KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Question, my local target still has a couple Tie Advance Prototype sets. Is it worth it? I've been on the fence cause I'm not a fan of the pilot or the ship (that at least I can use for parts) but I do want the Inquisitor and Dark Tan Officer.

Go for it! I'm a little biased, since I have two copies of the set and love it almost unconditionally. The only "useless" part of the set is the TIE pilot. Fig-wise, the officer and Inquisitor are awesome (obviously). Parts-wise, the set is very useful for Star Wars MOCs. The absolute highlight of the set (for me) are the new TIE cockpit dishes. The sticker sheet is nice, useful for Star Wars MOCs. And if you want to build it, it's very swooshable. So yes, get yourself a copy (or two)! :sweet:

It looks like it's on sale at Target.com: http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-tie-advanced-prototype-75082/-/A-16752353?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Toys%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Toys_Top+Performers&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9029030&gclid=CjwKEAjwlq24BRDMjdK7g8mD6BASJABBl8n3-2Xpa5jteo8WITXYqiNO_pzERvmV3QmuSQ4lIwbNfxoCxFHw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds with free shipping or in-store pickup! It might be on sale in the physical stores as well, but I don't know.

Picked up First Order Transport 75103 for $70 instead of $90 at Walmart due to them having the price wrong on the shelf. Scanned at $90 at the register but I showed them a picture of it on the shelf with the price tag and they overrode the price. Wasn't expecting to see that price on it so I snatched it up.

Looking forward to May the 4th so I can get 75060,75104, and possibly 75105.

Picked up the Rebel Alliance Battlepack... still haven't built the bike, but the figures are fun! Looking forward to getting a couple more in the coming months.

Picked up First Order Transport 75103 for $70 instead of $90 at Walmart due to them having the price wrong on the shelf. Scanned at $90 at the register but I showed them a picture of it on the shelf with the price tag and they overrode the price. Wasn't expecting to see that price on it so I snatched it up.

Looking forward to May the 4th so I can get 75060,75104, and possibly 75105.

The assault on hoth isn't on your wishlist??? :tongue:

Picked up the Rebel Alliance Battlepack... still haven't built the bike, but the figures are fun! Looking forward to getting a couple more in the coming months.

That is such a good battle pack! So many good prints and lots of useful pieces, not to mention the torsos and leg prints can be used for any other LEGO combat setting! I want even more copies of this set!

I purchased the Droid Escape Pod (75136), which i really liked! It has clever use of bricks, and nice minifigs!

Not purchased yet, but the next two sets will be the TFA X-Wing (because the UCS version is sold out) and that AT-TE from Rebels (seen about a week ago on TV) ...

Picked up a couple of Takodana sets a few weeks back when they were on sale at Amazon. Also pre-ordered the 5 sets Amazon (UK) are listing so far from the new line.

Finally got down to getting some SW sets besides the huge 75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ that I collected at the same time:

1. 1x 75040: General Grievous Wheel-Bike, just for GG minifig

2. 3x 75137: Carbon Freezing Chamber w/o minifigs so that I can build a complete Chamber!

Happy days!

why don't you just keep the FO BP's, open a few and then sell a bunch a few years from now? At one point you may not be working for Lego Retail anymore so will it matter once that happens if you sell or not? Battle packs especially go up in price and while we criticize it now for having a weird minifiugre selection, it's perfect for building up a well rounded FO army.

why don't you just keep the FO BP's, open a few and then sell a bunch a few years from now? At one point you may not be working for Lego Retail anymore so will it matter once that happens if you sell or not? Battle packs especially go up in price and while we criticize it now for having a weird minifiugre selection, it's perfect for building up a well rounded FO army.

I'm assuming you're talking to me. Whenever I leave Lego Retail(presumably once I finish school), there's nothing they could do to stop me from selling stuff if I decided to. As it stands though, Lego is my most expensive hobby, and I would only need extra money to buy more Lego. As such, I find the FO battle pack valuable enough that I'd want to keep all of the ones I have. I actually want to do a Starkiller base MOC at some point down the line, which is why I'm loading up on them right now. I want to collect at least 200 FO stormtroopers. I have around 65 right now.

Today the solid gold C-3PO arrived. It is number 4 of 5 in existance and I am very happy to have it :)

Now that is pretty wizard.

Got Kanan's Speeder Bike. Great minifigures and parts, especially blasters for all those tired of the stud-shooters, and a good price too :classic:

Go for it! I'm a little biased, since I have two copies of the set and love it almost unconditionally. The only "useless" part of the set is the TIE pilot. Fig-wise, the officer and Inquisitor are awesome (obviously). Parts-wise, the set is very useful for Star Wars MOCs. The absolute highlight of the set (for me) are the new TIE cockpit dishes. The sticker sheet is nice, useful for Star Wars MOCs. And if you want to build it, it's very swooshable. So yes, get yourself a copy (or two)! :sweet:

It looks like it's on sale at Target.com: http://www.target.co...cB&gclsrc=aw.ds with free shipping or in-store pickup! It might be on sale in the physical stores as well, but I don't know.

I was thinking about getting that on sale. I'm not keen on the officer, but I don't have any TIE Pilots yet so that's a plus point.

Went on a binge today. Got Kanans speeder, hoth assault, spider droid, FO bp, and rebel bp

I picked up Kannan's speeder today as well, for some reason my Target had it on clearance for $10!!!???!!!

Great deal! Maybe not selling well? Either way, even though I have it. I'm jealous you found it for so cheap

Binged as well.

Got The Battle on Takodana, First Order Battlepack x3 and the C3-P0 Polybag.

Finally able to set up something of a scene for the Resistance Transport and Resistance BPx5 I got earlier heh heh.

In the last month I've picked up:

75136: Droid Escape Pod

75041: Vulture Droid

10240: Red Five X-wing Starfighter (NIB for $200 on Craigslist!)

9500: Sith Fury-class Interceptor (Bricklinked)

10175: Vader's TIE Advanced (Bricklinked)

In the last month I've picked up:

75136: Droid Escape Pod

75041: Vulture Droid

10240: Red Five X-wing Starfighter (NIB for $200 on Craigslist!)

9500: Sith Fury-class Interceptor (Bricklinked)

10175: Vader's TIE Advanced (Bricklinked)

nice grab on the CL red five!