KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Just got an email from eBay for 10 off 50 so I searched for 75150 the tie advanced awing. Found it for 69 brand new sealed with free shipping. Applied the coupon so it was 59 out the door. Pretty happy to be getting it at that price.

Just got an email from eBay for 10 off 50 so I searched for 75150 the tie advanced awing. Found it for 69 brand new sealed with free shipping. Applied the coupon so it was 59 out the door. Pretty happy to be getting it at that price.

That's a very good price indeed. I would pick it up too, but in Switzerland it sells for around 120 CHF, which is a bit more than 120$, that's just too much for it...

Picked up Rebel Alliance Battle Pack, Galactic Empire Battle Pack, The Ghost (micro fighter) at Target.

Bricklink scores: Droid Escape Pod, Snowspeeder (with bonus Tauntaun), Mos Eisley Cantina (sans minifigs) to add on to my complete one.

It's going to be hard to resist the Rogue One sets at the end of the month!

Edited by nzemek

Flash Speeder - at a great price on Amazon (I think I got very lucky), and the Force Awakens Millennium Falcon at $40 off. I had been eyeing it up for months, and decided to bite the bullet and go ahead and get it, for two reasons. Reason #1 Build it with my six-year old son, who loves the Falcon, and 2# Use it as part of a large Mos Eisley spaceport diorama that I really want to build. Tan baseplates galore, tan and dark brown bricks, slopes, plates, and arches, and bits to make Moisture Vaporators - all from a few Bricklink hauls. I'm looking forward to some building!

75105 Millenium Falcon

Ghost Microfighter

Darth Vaders TIE Advanced VS A-Wing

Kanan's Speederbike

2017 Annual with Ezra and Chopper (bargain for €8 with free delivery)

I've been buying a crap ton of minifigures lately.

75146: Star Wars Advent Calendar

75125: Resistance X-wing Fighter

75034: Death Star Troopers

30605: Finn (FN-2187)

Admiral Yularen

General Rieekan

X-wing Pilot from 75032

LEGO Star Wars: Chronicles of the Force

LEGO Star Wars: Build Your Own Adventure

Use the Force! (LEGO Star Wars: Activity Book with minifigure)

Picked up 75149 from Costco for $100 (AUD. RRP is $140). Turns out, buy Lego from Costco, where possible. You'd never see a 30% off sale on Lego here, ever (and I can't say I've ever seen a clearance sale in my life. For anything, let alone Lego). They do have a pretty pathetic selection though (as in, single digits).

They also had the spiderman bridge battle for $130 (RRP $170). Which I just bought a few weeks ago for RRP. That hurt...

Edited by Magmafrost

Need some help deciding on my next purchase. I can only do one of these options with what I have left in my 2016 budget. Everything else will have to wait for next year or Christmas gifts.

Should I go for 75150 Vader's Tie Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter. I don't have any iteration of either ship and they're both favorites (Vader's Tie is obviously a must have for the collection).

or

Should I wait till the end of the month and binge on the new Rogue One sets? I'm thinking I'd either star with the Hover Tank + AT-ST or Krennic's shuttle.

Thanks for the help!

Need some help deciding on my next purchase. I can only do one of these options with what I have left in my 2016 budget. Everything else will have to wait for next year or Christmas gifts.

Should I go for 75150 Vader's Tie Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter. I don't have any iteration of either ship and they're both favorites (Vader's Tie is obviously a must have for the collection).

or

Should I wait till the end of the month and binge on the new Rogue One sets? I'm thinking I'd either star with the Hover Tank + AT-ST or Krennic's shuttle.

Thanks for the help!

I'd say go ahead and get the A-Wing vs. TIE Advanced. If you are in the US, it's on sale on Walmart.com for 20% off and they will match prices in store or you can do store pickup if you purchase online if you want to save on shipping. I have it and built it. It's a fun build and there are some interesting techniques used. The black pieces that go on the inside of the TIE wings go together almost like a puzzle to create the shape. If you wait until Christmas for the Rogue One sets, you'll know which ones have issues or which ones need modifications ahead of time.

Picked up 75112 general grievous set. Wanted it for a while and amazon had it for $22 which 33% lower than Lego so I couldn't resist.

Edited by Bbafett

Out of interest what's the best way to build up a little army of Storm Troopers?

I'm thinking Imperial Troop Transport 75078, but if anyone has a better suggestion I'm all ears :)

file:///Users/nicholaszemek/Desktop/Unknown.jpeg

Out of interest what's the best way to build up a little army of Storm Troopers?

