KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Picked up 7666 Hoth Rebel Base off E Bay for $73.41 shipped. Used complete with box. Look forward to having that set again.

I got the stormtrooper and shadow trooper battlepacks.

Both were pretty solid and they really stood out to me amongst the mediocre line up Lego Star Wars these past few years.

UCS Sandcrawler 75059. Been coveting it for ages and saw it 20% off and pulled the trigger. It came with a free A-wing polybag. Those extra 40 bits totally justifies buying the initial 3000 :)

UCS Sandcrawler 75059. Been coveting it for ages and saw it 20% off and pulled the trigger. It came with a free A-wing polybag. Those extra 40 bits totally justifies buying the initial 3000 :)

Oh where u got the 20% off?

Just got another R2-D2 in Legoland Denmark!

After a bit of a LEGO Star Wars acquisition drought, I finally picked up again with a vengeance. Monday the 22nd was a warm-up - just another 75074 Snowspeeder Microfighter (and with it, this month's free LEGO Star Wars poster, for Star Wars - Episode VI: The Empire Strikes Back) as part of a larger purchase of mostly non-Star Wars sets, but the following day was the main event: my single largest (most expensive) ever, the mighty 10236 Ewok Village! As one of the more impoverished fans (judging from some of the other purchases I regularly note others here making), this was a really big deal to me. I'd dearly love to have, say, the Death Star, but honestly I wanted this set at least as much as that one, and given that it's more affordable I thought I made sure I got it. It would be incredibly difficult for me to get both, so I thought I should make a choice between the two, and though I will surely miss the Death Star I'm very glad to finally have this (and with it, another free poster). Huzzah!

As I happens, this means I now have one unopened copy of each of the four sets released to date to feature Ewok minifigures. I think I shall put them all together more or less at once, one after another, in an overall Ewok-centric build session.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I just pulled the trigger and bought a 10143 on eBay. I did get it below the brickpicker price point but WOW it was still the most I have every spent on a single set.

I just pulled the trigger and bought a 10143 on eBay. I did get it below the brickpicker price point but WOW it was still the most I have every spent on a single set.

Congratulations, it's a great model.

However, be careful with it as it's very fragile....in fact, I'd recommend that you don't go anywhere near it when it's completed! :wink:

I did read that you can remove the upper dish and grab it from the inside. I think I wil enjoy the build even if this set gets a lot of bad press.

I was at my wife's aunt's house one day, she was showing us how it had been remodeled. In one room on the lower level that was being used for storage, I spied a LEGO Star Wars box on the top of a shelf. It was open and a half built brown thing was sticking out. It turned out to be the 2005 Sandcrawler #10144. On a subsequent visit, I informed my wife's aunt and uncle how much they could sell it for. Instead, they simply gave it to me. I was shocked, but appreciative. So, I took it home and took what was built apart, except the tank wheels/treads, droids and minifigures. Over a few days, I worked on it until it was done. Everything was in the box, even the decals. The figures were in great shape. The only missing parts were the pieces for the white droid that has a bunch of arms and a flagpole. Easy to replace.

That is a great set. I still have one mint in bags. No box though. Great find!

I was at my wife's aunt's house one day, she was showing us how it had been remodeled. In one room on the lower level that was being used for storage, I spied a LEGO Star Wars box on the top of a shelf. It was open and a half built brown thing was sticking out. It turned out to be the 2005 Sandcrawler #10144. On a subsequent visit, I informed my wife's aunt and uncle how much they could sell it for. Instead, they simply gave it to me. I was shocked, but appreciative. So, I took it home and took what was built apart, except the tank wheels/treads, droids and minifigures. Over a few days, I worked on it until it was done. Everything was in the box, even the decals. The figures were in great shape. The only missing parts were the pieces for the white droid that has a bunch of arms and a flagpole. Easy to replace.

Finally got my hands on Darth Revan a couple of weeks ago (for a relatively fair price), I'd been kicking myself on the head ever since missing out on it last year. :tongue:

Other than that, I got the 75092 Naboo starfighter for 20% off. Since I never had any of the previous versions and I'd had 7877 in my sights for a while now, getting an updated design instead with a virtually identical minifig selection for less money seemed like a no-brainer. The only real downside is that it takes up a good deal more space than I expected, even without the accessories.

Two Imperial Troop Transports, which were promptly mashed together with about 6 extra parts to form a decent sized one, more like the original/comic/Rebels TV version, and I've got a 75054 AT-AT in the mail on the way here.

Looks like I'm back.

Two Imperial Troop Transports, which were promptly mashed together with about 6 extra parts to form a decent sized one, more like the original/comic/Rebels TV version...

Can you share some pictures? I've wanted to do this myself.

Sure! I'll try to whip up an LDD model too, as I'm still terrible at taking pictures.

Sure! I'll try to whip up an LDD model too, as I'm still terrible at taking pictures.

That would be awesome! Thank you!

Edited by TK924

Two Imperial Troop Transports, which were promptly mashed together with about 6 extra parts to form a decent sized one, more like the original/comic/Rebels TV version, and I've got a 75054 AT-AT in the mail on the way here.

Looks like I'm back.

I was thinking about doing the same thing but using 3-5 packs, just because I have still 5 Stormtroopers battle packs still to build :wink:

Some time ago I turned the content of two Shadow Troopers battle packs into a "larger speeder". I find it an enjoyable building experience so I'm thinking to do it again with other battle packs :classic:

I'm glad to read it is possible to make a decent sized Imperial Troop Transport using two battle packs and just few extra piece. Very good news :classic:

Another Shuttle Tyderium, I have a sickness when it comes to collecting multiple sets. Got the Winter a Soldier and ESB poster.

Another Shuttle Tyderium, I have a sickness when it comes to collecting multiple sets. Got the Winter a Soldier and ESB poster.

Is it worth it? Considering getting one to add to my Imperial Forces. It'll be that or two AT-DPs.

If you have not bought one yet, yes totally worth it. Nice set with mini figures.

Is it worth it? Considering getting one to add to my Imperial Forces. It'll be that or two AT-DPs.