KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

No intensions of "real" army building... I just like their camouflage armour very much!

And as theres always some room for more troopers, I thought... Why not?

Their camouflage armor is impressive. I really like it and, of course, there is always some room for more troopers :classic:

I received my slave 1 on Friday from my online order and the other items I had bought at my local Lego store during double VIP points. The midi scale Star Destroyer I received from a third party sale recently. I am going to use all of my double VIP points on the upcoming UCS Tie Fighter that is coming out in May.

dIa4cz.jpg

Edited by droid747

Picked up another 10212 Imperial shuttle for US$365 yesterday. Only issues are that the box and 1 small bag were opened.

Can't wait to build this and not open my MISB 10212 instead. Stoked! :)

Using the Lego Store Gift Card my friend gave me for birthday (that was really cute of her!), I got the TIE Advanced Prototype. Here in Germany this one is overpriced I feel (50 Euros), so I was glad about the gift card.

The set itself is certainly nice, though. Excellent build, good minifigs. The TIE pilot's print could have been better, but that is the only complaint I have beside the price.

(And I know some people complained about the red spring loaded shooters, because the TIE uses green laser bolts. Yes, it does, but it also has red emitters on the cannons. So when the shooters are loaded it looks accurate!).

I'll put the AT-DP on my "to buy list" for sure. The Minifigures are indeed interesting and an additional walker would hurt, after all.

True! I actually prefer walkers to spacecraft due to their often better display value. And you may think of the AT-DP as the brother of the AT-AP. One is tall and lanky, the other short and stubby; one is fast, the other powerful; one for defense, one for attack. They make a nice display together, even if they are from different eras.

Edited by Flieger

Using the Lego Store Gift Card my friend gave me for birthday (that was really cute of her!), I got the TIE Advanced Prototype. Here in Germany this one is overpriced I feel (50 Euros), so I was glad about the gift card.

The set itself is certainly nice, though. Excellent build, good minifigs. The TIE pilot's print could have been better, but that is the only complaint I have beside the price.

(And I know some people complained about the red spring loaded shooters, because the TIE uses green laser bolts. Yes, it does, but it also has red emitters on the cannons. So when the shooters are loaded it looks accurate!).

True! I actually prefer walkers to spacecraft due to their often better display value. And you may think of the AT-DP as the brother of the AT-AP. One is tall and lanky, the other short and stubby; one is fast, the other powerful; one for defense, one for attack. They make a nice display together, even if they are from different eras.

I strongly agree on the walkers: they would be perfect to display together :classic:

I live in Italy so I payed the same price for the Prototype Tie ( Lego sets cost more here in Europe than in USA :classic: )

It's a nice set but I too think it's overpriced. If we consider the price per piece it more overpriced than the Wookiee Gunship :classic:

Imperial Inspection. The printed stormies are pretty unquie.

That's pricey. How much did you get it for, and from where?

It was a used set with no box. Still need to wash the pieces before assembly. I got it for $127.50 shipped off of EBay. Not bad. Was one of the sets I got rid of and wanted it back.

That's pricey. How much did you get it for, and from where?

Got the latest AT-TE yesterday... Its out of production now, so i got it for 30% off...

And finally the Red Five X-Wing and the Mos Eisley Cantina with 20%off at Toys'r us!

Edited by H_Solo

Got the latest AT-TE yesterday... Its out of production now, so i got it for 30% off...

And finally the Red Five X-Wing and the Mos Eisley Cantina with 20%off at Toys'r us!

How is the AT-TE? I have the first ever released AT-TE and since I saw a couple of them with a "not-so-huge" discount I was wondering if it would be a good purchase :classic:

Can't tell... Its still sitting in its box... I hope to build it sometime this weekend.

How is the AT-TE? I have the first ever released AT-TE and since I saw a couple of them with a "not-so-huge" discount I was wondering if it would be a good purchase :classic:

Go for it! the old one has no comparison to the newest.

Go for it! the old one has no comparison to the newest.

Thanks for the info :classic:

Accept it has a speeder with storage for it. :P

The speeder storage is a nice feature.

It also has enough room for several Clone Troopers. I don't remember if the new one has the same transport capacity :classic:

It also has enough room for several Clone Troopers. I don't remember if the new one has the same transport capacity :classic:

It can hold quite a few troops, especially if you take out the slidable flick missile rack. I personally love it as a set.

It can hold quite a few troops, especially if you take out the slidable flick missile rack. I personally love it as a set.

That's great.

Sadly I was away from the Lego hobby when it was released and when I came back I had so many sets to buy. I'll try to see if I can still get it with some discount, then :classic:

Thanks for the info :classic:

I know the clone wars one didn't. The bulk of the front was taken up by the spring loaded missiles.

Just bought the MTT for 79,99 euros at Toys'R'Us on the Dutch online store. Price was reduced with 10%, and on top of that: there's a discount of 20% on all their Lego sets till the 4th of April or something. :thumbup:

Just buy the 10236 Ewok Village half price ( favor of a friend working in Lego Store ) and the 75054 AT-AT.

Employee discount?

Well I now have obi wan's jedi star fighter ucs 10215 coming in the mail. That now is 3 ucs sets purchased in March (slave 1, red 5 x wing, and obi wan fighter). I will also be purchasing the new tie in May. Not a bad start for an ucs collection I just decided to start collecting.

I bought the UCS Slave 1 and Red Five X-Wing during the double points. The Slave 1 was a must buy and here in Australia I was too impatient to wait for a retailer to pick it up in 6 months time, similarly with the Red Five X-Wing I plan on getting the upcoming UCS Tie Fighter and thought one couldn't go without the other. That means I'll have a reasonably discounted UCS Tie Fighter to purchase in May and in the mean time two incredible Star Wars sets to tide me over!