KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Walmart had the 8028 mini tie-fighter and 30051 mini x-wing around Easter so I picked up a couple of those. I was very surprised to see them, it was completely unexpected. Before that I picked up Battle of Naboo and Imperial V-Wing last December. Just waiting for the summer sets to come out now. Still a few months away.

just ordered the new sith nightspeeder and the geonisian fighter from a dutch seller on bricklink, even with shipping the sets will be cheaper than buying them at the local toy shop. (i think denmark must be one of the most expensive places to buy lego)

seing Marshall bananas sandcrawler, made me want the 10144 but pricess on ebay.co.uk and bricklink are pretty high. but found a listing on german ebay, contacted the german seller and asked if he would ship to denmark. he would happyli do so and even asked if i would like a buy it now option, so he sold the set to me at a very reasonable price. yesterday DHL was here to deliver the package. i wasnt home so i will have to wait to friday when DHL will redeliver.

I've bought the $400 Death Star multiple times, because I forgot I already owned one. So yeah, I have a terrible memory.

Really? Wow, that's hardcore collecting :laugh:

I don't recall doing that to a set that size.

I know I've bought multiples of several other Star Wars sets, especially Battle Packs and sets that I've wanted to keep a MISB version of.

What did you do to the extra Death Star?

Keep MISB or sell?

Mine was an AT-ST (7657), and the next and probably last will be the new Falcon, along with some extra bits to try and mod it into a better shape.

Really? Wow, that's hardcore collecting :laugh:

I don't recall doing that to a set that size.

I know I've bought multiples of several other Star Wars sets, especially Battle Packs and sets that I've wanted to keep a MISB version of.

Keep MISB or sell?

Or build a fleet of Death Stars. :D

Or build a fleet of Death Stars. :D

If only Emperor Palpatine had thought of that.

I think the last set I bought properly was 7915 Imperial V-Wing. I don't normally buy PT sets but I wanted R2-Q5 and it had a 30% reduction - I decided it was worth it for the droid and the parts rather than pay BL or eBay prices. On the same day I also bought the Hoth rebel battle pack, Mando battle pack and Clone battle pack from a different shop - in order to get my hands on three shiney white Boba Fetts :sweet: .

Other than that I won 30051 Mini X-Wing & 30054 Mini AT-ST on eBay. Originally these were 'free' give-aways with the Sun newspaper but it's cheaper for me to bid than spend £5 petrol per day to collect from my nearest TRU.

A minute ago I bought 7913 Clone Trooper Battle Pack; only for the parts for a hoverbike I'm working on. Yay for orange! :laugh:

Just finished building my 7965 Millennium Falconâ„¢ that I bought Monday.

What a nice build and the model is larger then I expected.

Just finished building my 7965 Millennium Falconâ„¢ that I bought Monday.

What a nice build and the model is larger then I expected.

Can you upload some pictures and comments about the set? We still don't have a review...

A few days ago I found the 8024 Clone Walker Battle pack at a Ross store. For those that don't know Ross is a discount store that usually features clearance and discontinued merchandise from other stores. I ended up getting it for $7US because the box was ripped open. The only thing missing was the sticker sheet with the republic symbols, but it's not big deal. I mainly wanted it for the mini figs.

Keep MISB or sell?

I keep pretty much everything. With Lego, I figure it doesn't hurt to have extra sets, which is why my house and five storage rooms are filled with stuff.

Sadly, I once forgot I bought a laptop computer and found it unopened over a year later. :cry_sad:

Well I will start with just my last 2 months purchases. :laugh:

Sets

14 Clone Battle Packs

1 Republic Fighter Tank

1 Separatist Spider Droid

1 Republic Swamp Speeder

1 Brickmaster Mini Slave 1

5 Battle of Naboo

2 BrickMaster Mini Bounty Hunter Gunship

14 Shadow ARF troopers (13 from BL)

1 Brickmaster mini Turbo Tank (I wanted another one to keep MISB)

1 Brickmaster mini Venator (I also wanted another one of these to keep MISB) :laugh:

Minifigs

1 Wicket

31 plain CW clones

10 ARF troopers

10 Horn Company Troopers (the ones with the sand green printing)

Wow. 14 Clone BPs and 51 total loose Clone Troopers?! I'd love to see an updated Clone army pic from you... :wacko:

I keep pretty much everything. With Lego, I figure it doesn't hurt to have extra sets, which is why my house and five storage rooms are filled with stuff.

