KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

For Christmas I got: 75158, 75156, 75154, 75119, 75120, 75121, 75175, 75168, the U-wing and the newest Y-wing. Quite happy with them :)

1 hour ago, Jockos said:

For Christmas I got: 75158, 75156, 75154, 75119, 75120, 75121, 75175, 75168, the U-wing and the newest Y-wing. Quite happy with them :)

God I feel bad for whoever's wallet paid for all that. Great bounty :laugh:

Not a purchase, but I got Droid Escape Pod for Christmas.  Nice set, despite the huge stickers (grrr).  My first figures of Threepio, Artoo, and Jawas.

4 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

God I feel bad for whoever's wallet paid for all that. Great bounty :laugh:

Thanks. I thought the same :laugh:

I've just ordered 75096 Sith Infiltrator from Shop at Home.  I refused to pay the RRP for it as a matter of principle (£84.99) but it's currently on sale at 30% off, plus the double VIP points and free A-Wing Pilot made me feel even less guilty about it!  I've spent virtually nothing this year on my personal collection, but I'm hoping that 2017 will be far more interesting.... a couple of decent UCS sets would be a great way to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Episode IV :classic:

I had a few sets this year, Krennic's Shuttle, TIE Advanced Prototype (Inquisitor set), the Eclipse Fighter, Takodana and also one of the old planet sets, Bespin. I always like little builds like that - the Cloud Car is neat, the planet itself is a nice mould and the minifigure in this case is pretty awesome; it's the only flesh-coloured Lobot (there's the old one but he has the yellow head) out there. I would've thought they'd have thrown a Wing Guard in there, but it's really great to get Lobot. Now they just need to re-release a Cloud City set so we can have an ESB Lando (grrrr) to go with him :grin:

Got the UCS Sandcrawler and I used the LEGO gift cards I received to get Krennic's Shuttle along with a large Ninjago set from the LEGO Shop website.  I'll wait a little longer to get the U-Wing.

On 12/22/2016 at 5:09 PM, xboxtravis7992 said:

Smiths Marketplace; Salt Lake City, Utah. I don't know if the same price is at other Smiths in the nation, but it should be worth checking out.

I use to live in Ogden and work in SLC.  They don't have Smith's on the other side of the country where I live now.

Edited by JPN366

Waiting on two First Order Transports to arrive in the mail. Got a great price but had to wait for it to get back in stock and then standard shipping.... the wait is killing me

I picked up the U-Wing and finally built it yesterday along with Krennic's Shuttle from earlier. Now I hope to get the AT-ST and Hovertank in the future to complete the main cast of Rogue One!

Got 76163 and 75165. One of each for the moment though I think I will need more as that pilot in flight officer garb is great to have and of course who can say no to storm troopers?

Also the new stormies are identical to the one in the Advent Calendar. Though in creamy white when compared to their battle scarred Galactic Empire BP brethren. 

31780763512_bfd0c3f058.jpgPC282603 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

31780763762_7d96e3456b.jpgPC282605 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

31811620961_748d6f7845.jpgPC282630 by Macster Tome, on Flickr

I picked up a second 75135 Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor for $16 and decided to do a color swap. I Bricklinked the dark blue pieces for about $9 shipped so it came out to $25 total. I'm really happy with the result. I slightly modified the droid slot by copying the side that doesn't have the droid and I also raised it up one plate so that it looks better with just a droid dome. I still need to get the R4-G9 dome that came with 7661 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring. 

31928824395_426fe080dd_h.jpg

31089000814_b14695e3d2_h.jpg

31089005934_4aba1e2139_h.jpg

That looks really nice, especially the stickers! Did you carefully cut off the red parts or did you print your own? I would really appreciate  if you shared how you got such a great result, with those, I've been thinking of doing the same thing until a rerelease of 7661 comes out (probably not with the ring though)

I forgot to mention that. I very very carefully cut out the red parts from the stickers using scissors. I was only planning on using the grille stickers but decided to give the other stickers a try as I was building it. 

1 hour ago, jdm44 said:

I forgot to mention that. I very very carefully cut out the red parts from the stickers using scissors. I was only planning on using the grille stickers but decided to give the other stickers a try as I was building it. 

You did a really excellent job then. It looks just like it came off a TLG sticker sheet. Those grey parts on the s-foils really add to the look of the ship's colours (it's a shame about the tan parts that Lego added on their original design though. Those bits are clearly supposed to be white!)

Edited by atlas

Haven't bought anything for a few months, Kind of feeling a bit priced out with these last couple of waves. The U Wing has intrigued me since the first images though, so I picked up 75155 yesterday and wow, what a ship ! Absolutely love it. Sleek, looks perfectly 'Star Wars'. Lovely detailing, and I was surprised by the 'glass floor' for the pilot.. great little detail 

Got a couple of I'm assuming end of line deals with Tie vs A wing at £53 from Toys R Us and the First Order Snowspeeder at £24 from Argos. 

Both are sets that id struggle to justify (mostly to my wife) at full price but with the deals I felt they were value for money. The Snowspeeder took a surprisingly long time to build for the size of it. Very pleased! 

13 hours ago, Duck said:

Got a couple of I'm assuming end of line deals with Tie vs A wing at £53 from Toys R Us and the First Order Snowspeeder at £24 from Argos. 

Both are sets that id struggle to justify (mostly to my wife) at full price but with the deals I felt they were value for money. The Snowspeeder took a surprisingly long time to build for the size of it. Very pleased! 

Lol yeah. It's easier to justify prices to ourselves than to a non-lego-loving spouse :laugh:

Just bought the Imperial trooper battle pack. This is just one set... But I will get more when this goes in sale.

75171, 75152, 75164 and 75165. The minifigs in those sets look great, the builds in the battlepacks are a bit meh, but i didn't buy those for the build. The battle on Scarif is a nice set, awesome figs, cool build. Bit dissapointed with the hovertank, The figs are, again, awesome, but the build is quite boring and repetitive. Although the end result looks quite good, I don't really like it. Overall I'm very happy with the figs and the Scarif base. Rest is a bit meh.