Microfighter in that one, but probs 1x U wing, 2x Y wing or so, not sure.

I just picked up a lot of 78 Star Wars sets. Many of them are still in the sealed baggies, never built! I listed many of them on bricklink as I either already have the set or I am using the $$ to offset the cost of this find. It was like Christmas the day I picked this lot up!

Set Name bricklink
10179-1 ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S MILLENNIUM FALCON 3600
10188-1 DEATH STAR 300
10143 DEATH STAR II 1200
10030-1 IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER 1350
10144-1 SANDCRAWLER 217
8098-1 CLONE TURBO TANK  
10178-1 *Motorized Walking AT-AT 337
7676-1 REPUBLIC ATTACK GUNSHIP 255
7754-1 HOME ONE MON CALAMARI STAR CRUISER  
7680-1 THE TWILIGHT 93
8038-1 THE BATTLE OF ENDOR  
7662-1 TRADE FEDERATION MTT  
6211-1 IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER  
10175-1 VADER'S TIE ADVANCED 510
9500-1 SITH FURY-CLASS INTERCEPTOR 93
10186-1 GENERAL GRIEVOUS 160
7665-1 REPUBLIC CRUISER 150
7675-1 AT-TE WALKER 150
8097-1 SLAVE I 105
10174-1 IMPERIAL AT-ST 385
7752-1 COUNT DOOKU'S SOLAR SAILER  
7674-1 V-19 TORRENT 67
8095-1 GENERAL GRIEVOUS' STARFIGHTER  
7659-1 IMPERIAL LANDING CRAFT  
6212-1 X-WING FIGHTER  
7679-1 REPUBLIC FIGHTER TANK 108
7661-1 JEDI STARFIGHTER WITH HYPERDRIVE BOOSTER RING 105
7666-1 HOTH REBEL BASE  
7672-1 ROGUE SHADOW 120
7673-1 MAGNAGUARD STARFIGHTER 45
7673-1 MAGNAGUARD STARFIGHTER  
7671-1 AT-AP WALKER 56
7869-1 *Battle for Geonosis 56
7658-1 Y-WING FIGHTER  
8091-1 REPUBLIC SWAMP SPEEDER  
7660-1 NABOO N-1 STARFIGHTER WITH VULTURE DROID  
7663-1 SITH INFILTRATOR  
7678-1 DROID GUNSHIP 52
7678-1 DROID GUNSHIP 52
7681-1 SEPARATIST SPIDER DROID  
8017-1 DARTH VADER'S TIE FIGHTER 80
7749-1 ECHO BASE  
7656-1 GENERAL GRIEVOUS STARFIGHTER  
7670-1 HAILFIRE DROID & SPIDER DROID 26
7670-1 HAILFIRE DROID & SPIDER DROID  
7669-1 ANAKIN'S JEDI STARFIGHTER  
6206-1 TIE INTERCEPTOR  
7657-1 AT-ST 63
7657-1 AT-ST  
7657-1 AT-ST  
7914-1 MANDALORIAN BATTLE PACK  
7913-1 CLONE TROOPER BATTLE PACK  
8014-1 CLONE WALKER BATTLE PACK  
7654-1 DROIDS BATTLE PACK  
7654-1 DROIDS BATTLE PACK  
6205-1 V-WING FIGHTER  
7667-1 IMPERIAL DROPSHIP 18
7667-1 IMPERIAL DROPSHIP  
7655-1 CLONE TROOPERS BATTLE PACK  
7668-1 REBEL SCOUT SPEEDER  
7668-1 REBEL SCOUT SPEEDER  
4491-1 MTT  
4492-1 STAR DESTROYER  
4493-1 SITH INFILTRATOR  
4495-1 AT-TE  
4494-1 IMPERIAL SHUTTLE  
4490-1 REPUBLIC GUNSHIP  
4489-1 AT-AT  
4488-1 MILLENNIUM FALCON  
8028-1 MINI TIE-FIGHTER 2
6966-1 JEDI STARFIGHTER 6
4485-1 SEBULBA'S PODRACER & ANAKIN'S PODRACER  
4484-1 X-WING FIGHTER & TIE ADVANCED  
4487-1 JEDI STARFIGHTER & SLAVE I  
4486-1 AT-ST & SNOWSPEEDER  

On 2/14/2017 at 3:28 PM, Follows Closely said:

I just picked up a lot of 78 Star Wars sets. Many of them are still in the sealed baggies, never built! I listed many of them on bricklink as I either already have the set or I am using the $$ to offset the cost of this find. It was like Christmas the day I picked this lot up!

Where did you "pick" them up from? :) 

I've been spending all my food money on sets while at uni. Picked up 7662 MTT, 75137 carbon chamber, 7661 Booster ring and 75132 First order battlepack. Picked all these up for a total cost of £130 / $160 / 150 euros.

Worth starving for I reckon.

