Sign in to follow this  
______

HMS Maverick

thindexedgif.gif 104B

The HMS Maverick, a frigate bearing 14 guns on deck. She is a British ship of the line used

primarily for hunting pirate ships, just recently bringing the Devil's Serpent down to Davy

Jones' Locker. Her sister ship is the imperial flagship, together they have brought down many

a pirate ship. :pir-classic:

Well this is my latest ship, the HMS Maverick. I am always trying to become that one level higher every time I build a new ship and this ship is no different. With help from Captain Green Hair's Build a Frigate and many other help from other members' techniques.

So I bring you the HMS Maverick.

5777315074_b5aa67328b_z.jpg

Here we see the ship in all it's glory.

5776777169_28c3e3ca74_z.jpg

5777311658_fef27e85b8.jpg

5777321080_905a8cffcc_z.jpg

Recycled figurehead from Devil's Serpent!

5776789057_4a5078f30d.jpg

5777343590_242dcaeb87.jpg

I love this picture as it really emphasizes the curve on the side of the ship.

Well that is the HMS Maverick, more can be seen on my flickr and as always Comments and Criticism are highly appreciated!

5777424278_876b4feb4b.jpg

:jollyroger:

EDIT: Right after 3 weeks here is the Mod as promised, I am sorry it is really, really belated I just completed my GCSE's

5909288401_668904e875.jpg

5909286205_4f862b6b9b.jpg

P.S. Also mods can you change the topic name to "UPDATED:HMS Maverick" please?

Oh, looks nice, lovely design, congrats.

your troops eat ostriches and frogs?... interesting :pir-tongue:

Edited by Brig. Brick

:pirate_sad2: sorry for bother you... is me or are you missing the photos?

Just added, misclikced and had to edit stuff. :pir-sceptic:

Nice looking ship! Though technically she wouldn't be a ship, she's a brig, a ship would need 3 masts while a brig only has 2. And a ship-of-the-line, in the British navy anyways, would need a minimum of 50 guns on 2 gundecks. Otherwise she would be a frigate or other post-ship, which would not take place in the line of battle. This article details the rating system of British ships, even though it is on wikipedia it is accurate I assure you :pir-classic:

It is a very nice design though with nice custom sails. The stern to me looks a little plain and could use some work, maybe space the lanterns farther apart. I like the gundecks and the brick built anchor too :thumbup: Good work mate!

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

Otherly nice desing exept the stern :pir-sceptic: I think you should rebuild it totally, and watch some inspiration from Achille`s stern. Right now its just looking too bulky if thats the word im looking for. And also the gunports could be whit the curve, again see some MOC ships like Vesta and Ahille. Otherly than that its a good ship

Edited by Captain Becker

Thank you people, Dread Pirate Wesley and Captain Becker I will be changing the stern soon, don't know about gunports though, it would take a while and I would have to redo lots of rigging.

EDIT:After looking at Achille it would seem I definately rushed the stern a bit, mine lacks any splendor, I think I know what I will be doing during revising breaks :pir-classic:

Edited by halfpenguinhalflego

It's a nice ship allready, yes the stern could use some more work, as you mentioned yourself, so I won't comment anymore on that and wait for the new versions you'll present.

I really like that you use string rigging and knotting for the cross strings, I myself gave up on that and started glueing, so you've got my respect for that! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I would add another staysail,the space above the first one looks a bit empty.

As for the bowprit, I think three yards are a bit much for a ship of that size :) But that's my point of view...

One small thing about the accurate classification of your ship, with 14 guns she wouldn't be rated a ship of the line or even a frigate, most likely a "unrated" Gun-Brig or Cutter, but since it's lego It doesn't matter that much. (Even if some of us could be quite accurate about those tings :pir_laugh2:)

But overall great work so far, nice pictures and I'll wait interested until you redone the stern! Keep briggin'!

Nice ship Halfpenguinhalflego. Its nice to see the improvement through your ships, it really shows. The front looks really detailed, and I feel like the back is a little bare.

Great job :thumbup:

Stern is starting to look quite good already! Maybe a day or two and it will be finito!

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Oh, looks nice, lovely design, congrats.

your troops eat ostriches and frogs?... interesting :pir-tongue:

As per the usual on my ships :pir-tongue:

Right I have (finally) updated the stern of the ship, you can see it in the first post, sorry it took so long I had my GCSE's to worry about :pir_laugh2: