KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

The other day I decided to take the plunge and basically lose my Star Wars UCS virginity - and bought myself 75060 Slave I (I had a little spare cash so why not, and Ewok Village doesn't count as UCS for me). I still need to find the space to display such a model as well as a big enough space to construct it before I can start delving into the build. Photographs of my sigfig sitting in it's cockpit will inevitably follow after it is constructed :tongue:

I just received the order with my two Wookiee Gunships and the Republic Gunship Microfighter, alongside few other non SW sets ( a DC Comics one, two Sand Baseplates etc)

I got the Micro Gunship mostly for the Clone Pilot :wink: I have still to decide what to do with Micro Gunship itself: build them or keep those pieces as "spare parts" :classic:

Latest purchase was from the pick-a-brick wall. I was stoked to see light grey and sand brown 2 x 2 tiles. Hardly ever see good colour tiles show up.

I bought a couple microfighters (X-wing and Snowspeeder) as an easy way of acquiring pieces needed for my Death Star style Lambda class Shuttle MOC.

It's weird; normally I keep almost all the sets I buy together, or with slight modifications. But every single microfighter I've bought so far has been dismantled for parts about ten minutes after I build it.

I bought a couple microfighters (X-wing and Snowspeeder) as an easy way of acquiring pieces needed for my Death Star style Lambda class Shuttle MOC.

It's weird; normally I keep almost all the sets I buy together, or with slight modifications. But every single microfighter I've bought so far has been dismantled for parts about ten minutes after I build it.

I have the same thoughts :wink:

They are not bad but they look weird sometimes. They would look "silly" displayed with the rest of my starships, vehicles and armies. I bought the Micro Gunship for the Clone Pilot but I have to decide what to do with it.

I was even thinking about buying a couple more of them and try to make a larger version but I think it would still look a bit weird. Perhaps if I'll ever buy the new UCS Marvel set coming this month I could "convert" it into SW and those Microfihgters could be take off and land on it :classic:

I have the same thoughts :wink:

They are not bad but they look weird sometimes. They would look "silly" displayed with the rest of my starships, vehicles and armies. I bought the Micro Gunship for the Clone Pilot but I have to decide what to do with it.

I was even thinking about buying a couple more of them and try to make a larger version but I think it would still look a bit weird. Perhaps if I'll ever buy the new UCS Marvel set coming this month I could "convert" it into SW and those Microfihgters could be take off and land on it :classic:

That would be sweet. I could see it as a land/air based carrier for planets you cant really "touch" down on with shuttles or ships.

That would be sweet. I could see it as a land/air based carrier for planets you cant really "touch" down on with shuttles or ships.

It was exactly my thought :wink:

Sadly I fear that set would be a little too much "micro scale oriented" and anything larger than the micro vehicles coming with it would appear off scale. However it's still very long so I hope the "scale issue" wouldn't be a huge problem :classic:

Just got the TIE Advanced Prototype (about 3 weeks ago) and AT-DP one week ago. I don't personally like the Inquisitor, nor most of the Star Wars Rebels characters, so I just make the TIE Pilot drive the ship. I also like the ISB (Imperial Security Bureau), so although I don't like that "Agent Kallus" guy, he's still part of the ISB, so I still sort of like him. I may take off his head and helmet and replace it with a Imperial crewman face and a black kepi or just normal hair. I don't mind the officer in the Tie Advanced Prototype set except for the strange symbol on his kepi. Rebels sets bring their pros and cons.

It's been very difficult for me to keep up lately, but I did just get 75034 Death Star Troopers and 75030 Millennium Falcon Microfighter, plus another copy of 5001621 Han Solo (Hoth).

Bought the Battle of Endor Set 8038 used... curious about the AT-ST and what pieces are missing... :laugh:

The last few things I've bought was the turbo tank and gunship micro fighters. I got the gunship micro just so I could have two pilots and fill the empty cockpit of my 2013 LAAT/i gunship!

I bought the shadow trooper and itt battle packs this morning. I like them. I never had much of a problem with rebels-style stormtroopers, unlike many. The only problem for me with the 'drooping' mouth grille is that now it doesn't line up with the groove in the mold. I would have preferred black or balaclava'd heads, too, because from behind they look better. The other set is quite good, but I can't understand what the deal is with the 'stain' on the front of the helmet, and it being a different shade of grey.

I bought another Wookiee Gunship today. I know it is considered the pariah of the first wave but it's not that bad :wink:

Beside Wookiee sets are a rare sight :classic:

UCS slave I money was just taken from my credit card (order had to be split because lack of stock, grrrr) if that counts!

super excited, I just hope it get's here in a somewhat timely fashion.

I finally built the first of my three Wookiee Gunships and it is very nice. Considered all the negative reviews it was a "gambling" to buy so many of them but I'm glad I trusted my instinct: it is indeed a nice set. The cost per brick is high but the Prototype Advanced Tie's one is higher and nobody complains :classic:

UCS slave I money was just taken from my credit card (order had to be split because lack of stock, grrrr) if that counts!

super excited, I just hope it get's here in a somewhat timely fashion.

I saw it is backorder again. Good luck: I hope you'll get your Slave I soon. I noticed more often than not they ship backorder sets before the expected date, sometimes even within few days from the order, so hopefully you'll get it "in a somewhat timely fashion" :classic:

Managed to get a UCS 7181 Tie Interceptor from a bricklink seller - it is fab.

I know. One of my first "large" Star Wars sets. Sadly it has been partially disassembled but I have all piece :wink: so one day it will return to its ancient glory :classic:

How much did you pay it? If I'm not indiscreet. I'm curious to see how much its cost increased during the years. It was the first ever UCS: it's a "piece" of Lego Star Wars story.

Enjoy your new set, Happy Building and May the Brick be with You :classic: