KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Lego 7666 and a few battle packs. It happens I have a pair of sealed 8129 sitting around for weeks so when the new Hoth set comes out, I'd be ready for huge display.

I just bought the geonosian starfighter, as you can see in my review. I plan on getting the podracers and/or sith infiltrator soon.

Sith Nightspeeder

Geonosis Starfighter

Sith Infiltrator

Anakin and Sebulba's Podracers

Republic Cruiser

Milennium Falcon

Wow - take care or you'll end up as a hoarder. :laugh:

Too late! :cry_sad:

I'm buying the house next door as my current house is overrun with my hobbies (Lego being one of them). Made a deal not to bring any Lego into the new house and keep it all in the old one. Very pathetic, I know.

I'm buying the house next door as my current house is overrun with my hobbies (Lego being one of them). Made a deal not to bring any Lego into the new house and keep it all in the old one. Very pathetic, I know.

*huh* Please say that's sarcasm :oh3:

*huh* Please say that's sarcasm :oh3:

Sadly no. I've filled up my current house and five storage rooms. It's an extreme solution, but I think it was the best one in my situation.

Sadly no. I've filled up my current house and five storage rooms. It's an extreme solution, but I think it was the best one in my situation.

wow!! you are the 1st person i heard/read who buys a house to keep ur lego! :laugh::thumbup:

i would have thought the extreme solution will be selling off the lesser favourites of ur collection.

I think we have first prize for most dedicated Lego fan here! :laugh:

wow!! you are the 1st person i heard/read who buys a house to keep ur lego! :laugh::thumbup:

i would have thought the extreme solution will be selling off the lesser favourites of ur collection.

While to the AFOL community that might seem the extreme solution, sadly, the populace at large might consider it the "sensible" solution - and to those of us unable to buy overspill-houses - an ever-present threat.....

and to wander ALMOST back on-topic, I was happy to find, amongst a random job-lot of lego pieces from a recent successful bid on e-bay, an almost complete yoda's hut and a couple of less common minifigs - not exactly a SET as such, but a pleasant bonus...

Oh my! *huh*

Hat's off - a whole house :wub:

Do share pics of the setup in your old house.

Wow. *checks calendar* No, it's not April Fools.

I too would love to see some pics of the new and improved setup of the old house once you move into the new one.

While it may sound cool, trust me - pics would just leave you wondering how anyone could let themselves go that far. Kind of like watching one of those hoarding shows. It leaves you feeling a bit sad and icky. Given the large size, everything is bagged and/or boxed up, so it's not very interesting to look at.

Even fans would question my collection. I had a Star Wars fan ask me what I would possibly do with 20 AT-ATs when the Empire only used like 4-5 on Hoth. Recently I had Lego collectors question why I would own 35,000 castle helmets.

That said, sometime this summer, I'm hoping to hire some day laborers to set-up a display of at least some of my mini-figures for me. I think I'll start with Space and Pirate as they are much more manageable size-wise.

While it may sound cool, trust me - pics would just leave you wondering how anyone could let themselves go that far. Kind of like watching one of those hoarding shows. It leaves you feeling a bit sad and icky. Given the large size, everything is bagged and/or boxed up, so it's not very interesting to look at.

Even fans would question my collection. I had a Star Wars fan ask me what I would possibly do with 20 AT-ATs when the Empire only used like 4-5 on Hoth. Recently I had Lego collectors question why I would own 35,000 castle helmets.

That said, sometime this summer, I'm hoping to hire some day laborers to set-up a display of at least some of my mini-figures for me. I think I'll start with Space and Pirate as they are much more manageable size-wise.

I understand how you feel. My collection only spans one wall, but even then I get comments from some people that visit of "Why?"...or if they don't say it, you know they're thinking it. If your collection is as big as you're describing it, then I bet everyone gives you a few negative comments. All I hope is that you can afford all these sets and aren't hurting your family by buying so many. Be glad that they hold their value relatively well, if you had to sell them you could make a lot money.

That said, definitely post some pictures. We're all envious of such a huge collection here.

A bit of an oldie, but I recently found it in a Borders. They have another one and I may go back for the other.

7748 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid

Edited by Legocrazy81

While it's not necessarily a purchase yet, the wife has given the go-ahead on the Death Star. I'm just keeping an eye out, hoping it will drop below retail before selling out anywhere.

PS- I'm a long-time lurker here on the forum, but figured I should finally join in on the fun! Just recently got back into SW Lego in the past year or so.

Today I cleaned out a local Kmart of clearance sale LEGO stuff:

4x 8089 Wampa Cave (left just 1 behind, the box was ripped and could be missing something)

:wub: only $27.20 USD each

6x 8084 Snowtrooper battle packs (none left behind)

:wub: $8 each

11x 8083 Rebel Trooper battle pack (none left behind)

:wub: also $8 each

So check your local Kmart. This haul is perfect to go with my older Hoth set and the upcoming new Hoth set.

I also got in a box of mixed lot off eBay that were mostly Star Wars. I'll let this post I made earlier show my haul: http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=548662 Too soon to see if I can complete any sets yet but it looks like I can complete the X-Wing, Tie Defender, A-Wing from Mon set, and Imperial Landing Craft. Larger sets seems to be missing a few small pieces and from the look of messy sticker application, it was probably played with by an 8 year old child.

Nice finds! :wink:

It sounds like Kmart is the place to check out right now. None of the other stores in my area have started clearing room for the summer sets yet.

Nice finds! :wink:

It sounds like Kmart is the place to check out right now. None of the other stores in my area have started clearing room for the summer sets yet.

Yeah. If there's major competitor near Kmart (such as Walmart), Kmart's clearance sale tended to go unnoticed for days and possibly weeks.

With a bunch of Wampas, it'd be perfect for that trap scene that never made it to the movie.

Edited by Lego Otaku

I recently bought all of the summer wave sets. Have only built the Ewok Attack so far, though.

Treated myself with 5 Kit Fisto keychains for the price of 1.

(plus a lot of tan parts in the PaB for at desert like project I'm doing with Morten)