Sign in to follow this  
GabryS

Renovations

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Poland, June 1945. Those, who survived war are back home... if there is any. The damages caused by bombs and mortars have to be repaired. Renovations will take long time to complete, but the people can look forward now. Alive, safe, free. They have their country back now.

Small dio for the "LEGO Military Annual Build Competition" on flickr - "aftermath" Dio category

5781786722_f99574491c_z.jpg

5781772324_f9d665f6e1_z.jpg

5781757442_2d1e40b664_z.jpg

Stork is somethink that I'm especially proud of.

More photos in gallery.

Comment are welcome.

Cheers, GabryS

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

This is some serious stuff! The house, plus the billowing smoke are really highly detailed. Not to mention that stork. Great work here.

Excellent work, GabryS!

The stork is fantastic, and the scarecrow, the smoke coming out of the chimney and the roof being mended are great details. And the house itself is a treat :thumbup:

But most of all I love the tree outside the house, which I presume is a birch tree?

That stork is stunning...and I really like the sideways brick idea for your front door. It really adds some textural interest.

Thanks for the comments. Yes, KartoffelViking it is birch tree - I'm glad someone recognized it ;D

Dude, that's genius. Perfect in every detail, from the run-down look of the cottage, the haphazard landscaping of the dirt road, to the disconsolate looks on the villagers' faces. You should be very proud of this! :wub:

Nice smoke, too! And of course the stork is lovely. :thumbup:

Impressive build GarbryS! You really captured the post-war ran-down look of this cottage perfectly, and the various detailing (roof patchwork, chimney smoke, stork nest) are very realistic. Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments. Yes, KartoffelViking it is birch tree - I'm glad someone recognized it ;D

Hehe, I know a good birch tree when I see one :laugh:

Stork is somethink that I'm especially proud of.

Cheers, GabryS

Theres a lot more to be proud of here too! Love the broken glass window, and the scarecrow. Plus it's just a great idea for a scene too. Very well done :thumbup:

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

It's not that I'm not proud anythink but stork it's just that I'm a bit more, cos I believe nobody has built it before me. Thank You guys for comments.

Edited by GabryS

This is fantastic, the details are very nicely done. The roof just look correct, it's hard to explain. More than just random greebles.

I wonder if the History forum would have been a better fit for such a Military/Historic MOC.

Regardless of where it is, it's awesome.

You have every right to be proud of that stork. I also adore the pole you've put him on, I dunno why, it's simple, but easy to recognize. The motor hole in the yard is a nice touch, and the scarecrow across the way helps to set a rather drab feel. Also, the cloths on the fence make me very happy. I could go on and on, it's the attention to small realistic details that make this MOC for me.

What part is the neck of the stork? I love it!

I wonder if the History forum would have been a better fit for such a Military/Historic MOC.

Shut it, Cammo! It's a fabulous MOC and it's stayin' 'ere. Grrr! :laugh:

Actually, you have a good point. I've indexed it under Military - it's in a bit of a grey area - but if Gabry$ feels strongly either way, I'm sure he'll let us know :classic:

What part is the neck of the stork? I love it!

It's this part - ninjago skeleton's arm.

Shut it, Cammo! It's a fabulous MOC and it's stayin' 'ere. Grrr! :laugh:

Actually, you have a good point. I've indexed it under Military - it's in a bit of a grey area - but if Gabry$ feels strongly either way, I'm sure he'll let us know :classic:

In fact it was built as military - this is the reason I've put it here, but I don't mind transfering it. Do what You feel is right.

Thanx for the comments

Edited by GabryS