KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Craigslist find NIB 75093 Death Star Final Dual and 75101 New Order Special Forces TIE Fighter for $75.00.

I picked up this year's Star Wars Advent Calendar today, along with the free Star Wars -Episode II: Attack of the Clones poster.

Another Micro-fighter Homing Spider droid to get the Ep II poster from S@H, then Rey's Speeder and a Shadow Troopers battle pack to get the C3-PO polybag from Toys'R'Us :)

My wife and son went to the LEGO store, my son looked through the whole store and picked out the First Order Transporter 75103 for me.

Finally got around to purchasing 8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle on Bricklink.

I know it's not much of a relevant set anymore, but I have some modifications planned for it to bring it up to speed with more recent shuttles.

I'll be adding a loading ramp, among other things. Should fit nicely with my Tydirium, as well as Kylo's Shuttle.

I just scored big time from one of the Polish online retailers. They offer prices about 15% below S@H prices to begin with, and today offered further 23% off!

So I got 75105 TFA Millennium Falcon for approx. US $123 / €111, 75104 Kylo's Shuttle for US $97 / €87, 75102 Poe's X-Wing for US $72 / €65 and 75101 FO TIE for US $55 / €50 :sweet:

I should have them tomorrow :grin: Now I only wonder how will the canopy part in the X-Wing look like... But there is always TLG Customer Service in case I get a bad one :sweet:

Edited by Vodnik

Just ordered a Tie advanced prototype, for €30 after discounts (had to order a €5 sweater to use a €10 off coupon, worth it)

Chuffed with it, it always seemed like the best lego Tie so far, and i quite like the prototype as a craft as well, PLUS, i get an inquisitor to add to my bad guy collection.

just picked up Kylo Rens shuttle finally..drove 4 hours to my nearest toys r us force Friday and that was the one thing I forgot!

AT-AT microfighter yesterday

It is a decent build, and somewhat interesting, but still kinda meh imho, but then again, i never was a big AT-AT fan. Itll go onto the small empire vehicle shelf

Ordered a 75083 AT-DP, that empty sport on my desk really needs something, and this was cheaper then trying to track down a Darth Talon statue :P

Im trying to tell myself this is enough for a while, but after i get some shelving sorted in my imperial/sith corner im gonna need an updated Sith Infiltrator.... (although i wont be going new for that one, dont like the current version)

Yesterday I received the First Order Snowspeeder and Special Forces Tie Fighter :classic:

I think I'll buy the Falcon next :classic:

I saw Poe's X-Wing is still "temporary out of stock". I heard there was a problem with the canopy. Did any of you run into some issue with that set?

It is on the shelves of a local store and I wonder if I should wait for the next "production run" or get the one that's still around :classic:

Yesterday I received the First Order Snowspeeder and Special Forces Tie Fighter :classic:

I think I'll buy the Falcon next :classic:

I saw Poe's X-Wing is still "temporary out of stock". I heard there was a problem with the canopy. Did any of you run into some issue with that set?

It is on the shelves of a local store and I wonder if I should wait for the next "production run" or get the one that's still around :classic:

I havent personally had the problem with the X-wing but I've heard allot bout it. some people switched it up so that it would work like its supposed to. i would say wait but thats just my oppinion. Currently trying to get the Transport, Snow speeder and Elite Tie. and hey By the way does the Tie actually have to pilot locations or is one for a rear gunner or something?

I got this neat t-16 Skyhopper ,the price of it makes it a real bargain and the tuskan raider is a great little figure!

IMG_0011_zpsmmtirhxr.jpg

I havent personally had the problem with the X-wing but I've heard allot bout it. some people switched it up so that it would work like its supposed to. i would say wait but thats just my oppinion. Currently trying to get the Transport, Snow speeder and Elite Tie. and hey By the way does the Tie actually have to pilot locations or is one for a rear gunner or something?

Yes, the FO TIE Fighter has two seats because of the rear gunner. :thumbup:

Yes, the FO TIE Fighter has two seats because of the rear gunner. :thumbup:

Thank you and would you happen to no it any of the new troopers would be clones or could be used in clone armies?

I've got $20 saved up from my VIP card purchases, I'm hoping since it's double VIP points 10/1-10/4 I can use it this weekend to get Poe's X-Wing for just $60 instead of $80. Which is 25% off. I think I can convince my wife and son to go on Friday, fingers crossed.

After trying to find a 9493 for a decent price I gave up and got 75102 Poe's X-Wing. I expected buyer's remorse but not this bad. Strangely enough, half a day later, I actually like the kit, a lot.

Thank you and would you happen to no it any of the new troopers would be clones or could be used in clone armies?

Well, a lot of the new troopers do have clone faces, but I would have no idea if they're supposed to really be clones or not. :laugh:

I think they would improve any army, though.

I got Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle a few days ago, but I've not gotten a chance to build it yet.

And BigJoe, the TIE pilots have clone faces, but in the Star Wars universe they aren't supposed to be clones. (Because Episode VII is ~30 years after the OT, and the OT is ~19 years after the PT, most clones would chronologically be in their 60s, but with their accelerated aging they would likely be dead.)

Picked up Kylo Ren's Shuttle on the weekend, and I gotta say I'm far happier with it then I thought I'd be. I really like that its quite light, which makes it really good for swooshing. Plus, the wing function is really amazing. Overall, probably my favourite villain ship yet.

I bought the lego star wars republic frigate at a convention last week. Really nice ship, but the stickers come loose after being applied :(

The set is from 2011, that is not that old to have this, or the quality of them is just rubbish. I wish for printed pieces........

Edited by firefox

Stickers were already peeling off the sheet itself in my copy of Imperial V-Wing (7915... a very nice set, by the way) that I got this summer, and while they did stick on the pieces, the sides of the stickers are very loosely attached and start to peel at the slightest touch. First time that's happened with any of my sets, but I expect it not be the last when it comes to buying sets from a few years back, even if the box is unopened. Humidity, temperature, exposure to sunlight and such is certainly going to play a factor in how well the glue on the stickers lasts. The good news is, with the way a lot of collectors don't like applying stickers in the first place, getting replacement sheets as needed from Bricklink or whatever is fairly inexpensive or even cheap.

Anyway, as for recent acquisitions of my own, got the T-16 and the 2015 advent calendar ought to arrive sometime next week. :sweet: Not too fond of the Skyhopper, either the build or the overall aesthetic, but I wanted the Tusken Raider, and since it's technically an OT ship that was enough of a justification. (And to go with the theme of this post, when readjusting a badly placed sticker the glue decided to stay behind... luckily the actual paper still attached to it after a few choice curse words.)