Sadly, I once forgot I bought a laptop computer and found it unopened over a year later. :cry_sad:

Wow - take care or you'll end up as a hoarder. :laugh:

I wish I had the space and money to get every LEGO part and set I wanted.

I can only hope to get a room dedicated to LEGO when I eventually move into a house.

Wow - take care or you'll end up as a hoarder. :laugh:

I wish I had the space and money to get every LEGO part and set I wanted.

I can only hope to get a room dedicated to LEGO when I eventually move into a house.

yes, I have a very small flat, and most flat surfaces have lego on them..... after searching I finally found Madoka's bricklink gallery, I imagine the collection has grown a bit - any recent pics anywhere?

to get back to the subject, my most recent purchase was probably the deathstar, using accrued VIP points it wasn't as painful as I feared - now all I have to do is find time and space to assemble it.... I THOUGHT I'd bought some of the new wave from amazon.fr - as the site didn't have an "available from" date on it, but once I'd placed the order it THEN announced they weren't actually available yet.... I may cancel and wait for them to appear on S@H - as I see the nightspeeder and geonosian fighter have appeared, albeit still "unavailable" - and that means I can get more VIP points ... :laugh:

Last purchase was a bit of a splurge! Bought my boy the Bounty hunter gunship as a present for doing well with his swimming lessons (he's 4), then he wanted me to have one so i "begrudgingly" bought myself the T6 Jedi shuttle.......... then we both thought that the the missus was left out so we got her Grievous's starfighter.

Was a good day!

My recent purchase was the T-6 shuttle when the wave first came out. My hope for the next purchase is the Republic Frigate. Along with some other from this next wave.

My recent purchase was the Grievous Starfighter for the May the 4th sale.

Really happy with my purchase :classic:

My next targets are the smaller 2011 winter sets before I see the summer sets in stores :classic:

Most recent SW purchase was on the 4th, I picked up the Tantive IV and Cad Bane's Speeder. That put me over the top to get 2 shadow ARF troopers.

More recently, I felt around for 3 hazmat guys, 1 hockey goalie and 1 berserker from series 4.

I picked up the AT-AT for the Shadow ARF trooper. I bought Mace's Starfighter off ebay, and finally picked up the Battle of Naboo.

Uhh I think it was Battle of Naboo.

Did score a nice deal from a teen in Colorado. Got a near mint Republic Gunship plus 3 jawas, a sand green scout trooper, and the old AT-AT for $60. Best money I have ever spent. :laugh:

Just bought the new summer wave today:

1x 7956 Ewok Attack

1x 7957 Dathomir Speeder

2x 7959 Geonosian Starfighter (1x MISB)

1x 7961 Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator

1x 7962 Anakin's and Sebulba's Podracers

1x 7964 Republic Frigate

2x 7965 Millennium Falcon (1x MISB)

...and added a non-starwars item: 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge :blush:

How am I going to explain the big box that will be delivered in a few days :grin:

Edited by Future74

Finally plunged for the 10188 Death Star - can't wait to start building it. The box is unbelievably heavy!

I just bought four Lego 10188 Death Stars from lego online shop in the UK. I bought two of them and gave the money to a friend to buy me another two. One is for me and the other three are a future investment, I plan to put them away for a year or so. Once production ends all things being well they will make a fortune.

I also bought two Lego Star Wars dictionary's, two 8084 Snow Trooper Battle packs, two 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle packs, one 8089 Hoth Wampa Cave and one 7749 Echo Base.

My plan is to build one of the Death Stars and put it in a good quality display case. As for the other sets I plan to make a diorama of Hoth with an AT-AT.