KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Rough, man. Like, that really is rough! :cry_sad: My TRU is charging either $4.99 or $5.99 for C-3PO. And on the Stormtrooper poly, did you go talk to the employees at the customer service desk? That's how I've gotten those "with purchase" polybags in the past.

Yeah, I spoke with someone at the customer service desk. She is the one who told me they ran out the day before. To be honest, didn't check to see if I could purchase the stormtroopers separately, due to they had run out, anyways. Just going by the numerous signs plastered all over the LEGO sets about getting a free stormtrooper if you purchase a LEGO set for $30 or more.

But only $4.99 or $5,99 at your TRU for C-3PO? Lucky you! I ended up buying two of them.

Maybe I will check another TRU tonight, depending on how much time I have.

Yeah, I spoke with someone at the customer service desk.

OK, good. I'm just baffled by the disparity of quantity between the Stormtrooper and C-3PO. I thought a unique C-3PO would be more exclusive than a more or less generic stormtrooper, but I guess not. I mean, the C-3PO required a $40 or more Lego Star Wars purchase, the Stormtrooper $30 Lego purchase or more. Maybe more people bought Lego worth $30? It is that time of year, I guess...

Edited by Junior Shark

OK, good. I'm just baffled by the disparity of quantity between the Stormtrooper and C-3PO. I thought a unique C-3PO would be more exclusive than a more or less generic stormtrooper, but I guess not. I mean, the C-3PO required a $40 or more Lego Star Wars purchase, the Stormtrooper $30 Lego purchase or more. Maybe more people bought Lego worth $30? It is that time of year, I guess...

I think, like I mentioned above, you can never have too many stormtroopers. Where with C-3PO, he is, as you said, a unique character. What are you going to do with multiple C-3POs? I am sure there are those who will find uses for multiple of them, but stormtroopers would be much more useful in having a quantity of them.

I think, like I mentioned above, you can never have too many stormtroopers. Where with C-3PO, he is, as you said, a unique character. What are you going to do with multiple C-3POs? I am sure there are those who will find uses for multiple of them, but stormtroopers would be much more useful in having a quantity of them.

Yeah, you're right. I'm just salty about not getting a chance to have my own squad of white-pauldroned stormtroopers, like in the Star Wars Rebels episode "Fire Across the Galaxy".

Went into Toy Planet in Derby today and they had the new sets so I picked up;

- The Resistance Battle Pack

- The First Order Battle Pack

- Captain Phasma Constraction Figure

- Kylo Ren Constraction Figure

Just purchased 5 new Star Wars sets that we're due to be released for 2016. The first order battle packs and rebel battle packs for TFA were reasonably priced for the mini figures alone; and then I decided to get 3 £20 sets (wasn't too fussed about the fourth one being Obi Wan's Jedi Interceptor 75135). 75136:Droid Escape Pod, 75137:Carbon Freezing Chamber and 75138:Hoth Attack made their way home along with a free C3PO polybag and a gingerbread house/advent calendar. Episode VII turned out to be a delight so all in all today was a very good day for my inner Star Wars fan. :classic:

Just purchased 5 new Star Wars sets that we're due to be released for 2016. The first order battle packs and rebel battle packs for TFA were reasonably priced for the mini figures alone; and then I decided to get 3 £20 sets (wasn't too fussed about the fourth one being Obi Wan's Jedi Interceptor 75135). 75136:Droid Escape Pod, 75137:Carbon Freezing Chamber and 75138:Hoth Attack made their way home along with a free C3PO polybag and a gingerbread house/advent calendar. Episode VII turned out to be a delight so all in all today was a very good day for my inner Star Wars fan. :classic:

Was this at ToysRUs, Kez? :)

Suck it UK! Colorado Springs, Colorado: TFA BPs @ Target & Battlefront BPs @ Walmart. This, plus two showings of TFA in one day? *Maniacal Cackling :devil: *

23540416310_f05fe4d245_n.jpgimage1 by Junior Shark, on Flickr

Edited by Junior Shark

Picked up Kylo Ren buildable figure and the snowspeeder microfighter in Australia today. $35 for Ren and $15 microfighter.

Nice! Where in Australia?

... How ... Are ... These ... Rumors ...

If you can't afford the set: get off the internet and make more money.

TLG isn't going to listen to a small handful of ppl complaining about lowering the price by $15. Do you know why? Because you aren't the target market for that set...

Dude i made 98k USD this year, im not going to pay for a kit if there is not enough bricks in the pack. Every one of the force awakens kits are to high priced. this is coming from a guy that dont mind buying his son and himself a nice lego set

Edited by lanesteele240

Dude i made 98k USD this year, im not going to pay for a kit if there is not enough bricks in the pack. Every one of the force awakens kits are to high priced. this is coming from a guy that dont mind buying his son and himself a nice lego set

That is after tax? That's not too bad. Luckily you don't have a daughter who likes Barbie. Same figure in every set

Was this at ToysRUs, Kez? :)

No, it was from the Lego store in Leeds, they had all the new Star Wars sets for 2016. :classic:

Sort of accidently bought the 75105 Millennium Falcon yesterday after I saw The Force Awakens. As I am a super hero collector that's pretty strange :D

So after a week in the UK I've picked up 3 FO battle packs, 2 Microfighter FO Snowspeeders, 1 Microfighter Resistance X-Wing, 2 Resistance battle packs, and I know my wife has got me the TFA Falcon for Christmas. Oh, and then I ordered 3 Imperial and 2 Rebellion Battlefront battle packs, Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor, the Droid Escape and the new Hoth set from Amazon (cheaper to ship back to HK than to get delivered in the UK, so they'll arrive about a week into January). Still planning to pick up 1 more Rebellion BP, Kanan's Speeder, the two new TFA sets and the Carbon Freezing Chamber if possible before I leave on NYE.

The Millennium Falcon and the First Order battle pack.

Is anyone else really annoyed at the cockpit for the Falcon? I can't get the front bit to stay on!

No, it was from the Lego store in Leeds, they had all the new Star Wars sets for 2016. :classic:

There's hardly any star wars Lego left in the Leeds shop now, certainly none of the 2016 sets. Was gonna get the Hoth Attack this lunch time but they're long gone. If you want Kylo's shuttle or the FO Transport at full rrp you'll be ok though.

Edited by belkor

I built the shuttle Tydirium yesterday; the new 2015 version. I've always been a big fan of this strange design, even though I'm not much of a Star Wars fan overall.

I have to say: it's quite a fun build! The bags are just the right size and diversity to keep it interesting, even though you're mostly working with white here. Love the end result too; looks great despite being a relatively smaller build for the size of ship it represents.

I actually ordered it online friday, after seeing my local LEGO retailer was out of stock. I visited them friday and it looked like a giant horde had picked everything clean - nothing much in stock except for the 2016 police city stuff...