KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Bought a lot (30kg +) of used lego because I spotted parts from this...

14381138205_9f5c56c580_b.jpg

100% complete, but no instructions (actually I had to pull 1 part from my collection but I think it's in there too…)

Previous owner put one of the dashboard stickers on the wrong 4x4 though, hence the dg plate on top of the cockpit. :hmpf_bad:

Regardless, pretty good deal!

And I met George Lucas at the Canadian f1 Grand Prix :cry_happy:

If you didn't buy him, then it's the wrong topic :grin:

Okay. It's official. I'm addicted. :) As a younger lad, many decades ago, I loved Lego. Every time my Grandma went back to Germany to visit her parents, she'd come back with Lego City kits. I always loved the City sets, but my parents would always buy me the Castle sets. No big deal. It was still fun putting those things together. To this day, I still remember when I was around 9 or 10 years old and my mother sold all of my Legos in a yard sale. I had kind of grown out of them at the time, so it didn't bother me too much, but looking back I wish I had kept them all.

I had stayed away from Lego for quite a long while until I saw an article on Kotaku.com that talked about the Lego Simpsons house. Upon seeing reviews, I decided to go and get it. All of a sudden, the pain from my shoulder surgery, the stress from work, and all the cares in the world disappeared. I was like a kid once more. I put that together and anxiously awaited the release of the minifigs. Although my local Target sold out of them before I could get my Itchy, one day in the past couple of weeks I stopped by Toys R' Us to pick up some Legos for my little nephew (the 3 year old LOVES Legos and is able to build quite advanced sets at a young age. I'm a very proud uncle here). Anyway, while at Toys R' Us I saw the Millenium Falcon kit there. Yes, it was $139 but with my Visa card any purchases at Toys R' Us gave me a good cash back benefit. I decided to spring for it and I was hooked. I LOVED building the thing. I also picked up an AT-ST, I believe it was, because it came with a Yoda figure. The Falcon had Han, Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan, Chewbacca and Darth Vader, but I was still without Yoda. So I picked up the AT-ST and got Yoda, a droid figure, and a Storm Trooper as well. I was in heaven.

I built that thing in one night and was immediately hooked. As this past weekend approached, I got the itch again. I decided to get one of the holy grails in Lego Star Wars and got the Death Star. OH MY GOD IS THAT THING GREAT! Having so many minifigs, being so huge in scale, and having so many great set pieces, I bought it off Amazon using that Cash Back Visa card again, and decided Saturday shipping was worth it. I was getting cash back, finances are going well, and I could do it. It arrived Saturday before I woke up at noon and I spent most of Saturday building it. I went to bed and the next day spent some time with my niece and nephew building a Lego fire truck I bought for them. When I got home, I realized I had a work meeting with colleagues in India at 5:30 in the morning on Monday, so I stayed up all night long finishing the build and playing with it. Of course, my sleep schedule is totally messed up for a few days now, but I am hooked. My local grocery store has some small Star Wars Lego sets, so I picked up what they had today and built some more. I can't wait for pay-day on Friday so I can go out to Toys R' Us and get a few more Star Wars set. I am hooked. It's official. I'm an AFOL addicted to Star Wars Lego sets now. Lol.

Okay. It's official. I'm addicted. :) As a younger lad, many decades ago, I loved Lego. Every time my Grandma went back to Germany to visit her parents, she'd come back with Lego City kits. I always loved the City sets, but my parents would always buy me the Castle sets. No big deal. It was still fun putting those things together. To this day, I still remember when I was around 9 or 10 years old and my mother sold all of my Legos in a yard sale. I had kind of grown out of them at the time, so it didn't bother me too much, but looking back I wish I had kept them all.

I had stayed away from Lego for quite a long while until I saw an article on Kotaku.com that talked about the Lego Simpsons house. Upon seeing reviews, I decided to go and get it. All of a sudden, the pain from my shoulder surgery, the stress from work, and all the cares in the world disappeared. I was like a kid once more. I put that together and anxiously awaited the release of the minifigs. Although my local Target sold out of them before I could get my Itchy, one day in the past couple of weeks I stopped by Toys R' Us to pick up some Legos for my little nephew (the 3 year old LOVES Legos and is able to build quite advanced sets at a young age. I'm a very proud uncle here). Anyway, while at Toys R' Us I saw the Millenium Falcon kit there. Yes, it was $139 but with my Visa card any purchases at Toys R' Us gave me a good cash back benefit. I decided to spring for it and I was hooked. I LOVED building the thing. I also picked up an AT-ST, I believe it was, because it came with a Yoda figure. The Falcon had Han, Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan, Chewbacca and Darth Vader, but I was still without Yoda. So I picked up the AT-ST and got Yoda, a droid figure, and a Storm Trooper as well. I was in heaven.

I built that thing in one night and was immediately hooked. As this past weekend approached, I got the itch again. I decided to get one of the holy grails in Lego Star Wars and got the Death Star. OH MY GOD IS THAT THING GREAT! Having so many minifigs, being so huge in scale, and having so many great set pieces, I bought it off Amazon using that Cash Back Visa card again, and decided Saturday shipping was worth it. I was getting cash back, finances are going well, and I could do it. It arrived Saturday before I woke up at noon and I spent most of Saturday building it. I went to bed and the next day spent some time with my niece and nephew building a Lego fire truck I bought for them. When I got home, I realized I had a work meeting with colleagues in India at 5:30 in the morning on Monday, so I stayed up all night long finishing the build and playing with it. Of course, my sleep schedule is totally messed up for a few days now, but I am hooked. My local grocery store has some small Star Wars Lego sets, so I picked up what they had today and built some more. I can't wait for pay-day on Friday so I can go out to Toys R' Us and get a few more Star Wars set. I am hooked. It's official. I'm an AFOL addicted to Star Wars Lego sets now. Lol.

