Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

Regarding Viking Prototypes (Longboat)

Now, we've all seen the prototype:

7018b.jpg

but while browsing Brickshelf today, I saw what looks to be an even earlier prototype...and I haven't seen this before. Does anyone have any knowledge of this, or am I just really tired? :-P

here

*drools about the axes and beards* Even the horns were nicer...

I think the linked image is indeed the first prototype (earlier to the picture above). And in parts, I would have preferred the prototype to the finished product, namely fig-wise and snake-wise (come on! The damn monster looks terrifying!). Although it has its downsides: even more ridiculous horns, even more ridiculous longswords, the boat isn't so well designed... but the figs hold the old ribbed round-shields! Which would be fantastic to see them return! Well and the beards of course...they look as if they were specifically intended for Dwarves...yet there are no Lego-Dwarves up to now (which is a damn shame!). Well rest assured, the pic is already known to the public and you haven't missed anything important.

okay, I just remember the first picture linked (what I guess is the second prototype?), so I wondered if anyone knew about it. Thanks, someone can lock this now :-)

that isn't lego (too many "special pieces") *n*

i personally much rather have that prototype... mainly because of the hull... Its system pirates hull! and a wide, in a new color (red and yellw)

though the serpent head is much cooler, the body is a bunch of elephant bodies... and not those cool joints that can be used to make exoforce mobile suits... which is where my serpant is right now lol.... if i only had enough green...