KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I thought it was going to be the Star Destroyer set but the seller just cancelled the order as they ran out of stock. I'll have to see if I can pick up one on sale later this month.

On happier news, I just picked up the new AT-AT at $40 off.

Edited by Steckley

I just realized my last post in this thread was back in May, and while I haven't gotten nearly as much as I'd like since then, I have added a few things to the collection. I've gotten a few more copies of the Snowtrooper Battle Pack since I last mentioned getting some, and at Dragon*Con a few months ago, of all places, I was lucky enough to be given (another) copy of 20019, the Brickmaster mini Slave I. More recently I ordered and just yesterday received 75056, this year's LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar.

In the last 3 months, got my hands on the Sandcrawler, 2 AT-ATs, 1 ISD, Ewok VIllage and the B-Wing.

Probably will be looking to build them over the holiday period, including a Battle of Hoth Diorama which I have been trying to do, now awaiting on parts from S@H and Bricklink.

Been xmas hunting for my boys....So far have the AT-AT at $70CAD, the Ghost at $50CAD, and the Star Destroyer at $80CAD. Off craigslist so no taxes either. Picked up the Technic crane 42009 for the boys, but really myself too. Can't wait for that one. I'm glued to these forums for the MOCs on that one.

~S

...almost forgot the two SW advent calendars for the boys. It's been an annual stable for a couple of years now. Love it.

I recently emerged from a long dark age a couple of weeks ago. I picked the 75051 jedi scout fighter for an appalling price, but it's a nice set. A few days ago I bought one of the Kashyyyk battle packs and two of the Utapau ones, also for pretty hefty prices. I think I'll get the new republic gunship as well as the new A-wing and that sith interceptor next.

Got the re-release of the AT-AP today on sale. Has anyone else recently gotten this set? I've been pretty impressed with it so far. I might make a mod thread showing the additions and changes a have made to it soon.

Posted Today, 09:54 PM

Got the re-release of the AT-AP today on sale. Has anyone else recently gotten this set? I've been pretty impressed with it so far. I might make a mod thread showing the additions and changes a have made to it soon.

I got it on sale for 37$ USD

best deal I made on any lego according to me.

The build itself is amazing so is the commander Gree minifig

Yeah. I am having a ton of fun filling in all the gaps on this beast right now. It looks fantastic.

Just got the Sandcrawler for 10% off + VIP Points at the VIP Event.

Was this the Lego Store VIP invitational event? I attended mine this morning, but no discounts were available? Did they offer scratch off tickets perchance?

I grabbed a Snowspeeder and Phantom for my nephews and picked up another ISD for myself.

Edited by ISDAvenger

Vulture Droid as an early part of my Xmas loot, towards getting a Rocket Raccoon at TRU. Figured I'd better get one before it retires!

Was this the Lego Store VIP invitational event? I attended mine this morning, but no discounts were available? Did they offer scratch off tickets perchance?

I grabbed a Snowspeeder and Phantom for my nephews and picked up another ISD for myself.

They had 10% on everything plus 15% on a selection of sets.

You also got a voucher for a calendar and the second winter set with purchases of (i forgot) € und above.

I also got the AT-AP recently on sale. I wasn't planning on getting it, but they had it on display and I thought it looked pretty cool.

I picked up the last R2D2 (10225) from the Manchester Lego Storer yesterday. Started the build last night

Managed to find the 7965 Millenium Falcon at Target for $42. No price on the shelf, so I scanned it at one of the scanners at the end of the aisle and lucked out. I think maybe someone entered it into the system with the wrong price, but I'm not gonna complain, no missing minifigs or anything. Also picked up the ISD at the VIP event a week ago, so its been a week of SW building for me...

7965 Millenium Falcon off 28%. This weekend is gonna be good. :sweet:

Edit:

Managed to find the 7965 Millenium Falcon at Target for $42. No price on the shelf, so I scanned it at one of the scanners at the end of the aisle and lucked out. I think maybe someone entered it into the system with the wrong price, but I'm not gonna complain, no missing minifigs or anything. [...]

Nice. :drool:

Edited by DarthBrickus

I have been on a shopping spree at Bricklink recently, I picked up two small batches of parts and the following sets new. All at good prices considering the shipping costs and fairly limited availability, especially for where I am.

- 9489 endor troopers (2x)

- 9490 droid escape

- 9678 bespin

- 75003 a wing

- 75009 hoth

- 75011 alderaan

- 75015 corporate alliance tank droid

- 75021 republic gunship

- 75031 TIE interceptor MF

- 75032 x wing MF

- 75039 v wing

Mostly small OT sets that I missed during a long hiatus from Lego. I will have a lot of building to do.

I purchased the X-Wing 10240 set yesterday at Argos for £125. It's my first Lego Star Wars set but hopefully I can keep buying more in the future, although I'll probably stick to UCS sets.

I purchased the X-Wing 10240 set yesterday at Argos for £125. It's my first Lego Star Wars set but hopefully I can keep buying more in the future, although I'll probably stick to UCS sets.

Welcome to a Brick Galaxy far, far, away :classic:

There are wonderful sets even among the "no UCS" ones. So my suggestion to a new collector is "buy whatever you like". In the end what matters is to enjoy our hobby. Whatever it is only UCS, no UCS or a mix of sets. The important is be satisfied with our purchases :wink:

So welcome to the Lego Star Wars universe and May the Brick be with you :classic:

Found the Sith Nightspeeder on Dutch marktplaats for 19€95, picked it for Ventress mainly as I'm not completely sold on the looks of the upcoming one...

Welcome to a Brick Galaxy far, far, away :classic:

There are wonderful sets even among the "no UCS" ones. So my suggestion to a new collector is "buy whatever you like". In the end what matters is to enjoy our hobby. Whatever it is only UCS, no UCS or a mix of sets. The important is be satisfied with our purchases :wink:

So welcome to the Lego Star Wars universe and May the Brick be with you :classic:

I know if I start buying the system sets I won't be able to stop and I'll be bankrupt in no time! I'll stick to UCS stuff for now, and probably just OT sets, such a shame that older stuff can't be bought anymore but that's what happens when you're late to the party. I've definitely caught the bug though, I just ordered an AT-ST 10174 set from eBay.