KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

@Junior Shark: Try the customer service desk, that's where I always get polybags.

Yeah, that's what I tried, but they only had a Hulk polybag for me. They're like, "Is this what you're looking for?" No, I asked for a Stormtrooper polybag. :hmpf_bad:

Yeah, that's what I tried, but they only had a Hulk polybag for me. They're like, "Is this what you're looking for?" No, I asked for a Stormtrooper polybag. :hmpf_bad:

Have you ever been to Home Depot?

Finally picked up 75090 Ezra's Speeder Bike. After purchasing the Ghost and Phantom on release I finally have the full crew :laugh: - I always put off buying this set for one fig but finally gave in since I wanted Sabine so bad

So it appears everything is going to have "Disney" from 2016 on. Grateful to them in regards to Star Wars, but really wish we didn't have the name plastered on the boxes. In the end, I guess it's not too big an issue, at least it's relatively small text.

So it appears everything is going to have "Disney" from 2016 on. Grateful to them in regards to Star Wars, but really wish we didn't have the name plastered on the boxes. In the end, I guess it's not too big an issue, at least it's relatively small text.

2015 sets have disney logo already. Only ucs slave I and 4 early microfighter sets are without it - all other sets/polibags have disney logo on the front of the box.

Back on topic.

My news sets:

75084 wookie. Gunship on 30%+10% sale ( love it excelent set and figs)

75040 General Grievous' Wheel Bike on 30% sale

4 x 75035 battlepacks on 50% sale

4 x 75036 battle packs on 50% sale

2 x 75088 senat commando battlepacks on 30% sale

2 x 75078 imperial TT battlepack on 20% sale

1 x 75089 geonosis battlepack on 10% sale

+ 40 SW minifigs on bricklink...but I'm too lazy to write all down....

Edited by Davor

2015 sets have disney logo already. Only ucs slave I and 4 early microfighter sets are without it - all other sets/polibags have disney logo on thefron of the box.

Ok. Well, I haven't bought any sets from 2015 yet (or any polybags), so I wasn't aware of that. :classic:

Like I said, it's not that big of text (fortunately), so not a big deal in the end.

Edit: Scratch that, I did buy Final Duel, but it was less noticeable with that.

Edited by Hobbun

Jedi Interceptor, was lucky to find it at a local store even thought it is discontinued.

Kashyyk Troops, also from the same store.

and some other battle packs...

Have you ever been to Home Depot?

For Lego? Or are you saying the staff there is extremely unhelpful as well? I wouldn't know, I'm more of a Lowe's guy. :grin:

My news sets:

*Lots of sales*

Where did you find all that on sale?

I've bought the $400 Death Star multiple times, because I forgot I already owned one. So yeah, I have a terrible memory.

Wow, sorry, but I thought I had a bad memory. :laugh:

So what do you do with the Death Star sets after you bought them? Store them out of sight? Just curious, because it would be kind of hard to miss the Death Star if you built it and put it in area you traversed often enough.

For Lego? Or are you saying the staff there is extremely unhelpful as well? I wouldn't know, I'm more of a Lowe's guy. :grin:

The staff :laugh: :laugh: -there's been multiple times I've found things faster than they have :laugh: :laugh:, not to mention all the times they sent me to the wrong isle, but anyways, back to Star Wars!

Well, stopped at a couple of Targets and one Toys R Us.

Neither Target had minifigure polybags, but both had tons of polybags of both TIE prototypes and TIE Interceptors.

At Toys R Us, the stormtrooper was a give-away if you spent $30 or more on a LEGO construction set, but they were all out of the troopers. :cry_sad: They did have a bunch of the red-armed C-3POs to purchase, so I picked up two.

Really wanted that stormtrooper, though.

I bough my first UCS Set (Slave I) 1,5 month ago, it was so much fun to build and it looks really cool. At the moment I cannot decide if I should buy the Red Five X-Wing because its retiring...

What do you think guys?

Edited by thejokerr

I bough my first UCS Set (Slave I) 1,5 month ago, it was so much fun to build and it looks really cool. At the moment I cannot decide if I should buy the Red Five X-Wing because its retiring...

What do you think guys?

If you like the Slave 1 you should also get Red 5. You will regret it if you want it later and have to pay crazy after market prices once it is retired.

What do you think guys?

I was debating on purchasing this, as well. But the only place I can find it now is on Amazon and it's already marked up $50 ($250).

Are you seeing it somewhere else still for MSRP ($199.99)?

Since I have the 7965 Falcon I don't need the new version (which is the same in so many ways) but I do want the 7 figs.

I'll get Finn when I buy the Takodana set, I already have Rey (speeder set), BB8 (X-Wing) and Chewbacca (Tydirium) so I only needed these 3, which I bricklinked:

LegoPupkes.jpg.3bc4c191478ba33e4d9c3d7aa46bb91f.jpg

Where did you find all that on sale?

Zagreb, Croatia.

Last 2 years all big supermarket shops in Croatia are having huge sales on Lego before xmass, they are fighting each other with huge lego % discounts (on all sets) just to attract more ppl in shops, since all this shops sell also other stuff not just toys (food, electronics, everything). And btw. Lego store Zagreb (monostore licenced) is only shop that doesn't have discounts....

Neither Target had minifigure polybags, but both had tons of polybags of both TIE prototypes and TIE Interceptors.

At Toys R Us, the stormtrooper was a give-away if you spent $30 or more on a LEGO construction set, but they were all out of the troopers. :cry_sad: They did have a bunch of the red-armed C-3POs to purchase, so I picked up two.

Really wanted that stormtrooper, though.

Target rarely has solely minifigure polybags... those are usually only found at TRU.

And yeah, that Stormtrooper Sergeant thing was a total bust for me too! I went two days after the promotion started and they had already run out of them! And yet, there's still gajillions of C-3POs for sale.... :wacko::cry_sad::sad:

Yeah, exactly the same here. I would say there had to be at least 20 C-3POs at TRU. But I was told they ran out of the Stormtrooper yesterday (now Wednesday).

Although they picked the wrong minifigure for having to purchase $30 or more. You only need one C-3PO, but you can never have too many Stormtroopers. And I'm certainly not going to buy multiple $30 construction sets to get multiple stormtroopers.

I wonder how much the stormtroopers will go up for on Bricklink or Ebay.

Edited by Hobbun

More than they would have cost @ TRU :hmpf_bad:

Actually, less (if there isn't a set you want to purchase). You can purchase 4 of them from Bricklink for as much as you would buy a set and get one Stormtrooper for "free" at TRU.

Actually, less (if there isn't a set you want to purchase). You can purchase 4 of them from Bricklink for as much as you would buy a set and get one Stormtrooper for "free" at TRU.

Ah, but you could buy just the stormtrooper poly for $3.99 @ TRU..... so buy 8, get one free for 9 (!). Bricklink, you can get 4 for the same price.

Edited by Junior Shark

Ah, but you could buy just the stormtrooper poly for $3.99 @ TRU..... so buy 8, get one free for 9 (!). Bricklink, you can get 4 for the same price.

I didn't have that option at my TRU. The only way to get the stormtrooper was to purchase a $30 or more LEGO construction set. Then you would get ONE.

And it was only $3.99 for you on top of that? How much did your TRU charge you for the red armed C-3PO? He was $6.99 at my TRU!

I didn't have that option at my TRU. The only way to get the stormtrooper was to purchase a $30 or more LEGO construction set. Then you would get ONE.

And it was only $3.99 for you on top of that? How much did your TRU charge you for the red armed C-3PO? He was $6.99 at my TRU!

Rough, man. Like, that really is rough! :cry_sad: My TRU is charging either $4.99 or $5.99 for C-3PO. And on the Stormtrooper poly, did you go talk to the employees at the customer service desk? That's how I've gotten those "with purchase" polybags in the past.