5 hours ago, jamiejme said:

I've been spending all my food money on sets while at uni. Picked up 7662 MTT, 75137 carbon chamber, 7661 Booster ring and 75132 First order battlepack. Picked all these up for a total cost of £130 / $160 / 150 euros.

I don't know whether to laugh or be sad but "worth starving for I reckon" should be used by TLG for promotional purposes! 

12 hours ago, jamiejme said:

Very nice. I've been picking up some older sets as well. I plan on getting the 7662 MTT at some point. 

11 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

local craigslist post for $3,500USD

That's crazy cheap....lucky for some I suppose ;)

Today was the winter wave release in the US so I picked up the new Y-Wing and A-Wing.  I would have gotten the Desert Skiff and possibly the Landspeeder (mostly for another Tusken Raider) but they were nowhere to be found.  Toys R Us has most everything else - Microfighters, Yoda's Starfighter, Duel on Naboo, Phantom II, Battle on Scariff.  I don't remember reading that those two sets were exclusives, but neither are listed on TRUs website, and nothing is up on Target yet.

2 hours ago, Bley Harvest said:

Today was the winter wave release in the US so I picked up the new Y-Wing and A-Wing.  I would have gotten the Desert Skiff and possibly the Landspeeder (mostly for another Tusken Raider) but they were nowhere to be found.  Toys R Us has most everything else - Microfighters, Yoda's Starfighter, Duel on Naboo, Phantom II, Battle on Scariff.  I don't remember reading that those two sets were exclusives, but neither are listed on TRUs website, and nothing is up on Target yet.

YES, finally the North American release date!  Although apparently both my local Toys R Us and Target had the sets out for a few days and I didn't realize it.  Anyway, I bought the much-anticipated Y-Wing, and I can't wait to build it this weekend.  :sweet:

14 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

K2SO build-able figure for only $8 USD! Great bargain!

That is a steal.  I personally dislike all of the buildable figures, but I would be tempted by that price.  K2SO is probably the best of the bunch, because he's supposed to look mechanical.  :wink:

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

That is a steal.  I personally dislike all of the buildable figures, but I would be tempted by that price.  K2SO is probably the best of the bunch, because he's supposed to look mechanical.  :wink:

I haven't been collecting to many of the Star Wars buildable figures (I was into Bionicle during both of its production runs, but those sets were a lot cheaper than the Star Wars ones are); but when I see a good deal I pick up the Star Wars ones. $8 Was an absolute steal! The only other Star Wars figure I own is General Grievous who as a mechanical character also looks great in the medium. From what I have seen the troopers and masked figures don't look half bad either. In particular the Speeder Bike set coming out later this year looks to be the highlight of the Star Wars Buildable Figure line.

Picked up a used SSD 10221 today... little dusty, without box/instructions, but with all the figures and at the original price of 400€... very happy, and right in the middle of dismanteling it right now for cleaning and storing.

Edited by H_Solo
spelling

On 2/17/2017 at 1:26 PM, Bley Harvest said:

The skiff and landspeeder are retail exclusives, so that's why you couldn't find them. Landspeeder is Walmart exclusive and not sure about skiff. 

2 hours ago, joeyl19 said:

The skiff and landspeeder are retail exclusives, so that's why you couldn't find them. Landspeeder is Walmart exclusive and not sure about skiff. 

Is the A-Wing a TRU exclusive?  On LEGO Shop.com, it's back-ordered until March 28!  I mean, I saw the set at Toys R Us when I was there two days ago, but I haven't seen it anywhere else.  :wacko:

The 17th was a big day in the US! 

I picked up the following:

-All 4 of the new microfighters

-4x Imperial battle packs

-Rebel battle pack

-Phantom

-A-Wing

-Desert Skiff

-Luke's Landspeeder

-Clone Turbo tank

-Scarif Bunker Set

-Y-Wing

4 hours ago, jhaelego said:

The 17th was a big day in the US! 

I picked up the following:

[...]

So, basically every new set.  :grin:  I'm definitely jealous, but I wish you happy building!  I think I'll buy the Battle on Scarif next, probably this coming Friday or Saturday.  

I still marvel at some of the hauls you guys just casually seem to pick up :grin:

Anywho, as I was feeling particularly down in the last few weeks, I couldn't resist (hah) picking up a Resistance X-wing.

I am a hypocrite, since I lashed out multiple times over the inaccuracy of this set, but I just had to feed the addiction, and it will definitely be modified in the future.  

TRU is already having 20% off sales including new sets withough higher MSRP.

tempting to get Y-wing...but might wait for a while. 

Somewhat reason, Target priced new 75165 battle pack for $9.99 so I might get one today ^_^

53 minutes ago, Kimguroo said:

TRU is already having 20% off sales including new sets withough higher MSRP.

tempting to get Y-wing...but might wait for a while. 

Somewhat reason, Target priced new 75165 battle pack for $9.99 so I might get one today ^_^

TRU initial prices are already inflated. Your best bet is amazon for discounts.