KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

My B-Wing, Han Solo mini-figure, poster arrived today. It made it in fine shape and fast, considering the 7,300 miles it had to travel to get here. The box is a little creased, but I think it was shipping that way. Looking forward into building it, over three months is a long time to go without building a set.

I picked up the 9495 "Gold Leader's Y-Wing" last week

. lego-star-wars-gold-leader-y-wing-starfighter-9495.jpg

I really liked the minifigs and the size and top of the Y-Wing, but I thought the bottom was extremely unfinished. The top has great details and greebs, and the bottom is just flat plates. No landing gear, no shape to it at all. But still looks great on the shelf next to 75003, 9492 and 9493!!!

Bought 6210 "Jabba's Sail Barge" off eBay. Have been wanting one for a long time and finally won an auction for a reasonable price.

I caught a damaged box deal at my local Lego store. 10240 Red Five X Wing for $170 + $20 in VIP points put it right at my sweet spot for sets that big. I don't care about the box. I can't store them.

I finally purchased 7879 - Hoth Echo Base yesterday, It's been on offer at TRU for a couple of weeks @ £74.99 and I managed to get another 10% off as the box was a bit battered. It's a truly awful set but I wanted to get it for the minifigures before it was discontinued.

TRU Austria already has the new wave and 20 % off all Lego Star Wars. So I got me the new Sail Barge today :)

I finally got something that I've wanted since I first heard about it back in the Episode 2 Days: the box of Clone Troopers from the Walmart clone building event in 2002. I paid $530 shipped and think it was a pretty good deal since this is the only one that I've seen with sealed clone troopers.

13076420.jpg

13076390.jpg

I finally got something that I've wanted since I first heard about it back in the Episode 2 Days: the box of Clone Troopers from the Walmart clone building event in 2002. I paid $530 shipped and think it was a pretty good deal since this is the only one that I've seen with sealed clone troopers.

I didn't even know this existed. It looks like a great collector's item.

Are you going to open it?

I didn't even know this existed. It looks like a great collector's item.

Are you going to open it?

That's a tough question, I would like to say that I'm going to keep it sealed...but on the other hand I would love to have 100-150 Clone Troops to display...

It almost would have been better if the previous owner had opened that, that way I wouldn't have to decide.

Edited by targeting

I just bought the 8099 midi-scale Imperial Star Destroyer and I gotta say it looks pretty awesome. I love the minimalistic design (and the fact that it's sticker free!). It's the perfect shelf or desktop piece. Don't really like the midi Falcon, but this is great, too bad Lego didn't release more midi scale sets.

The Y-wing has no landing gear? I'm going to have to fix that. I just bought it but it hasn't arrived yet (along with the smaller X-wing).

I paid $530 shipped and think it was a pretty good deal since this is the only one that I've seen with sealed clone troopers.

Wasn't someone trying to sell it for a thousand dollars or something on eBay sometime last year? Either way, new Clones clones average over $10 each on BL, so I'd say you came out ahead based on the minifigs alone, and this is the first time I've ever seen one of those in that condition.

I bought some minifigs off bricklilnk.

-Boba Fett(new with printed legs)

-Saesee Tiin(new non-CW)

-Agen Kolar

-Kithaba

-Salacious B. Crumb

All the figs look great. Boba Fett is one of the best figs TLG has ever made. Saesee Tiin looks way better than the CW version, but in my opinion Eeth Koth looks kinda better than Agen Kolar. But, since Kolar is non-CW I prefer him over Koth.

Edited by CaptainCRO

[snip]

WOW! That is freaking amazing -- that it never got opened, and that it survived intact this long! I recall the event, but thought, eh, since it was meant more for kiddos, never bothered showing up. That is quite a prize. I love the original clone trooper helmets... So what is the story on it, from the previous owner? Did he work at WalMart at the time and they didn't do the event? Just curious...

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images from recent posts.

WOW! That is freaking amazing -- that it never got opened, and that it survived intact this long! I recall the event, but thought, eh, since it was meant more for kiddos, never bothered showing up. That is quite a prize. I love the original clone trooper helmets... So what is the story on it, from the previous owner? Did he work at WalMart at the time and they didn't do the event? Just curious...

The lady that I bought it from said that she was selling it for a friend whose wife had worked at Walmart during the event.

Jabba's palace showed it up at home, today, so I'm looking forward to putting that together after work. Amazon's price didn't make the deal any worse either.

Got a good price on the 9495 Y-Wing and a 75014 Battle of Hoth to go with it. :laugh: <-- Super Happy Face

Edited by Only Sinner

I picked up the Super Star Destroyer today... It was actually kind of an impulse buy at lunch time :blush:

My wife and i took our two children to Legoland Windsor yesterday for my birthday and my son bought Palpatines arrest while i picked up the Battle of Hoth and the new Desert Skiff. Looking forward to building those when we get home ! Can somebody tell me, is the Luke Skywalker from battle of Hoth set the same as Luke from the 2012 x wing ? Or is there a difference ? I think i would have rather had a hoth Han Solo than another Pilot Luke.

Can somebody tell me, is the Luke Skywalker from battle of Hoth set the same as Luke from the 2012 x wing ? Or is there a difference ? I think i would have rather had a hoth Han Solo than another Pilot Luke.

Head, torso and leg piece are different. Hoth has the new printed leg piece, new torso and a double sided head. You might want to check Bricklink for details.

sw295.jpgsw461.jpg

I believe that Luke has black gloves flying the X-Wing, so it's basically ok to have 2 different pilot Lukes, I would say. Still strange they didn't put the gunner in there.

Head, torso and leg piece are different. Hoth has the new printed leg piece, new torso and a double sided head. You might want to check Bricklink for details.

sw295.jpgsw461.jpg

I believe that Luke has black gloves flying the X-Wing, so it's basically ok to have 2 different pilot Lukes, I would say. Still strange they didn't put the gunner in there.

Ooh, nice, thanks. I suppose Luke had to be in there for the snowspeeder (which i am sooooooo happy to finaly have) but i agree about the gunner. General Reekian (?) Looks nice on the box art too.

I had no idea the new pilot Luke was so different from the previous version. Sneaky TLG.