KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I got the 9488-1: Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack last week. Great set, just had to have a big battle with my RGS and Homing Spider Droid etc and my new set! The Clones won! (As usual :hmpf_bad: )

Got the Skiff last week and picked up Jabba's Palace yesterday. Both are absolutely fantastic sets! The figures are all amazing (Jabba, Boushh, Gamorrean Guard and Landon in particular), and I love how they included Harrison Ford's chin scar on Han's face. Amazing detail!

I really can't wait for the Rancor set to really finish off the palace.

I just got back into Lego about a year ago and kinda went a bit nuts with the buying. I already have all of these:

• Imperial Shuttle
  • Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter
  • Super Star Destroyer
  • UCS R2-D2
  • Sith Fury-class Interceptor
  • Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter
  • Republic Striker-class Starfighter
  • Gold Leader's Y-wing Starfighter
  • X-wing Starfighter
  • TIE Fighter
  • Clone Trooper Battle Pack
  • Mandalorian Battle Pack
  • Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack
  • Endor Rebel Trooper & Imperial Trooper Battle Pack
  • Imperial V-wing Starfighter
  • Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship
  • T-6 Jedi Shuttle
  • Geonosian Starfighter
  • Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator
  • Anakin Skywalker and Sebulba's Podracers
  • Republic Frigate
  • Millennium Falcon
  • TIE Defender
  • ARC-170 Starfighter
  • Luke's Landspeeder
  • General Grievous' Starfighter

My latest is purchase is one of my smallest, but also luckiest, the Star Wars Celebration Slave 1.

Just purchased Palpatines Arrest finally and got some parts from the PAB wall to extend it. :sweet:

Yesterday I picked up the Striker-class fighter from the Sherway Gardens LEGO store. I must say that in both design and swooshability it is by far my favourite starfighter LEGO has yet released. Also, the figures are fantastic. The droid is really well built and has lots of nice details, and Jace Malcolm is plain awesome. Now I need to get the Fury-class ship, and when the time comes, the OR battle pack.

I've bought quite a lot since my birthday is later this month:

• 9493 X-Wing Starfighter
  • 9495 Gold Leader's Y-Wing Starfighter
  • 9526 Palpatine's Arrest
  • 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor
  • 9497 Republic Striker-class Starfighter

The reason that I'm getting the X-wing and Y-Wing now is because I wasn't going to get them originally, but I got the TIE-fighter and they were on sale, so I couldn't resist :laugh:

I'm also planning on getting the Dengar and IG-88 minifigs from the UCS SSD set so I can complete my OT bounty hunter collection :wub:

I've yet to get Jabba's Palace because it's so overpriced *huh* , but I'll probably get it for Christmas when it's a little cheaper :grin:

Edited by bendog2008

I purchased 9496 Desert Skiff on September 1, 2012 at the LEGO store in Cincinnati, Ohio. I also got $10.00 off by redeeming my LEGO VIP points so total cost after tax was $15.96!

Just picked up anakins interceptor, the skiff, and another clone battle pack from the Lego store in Orlando, and ordered the pod racers from amazon at 20 dollars off. The builds for the the first two were fun, and you can never have too many BARCs and ARF troopers. The rest of the figs are great too

Just picked up 9497 Republic Striker, 8089 Hoth Wampa Cave, 8092 Luke's Landspeeder. Also earlier in August Picked up 9496 Desert Skiff and 9489 Endor Battle Pack

I don't buy Star Wars often but I just got Jabba's Palace and the Skiff. I mostly bought them for the minifigures and will maybe not even build the Palace and build my own (if I have enough pieces of those colors).

They should arrive the day after I get four teeth pulled. Had to give me something to do during a potential recovery.

Edited by BrickG

I don't buy Star Wars often but I just got Jabba's Palace and the Skiff. I mostly bought them for the minifigures and will maybe not even build the Palace and build my own (if I have enough pieces of those colors).

They should arrive the day after I get four teeth pulled. Had to give me something to do during a potential recovery.

Ouch! Hope you enjoy your recovery better than the tooth pulling! :tongue:

I also have recently bought both sets, the skiff in Manchesters Lego Shop, the other in Toys R Us in Glasgow (I travel a lot). I also bought both for the minifigures, and have made random stuff out of the palace, mainly becuase there is no more room on my Lego shelves for it!

Found a Republic Frigate (7964) today, and it was on sale for $74. I went ahead and picked it right up. Anyone else think I got a good deal? I am not so much a fan of the new clone wars genre so it is mulling about in my head still :P

One of the planet sets : the Endor moon with the ATST. I bought it mainly on impulse as a "desk decoration" piece, but again as with the Death Star and TIE set I did buy a couple of months ago, this turned out to be a nice little gem. The minifig is an interesting addition to my imperial troops, the model itself uses some nice SNOTting, and it even includes a printed piece for the cockpits front / windows...

Strange how Lego manages to include prints in those small sets, but insists on using stickers in the bigger and more expensive sets.

(a bit off topic, but see also the LP of the CMF 8 diskjockey versus the stickers for the record in the haunted house... why??)

Last night I ordered the complete first planet series.

Found a Republic Frigate (7964) today, and it was on sale for $74. I went ahead and picked it right up. Anyone else think I got a good deal? I am not so much a fan of the new clone wars genre so it is mulling about in my head still :P

Heck yeah, that's a good deal! I got lucky too recently and picked it up on sale for $80 myself.