Recommended Posts

Your right they are obviously troops of Oleon :pir-laugh:. No seriously wise though. There is mixed opinions. Some people say that the blue coats are the navy for the British. But most people say they represent the French. But they could mean absolutely nothing and lego just made blue and red coats. Hope it helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, azog said:

lego just made blue and red coats

Pff, Lego OBVIOUSLY made Corlander and Olean uniforms in anticipation of the greatness of BoBS! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon this has been discussed earlier in another topic. However, I used to think that this was the case, but now im more open minded so that I dont just narrow it down that the Blues are automatically the french and the Reds as the British. Although I have built an army of 700 POTC Redcoat officers to represent one of the regiments of the British Army,
(I have just forgotten the name of it, maby ill look it up). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now looking at armies, I feel like the old bluecoats with the red  look like the Prussian army. The new bluecoats with the white now look more like French, although they fly the same flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome aboard.  Feel free to introduce yourself.  What do you plan to use the bluecoats for?  They can be anything you want.  My current pirate chess has a bluecoat armed with a baguette, if you want them to be French.   :wink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i plan to use the blue coats just as an army i dont know to make them different from british redcoats or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Captain Becker said:

I reckon this has been discussed earlier in another topic. However, I used to think that this was the case, but now im more open minded so that I dont just narrow it down that the Blues are automatically the french and the Reds as the British. Although I have built an army of 700 POTC Redcoat officers to represent one of the regiments of the British Army,
(I have just forgotten the name of it, maby ill look it up). 

*huh*:wacko::cry_happy:

back to the discussion?

Haven't their admirals and such french names?

Also, they have indeed the Fleur de Lys on its banner.

But then again, it is LEGO, so you can imagine who you want them to be!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha ! :laugh: crucial question!

I always considered them as French soldiers, being French myself, first, and seing they're using the Fleur de Lys royal French Symbol on their flags.

but it's LEGO, so feel free to use them like you want !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, LEGO's storyline has both redcoats and bluecoats as part of the same unnamed European empire. The Bluecoats (though not officially named as such until 2015, following longstanding fan tradition) were the local soldiers serving under Governor Broadside to protect the island colony of Sabatina. The redcoats have always been the Imperial Guards, an elite force personally selected by the King to explore the ocean and protect and retrieve the various treasures hidden on the islands. Their leader was Admiral Woodhouse, though in the US no distinction was made between his minifigure and the earlier Governor Broadside. The long product cycle of the 90s meant that Bluecoat sets were sold in catalogs under the Imperial Guard banner as well. There's a bit of lore to suggest that the relationship between Broadside and Woodhouse isn't one of mutual respect, but they're supposed to be on the same side. ;)

(For that matter, the Imperial Outpost was sold under the colors of the later Imperial Armada, and the LEGO Chess game made no distinction between those two factions. But that's neither here nor there.)

There's obviously no need at all to abide by LEGO's storyline. But I've always been amused that it's just assumed here that the two factions are blood enemies, even though they're virtually identical aside from the colors and their flags even have the same symbol!

TC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, JoBricks said:

are the blue coat soldiers french?

I've merged this topic with a previous topic that has this topic already discussed. 

@kurigan, I don't mean to overstep your bounds, but I think this topic will be recurring and I think the discussion should stay in this one topic. 

I've added this topic to the Index of Long Standing Topics.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2017 at 10:43 AM, Phred said:

I've merged this topic with a previous topic that has this topic already discussed. 

@kurigan, I don't mean to overstep your bounds, but I think this topic will be recurring and I think the discussion should stay in this one topic. 

I've added this topic to the Index of Long Standing Topics.

 

 

Not at all sir. it is I who should be making apologies for not realizing and taking care for this. Thanks for taking care of it in my stead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2017 at 1:55 AM, TalonCard said:

For what it's worth, LEGO's storyline has both redcoats and bluecoats as part of the same unnamed European empire. The Bluecoats (though not officially named as such until 2015, following longstanding fan tradition) were the local soldiers serving under Governor Broadside to protect the island colony of Sabatina. The redcoats have always been the Imperial Guards, an elite force personally selected by the King to explore the ocean and protect and retrieve the various treasures hidden on the islands. Their leader was Admiral Woodhouse, though in the US no distinction was made between his minifigure and the earlier Governor Broadside. The long product cycle of the 90s meant that Bluecoat sets were sold in catalogs under the Imperial Guard banner as well. There's a bit of lore to suggest that the relationship between Broadside and Woodhouse isn't one of mutual respect, but they're supposed to be on the same side. ;)

(For that matter, the Imperial Outpost was sold under the colors of the later Imperial Armada, and the LEGO Chess game made no distinction between those two factions. But that's neither here nor there.)

There's obviously no need at all to abide by LEGO's storyline. But I've always been amused that it's just assumed here that the two factions are blood enemies, even though they're virtually identical aside from the colors and their flags even have the same symbol!

TC

Absolutely agreed. I plainly remember the catalogs here in the USA listing several of the last Imperial Soldiers (classic bluecoats) sets for sale alongside the then-new Imperial Guards (classic redcoats). And the Guards leader was definitely identified as Governor Broadsides here in the states, not Admiral Woodhouse, as identified elsewhere. If the leader was the same man, how could they be enemies, unless he was a traitor? Sure, it was different in other countries, but to the best of my knowledge LEGO never showed them as enemies. It was always Imperials vs Pirates: an obvious good side fighting an obvious bad side.

Make what you want of it; they're toys after all. As TC says, I also find the whole "sworn blood enemies" thing to be highly amusing. Tournaments of Retribution likewise always amused me, just for the ferocious zeal displayed by the two sides.

Too bad the last wave of sets didn't last longer. Those were some really nice bluecoats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use bluecoats as colonists from Legoland.  And I use redcoats as navy and/or treasure and pirate hunters.

I have noticed the redcoats have two ships and the bluecoats only have one, but the bluecoats have more forts/outposts.  Some people think both of them might be British.  It really doesn't matter what anyone calls them because they are just toys to be used with imagination for fun. So there is no need to argue one way or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.