KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I just ordered the sandcrawler some days ago. The really bad thing its a present and not for me :-(

Tell him it never arrived and give him a card. :devil:

One of fhe wealthy areas of my region had a large yardsale fest. This mom made her son sell a large portion of his lego collection. I ended up haggling for a bucket of random stuff for $10.

In the bucket I ended up getting the last two tank droid sets including Jango Fett. Things get better. There was also the x- wing microfighter and the old republic sith vs republic battle pack. For $10 that was not a bad haul.

One of fhe wealthy areas of my region had a large yardsale fest. This mom made her son sell a large portion of his lego collection. I ended up haggling for a bucket of random stuff for $10.

In the bucket I ended up getting the last two tank droid sets including Jango Fett. Things get better. There was also the x- wing microfighter and the old republic sith vs republic battle pack. For $10 that was not a bad haul.

That's pretty nice!

Finally got a FO Transporter and 2 more FO Battle Packs. Now just waiting on my blasters to come in and they'll all be set.

I went to a big yard sale yesterday in the afternoon but there was no Lego there. I should have gone earlier..

With no hope for any more LOTR or Hobbit Lego sets i have decided to switch to Star Wars. Since i like the Clone Wars era the most my first two sets to buy were: 75021 Republic Gunship & 8039 Venator class Republic attack cruiser.

(...) This mom made her son sell a large portion of his lego collection. (...)

Horrible thing to do if it was not a crisis situation. :cry_sad:

It happens. I think if I hadn't been such an unruly child when it came to legos this would have happened to me!

Edited by blueshift12

Oh gosh don't make me think about it! :(

Then again, who knows how old the kid was? If he's a teenager who lost interest in Lego, maybe his mom viewed it as clutter. Glad though a serious FOL was able to buy the collection instead of it being lost in random places.

Then again, who knows how old the kid was? If he's a teenager who lost interest in Lego, maybe his mom viewed it as clutter. Glad though a serious FOL was able to buy the collection instead of it being lost in random places.

Just thinking about the Lego collections that have been needlessly thrown away makes me tear up.... :cry_sad:

His mom made it sound like this was only a small part of his collection, still though that must have sucked. The bucket was probably $300 worth of legos, there were a couple $100 city and space sets which will prove very useful in MOCing. As I was buying the bucket though I was going to give the money to his mom. She shook her head and told me to give it to him. The kid was right there watching me root through his stuff :look: Here's the thing he was probably around 12 or 13. I couldn't imagine how i'd feel if I were him.

I had only brought $30 foolishly. He had other sets bagged at a third of their original price including a whole bunch of Pirates of the Caribbean. I think I got all of the Star Wars. I don't feel completely guilty because somebody was going to buy them, and at least I know I can attempt to make some pretty good MOCs out of them.

Edited by Forresto

Not for the kid

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Kind of funny to hear it like that, but I feel kind of bad for the kid (unless he wanted to sell them).

Edited by Kman860

This isn't a purchase but I found one of my Indiana Jones minifigures wearing a smooth hair Princess Leia hair bun. So im really happy!

This isn't a purchase but I found one of my Indiana Jones minifigures wearing a smooth hair Princess Leia hair bun. So im really happy!

Was it Indy because that would be a funny sight?

I went in to buy Rey's Speeder.. It was OOS, so I thought I would impulse buy a few microfighters for the minifigs..

Ended up buying Mega Bloks Halo Heroes Master Chief and Mega Bloks Halo Gungoose.

I went in to buy Rey's Speeder.. It was OOS, so I thought I would impulse buy a few microfighters for the minifigs..

Ended up buying Mega Bloks Halo Heroes Master Chief and Mega Bloks Halo Gungoose.

Shun this man. (just kidding own a few startrek off brands my self.)