I'm thinking Imperial Troop Transport 75078, but if anyone has a better suggestion I'm all ears :)

I would say the Imperial Troop Transport 75078 is absolutely the best way to go as long as you don't mind the following:

•Slightly stylized printing on the helmet (the mouth "slit" doesn't quite match up with the mold, brighter blue on helmet, bolder black printing for goggles, etc.)

•Stud-shooters instead of standard blaster part

Left trooper-from set 75078

Right trooper-standard 2015 model

post-160165-0-46206900-1473901125_thumb.jpg

Walmart shows that set on sale for $10.25 right now (in the US), so it'd be hard to beat that for 4 troopers.

Edited by nzemek

Thanks mate, thanks for the reply.

Yeah the trooper from 75078 isn't ideal but hey, beggars can't be choosers right.

Unfortunately I live in Australia and it's a difficult set to find here, I'll keep my eye out though.

I just bought an AT-DP online. This set is really hard to get. Almost sold out.

The next one will be the new AT-ST which isn't available yet.

Picked up 75149 from Costco for $100 (AUD. RRP is $140). Turns out, buy Lego from Costco, where possible. You'd never see a 30% off sale on Lego here, ever (and I can't say I've ever seen a clearance sale in my life. For anything, let alone Lego). They do have a pretty pathetic selection though (as in, single digits).

They also had the spiderman bridge battle for $130 (RRP $170). Which I just bought a few weeks ago for RRP. That hurt...

Costco now stock Lego in Oz? Man, I might have to rejoin!

I'd say go ahead and get the A-Wing vs. TIE Advanced. If you are in the US, it's on sale on Walmart.com for 20% off and they will match prices in store or you can do store pickup if you purchase online if you want to save on shipping. I have it and built it. It's a fun build and there are some interesting techniques used. The black pieces that go on the inside of the TIE wings go together almost like a puzzle to create the shape. If you wait until Christmas for the Rogue One sets, you'll know which ones have issues or which ones need modifications ahead of time.

Brilliant. Thanks for the thoughts. I had only seen that 20% off sale on Amazon Prime, I may head over to Walmart today to pick up the set. Thanks again!

Picked up 75112 general grievous set. Wanted it for a while and amazon had it for $22 which 33% lower than Lego so I couldn't resist.

This one particular Walmart near my work had it for $9, and for a long period of time too. So I bought it without hesitation at that price back in June.

I just bought an AT-DP online. This set is really hard to get. Almost sold out.

The next one will be the new AT-ST which isn't available yet.

I bought one last year and scavenged and ordered parts and stickers to build a second one a few months ago. It's sold out completely everywhere in the US, so that was my only option to have a second one.

Brilliant. Thanks for the thoughts. I had only seen that 20% off sale on Amazon Prime, I may head over to Walmart today to pick up the set. Thanks again!

Cheers! I got it at the end of June and paid full price. Make sure to have the product page pulled up on your phone or if you have the Walmart app, look it up on there. That way the cashier can match the online price. I would recommend to everyone to have the Walmart app on your phone. You can set it to look at specific stores and sometimes you can find huge deals at certain locations. I have mine set to look at the Walmart near my work and for some reason, they slash the prices deep on LEGO sets periodically. They had a huge clearance on FA sets and buildable figures a few weeks ago, 50% off or more. Also the Target, Toys R Us and the Amazon apps are useful if you check them frequently for deals.

You guys should all wait for the next Empire battlepack, it has proper OT stormies in it ( 2 ) and will save you a bundle of $$$.

Especially Chupacabra! ( How many of them do you have right now?? Hahaha )

You guys should all wait for the next Empire battlepack, it has proper OT stormies in it ( 2 ) and will save you a bundle of $$$.

That's good news! I haven't seen any details released on that set yet. Do you know what the other 2 minifigs will be?

Anyone picking up 75159 Death Star today.

I swore I wouldn't go near it, but now that it's actually available to buy my resistance is waning.

Then I just remember the $500 price tag and I'm good.

That's good news! I haven't seen any details released on that set yet. Do you know what the other 2 minifigs will be?

From the looks of it Death Troopers.

And nah I'm good without the Death Star, especially with double VIP next month, one must be very impatient to get this that early! Or making a review of it. I'll just bricklink Tarkin and the officers if they are "affordable".

Yes, I know about it, But I want more :wink: With recent buy I have 65 :grin:

Edited by La Chupacabra