Welcome to the Asylum!

In the past two weeks I purchased:

75048, The Phantom; 75053, The Ghost; 75033, Star Destroyer microfighter

75043, Death Star Troopers battle pack; 75055, Imperial Star Destroyer

Now I need to save money again :innocent:

Regards,

Mitch

In the last couple of weeks I have bought...

• All of the Microfighters
  • 75055 Star Destroyer
  • 75040 General Grievous' Wheel Bike
  • 75054 AT-AT
  • 75050 B-Wing (bit of a let-down that one)
  • 75051 Jedi Scout Fighter

Plus a crap-load of non-Star Wars sets too.

Yes, I am a fully paid up member of the AA (Assemblers Anonymous). Total set count now is 219...

Edited by SWAT Strachan

My collection started in the last week in April now sits at

10240 Red 5 X-Wing

10227 B-Wing

10225 R2-D2

Unless a Tie variant or the Millennium Falcon get another release, that will probably be me for the time being..

So I went back to my favorite store yesterday and purchased some more LEGO....

75005 Rancor Pit and 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina

Now I really will stop buying LEGO until 2015 probably :tongue:

Regards,

Mitch

Recently bought

75031 TIE Interceptor (Microfighters). A nice little thing. I plan to mod it so the pilot actually looks through the front window. :laugh:

Also acquired the updated and expanded visual dictionary. Getting this rare minifig is ok but not the reason to get the book. It just is a nice summary of TLG's works since the start of the line in 1999. Kind of an astounding evolution since then. :wink:

I went out to spend $120 and got 75036 utapau troopers, 75038 Jedi Intercepter, 75041 Vulture Droid, and 75042 Droid Gunship. Now I really need grevious's wheel bike and the ATAP.

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

Recently splurged on a bunch of this year's sets:

The Phantom

The Ghost

Snowspeeder

Utapau Troopers

Death Star Troopers

Kashyyyk Troopers

(And a free Balloon Cart!)

It's going to be fun building these once exams finish!

Pay day was this past Friday, and unlike many, Friday the 13th is a great day for me. Having HORRENDOUS luck 364 days out of the year, what is supposed to be the most unlucky day on the planet becomes one of the luckiest days for me. In addition to my regularly scheduled pay-day, I picked up a scratch off ticket and found it to be worth $300. So what did I do? Of course, I spent it on Lego Star Wars sets. I picked up the Tantavie IV and the newly release Sandcrawler. They should arrive later this week, and my recently purchased Jabba's Palace and Sail Barge will arrive on Tuesday.

Yes, this is a LOT of money to be spending on "toys", but I had refinanced my home last year, looked at my spending habits and cut back needless expenses, and paid a much closer look at needless expenditures and eliminated them. I've been able to save a LOT of money in the past year and have spent a portion on that in Star Wars Lego the past few weeks.

Having overcome a vicious, nasty, and life altering/ending addition of mine in the past two years, this "new" addiction to Lego Star Wars is much, much, MUCH safer and better off. I'm so happy I found this forum, and can't wait for all of my builds to arrive. Lol.

Just purchased 7965 millenium Falcon and 8097 Slave1 from eBay!! For £70 !!!!!!!! No minifigs but I've been looking on bricklink and they're cheap enough.

My little boys going to be impressed !!

Just purchased 7965 millenium Falcon and 8097 Slave1 from eBay!! For £70 !!!!!!!! No minifigs but I've been looking on bricklink and they're cheap enough.

My little boys going to be impressed !!

And just topped it off with a 7657 AT ST New in box for £28 + free postage. Me and my boy have got us some serious building to do!

I purchased today my first Microfighter, the Falcon. Han's face is horrible. Good expresión, but it's a rare mix between cartoon and realistic. I don't like it.

Yeah, good luck with that :laugh:.

I know right :grin:

Already I remembered that that statement only goes for SW LEGO :innocent:

Regards,

Mitch

So yesterday my Desert Skiff and Jabba's Palace arrived. Was really fun building those sets, and now that I have Jabba's Palace and the Rancor Pit in my possession, I can start looking at how I can MOC them to make an even better Jabba's Palace. Got quite a nice Episode VI conglomeration going with the Sail Barge, Rancor Pit, Saarlac Pit, Desert Skiff, and Palace.

And as I type this, I hear a knock at the door which must be the Sandcrawler, or the Tantative IV set I ordered through Bricklink. (Also get me an Admiral Ackbar to go with it, as hey, I wanted that character). Perhaps at the end of next month, as my b-day approaches, I'll go and pick up the Ewok Villiage so that I can at least have one of each major character aside from the Tuskan Folks.

My work office is now FILLED with Star Wars Lego boxes and various sets built and posed on the floor. I have an empty wall in the room, so it looks like I may need to visit IKEA and pick up some cabinets to properly store all of these in. Also need to finish building that arcade cabinet so I can get the computer I built for it out of there and leave more space for Star Wars Legos.

When I hit-up BrickLink to get the blocks for the Jabba's Palace/Rancor Pit MOC I'll work on, I'll also have to see about getting a bunch of storm troopers so that I can have a nice army of them. Haha.

Best Lego Star Wars purchase. Easy. 7662 MTT complete & boxed for £15 from a local car boot sale.

Edited by grum64