Sign in to follow this  
quy

MOC: Library and Botanical Garden

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This is a creation that took about a month to complete. It is a diorama-sized minifigure scale interior of part of a building, measuring approximately 50 studs long by 20 studs deep.

It is a peculiar subject since it was adapted from the unpopular anime series GOSICK, set within a fictional European country in the 1920s. This particular building is a tower library, with a circular interior, and what is shown here is just a section of the top floor of the tower.

Most of the top floor is covered by a botanical garden, with a wide variety of plants. The stairs lead up to the top floor from the next lowest floor.

5772876947_ae7e212c00_z.jpg

図書館 & 植物園 by quý, on Flickr

The top floor is lit by a wall of windows. You can also see the elevator well from this angle.

5772875117_38fc95d4fd_z.jpg

Above shot.

5772874283_b05acf9245_z.jpg

The elevator and wood furnishings. Reference picture for the elevator.

5772873659_8e6fff0c98_z.jpg

Here is an overall shot of the entire creation.

5772876487_5017591a16_z.jpg

図書館 & 植物園 (2) by quý, on Flickr

I know this creation isn't perfect (there were many places where I didn't have enough pieces to fix :sceptic: ), but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. :classic: Have a good day!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Hot diggity damn, that's good! :oh::wub:

I love how you've done the floor at forty-five degrees. That must have taken a lot of patience! The overall look is superb, and despite not having all the pieces you wanted, you've managed to create the vast lightness of a botanical garden :wub:

That is a beautiful and amazing MOC, quy! There's so many great techniques used, and it all adds up to a so detour creation. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

This is quite amazing. The subject is great, and I love the profusion of plants - such a riot for the eyes! (in a good way, of course! :thumbup: ) The tiling on the floor is amazing as well. Just beautiful.

Wonderful detailing, particularly the minifig arms in the second floor railings, and the whole build effectively exudes a realistic botanical garden. Beautiful work quy! :thumbup: