AFOLEGODT

AFOLEGODT's MOCs and MODs

indexed.gif V-LI-06F

Hi LEGO enthusiasts,

I started this topic to collect and share my creations. I plan to have only this one topic for all of them, and I will ad them gradually.

About my build style:

- It fits the current City line style and proportions

- I value simple and effective design more over small details achieved by a high number of bricks

- Therefore I am not againts special parts applied at the right places

- LEGO apparently tries to optimize for best result with the least number and kinds of parts, so do I, but I allow myself more freedom

- I even allow myself using out-of-production parts that are not really replaceable or I just find them most appropriate

- Creations should be robust and playable

- I also like adding features to official LEGO creations, even with slight modifications

Okay, I decided to edit this first post a little so that it has strictly Town items, I have a topic for trains anyway.

First I go with a personal favourite of me. I spent some time doing some research, designing and collecting optimal parts in the right color (typically can take months for rare parts).

It is a John Deere 4WD (big) tractor in City Farm style and proportions (even the hook is compatible). There is some unusual and nonstandard parts usage there (like the wheel/tire combination):p1000654.jpg

(Image is link)

Feel free to criticise quality, to ask for more pictures or build instructions any time. Now I just tried to upload as many creations as I could.

The shunter I published originally for those who missed it:

p1000533.jpg

(Image is link)

(Sorry for the background, I will find better soon)

Edited by Phred

AWESOME shunter 'AFOLEGODT', we do have a seperate forum for trains though. :wink:

But still it's very nice, PF and all....oh, the silver curved roof is a huge :thumbup:

Brick On 'AFOLEGODT' ! :grin:

Thank you!

I thought trains fit perfectly into the town theme but according to your suggestion I will avoid them here and start another topic for them in the Train theme.

From now on I will only non-train MOCs and MODs here as soon as brickshelf makes them public.

Very nice train and yes it does belong over in our neighbor forum,

You have a great Moc style, I think it is great that you build like the designers. :classic:

Excellent and compact! Imrpessive with so much in so little space. -and the loco looks good!

Thank you, I cleaned this topic and will handle the two themes separately from now on.

A simple technical question: as I add more creations should I either

1. modify the first post so it grows bigger and bigger but stays on top

2. answer my last post every time so new additions go to the bottom

Thank you for your suggestions in advance.

Very nice train and yes it does belong over in our neighbor forum,

You have a great Moc style, I think it is great that you build like the designers. :classic:

Thank you, I cleaned this topic and will handle the two themes separately from now on.

A simple technical question: as I add more creations should I either

1. modify the first post so it grows bigger and bigger but stays on top

2. answer my last post every time so new additions go to the bottom

Thank you for your suggestions in advance.

Its a good idea to post the updates in the comments like LT does because then it will tell people that

a new reply from you is there, when reviewing in parts like I am right now you should just update the first post. :classic:

Nice John Deere and cloth sheet. The double wheels give it that look of power. :classic:

indexed.gif B-OV-36D

Thank you for you help!

What about a little 7747 Wind Turbine motorization?

p1000675.jpg

(Image is link)

I always liked the Vestas one for its functionality but as soon as I succeeded motorizing 7747 without changing proportions considerably I am maximally satisfied with the result. I even think 7747 has better proportions for a typical Town layout than the Vestas which is just huge.

indexed.gif V-LV-36F

Let's get back to the city from the farm: I'll show a small city car this time which is a bit larger than the official small car with Smart-like proportions but smaller than standard city cars. I tried to give it a modern form we regulary see on the streets nowadays.

p1000555.jpg

(Image is link)

Very nice updates! The car and wind mill are very beautiful, also the tractor. :thumbup:

I have a comment about the first post:

You may want to change it back to the train, even if it does not belong here because all the comments about

the train here will seem completely random. :wink:

Tractor - AWESOME, blue car - CUTE and retro TV van - again AWESOME.....'AFOLEGODT' you are an excellent builder and designer.....Brick On ! :grin:

Your TV van reminds me of the Fisher Price Adventure People TV Action Team van from the late 70's. Nicely done!

indexed.gif V-LC-19F, V-LV-33D, V-A-03A

Let me show another remake, a post van with current City truck proportions. It is not extremely interesting but I think it is ok:

p1000617.jpg

(Image is link)

I decided to share another older, a SUV resembling Land Rover Sport. At the time of the build there were'nt many different colors available, but this seems also popular among owners:

p1000642.jpg

(Image is link)

Note the engine and interior detail too:

p1000646.jpg

p1000647.jpg

Ok, I have time to introduce another rather old build of mine: A light aircraft known as Wilga which is easily distinguishable by its unique form:

p1000666.jpg

(Image is link)

Perhaps the most interesting part is how perfectly the engine and the windscreen fit together altought they were never designed to used like this:

p1000668.jpg

I think it would be great to add some yellow stickers to the back windscreen to make it more realistic but I did not found a suitable piece yet, though I am open for ideas where to get it from (which set's sticker sheet).

(Sorry for the pilot, I should have built a more realistic one, this is just a leftover)

Edited by Phred
Triple post merged

Interesting creations AFOLEGODT, the 6661 is instantly recognisable and it's a nice "City" version of the classic town set.

Next time though, please use the edit button when you want to post additional things/photos during a short period of time instead of double (or triple in that case) posting. Thanks. :classic:

Thank you!

Some more newer MOCs:

A truck with green cab and the vertical windscreen which I think is used more realistically than 4643 Power Boat Transporter with its seat and steering wheel placed too high:

p1000604.jpg

(Image is link)

It also has a lifgate which unfortunatelty has never been a play option in any of TLG official sets AFAIK:

p1000607.jpg

To be honest, mine isn't perfect as it cannot hold its own weight when opened and needs a stud to hold in closed position too, but it looks quite realistic I think.

Maybe a classic Ikarus bus is also interesting:

p1000632.jpg

(Image is link)

It has no perfect proportions as far as the original is concerned, but it fits current city better this way.

A useful addition to the business jet theme is a luxury van serving as a mobile office for workaholic businessmen:

p1000588.jpg

(Image is link)

I extremely like the 3222 Helicopter and limusine so I came up with a classic business plane with 3222 colors and stickers:

p1000577.jpg

(Image is link)

Edited by AFOLEGODT

Some more excellent and interesting designs from you 'AFOLEGODT', I like the mirror on the green truck....dam it, why haven't I try mirrors with that modified brick before. :blush:

Keep up the AWESOME vehicle building and Brick On Truck On ! :grin:

Thank you! Actually the mirror could be reversed, maybe it looked better that way, but I rarely consider any of my MOCs finished, there is always room for improvement.

I'll post the last batch now, after that I'll have to continue taking photos again, hopefully with a better background and lighting.

First a car which should be easily recognizable by any car lover:

p1000565.jpg

(Image is link)

Then a very simple car, where only the color is unusual:

p1000571.jpg

(Image is link)

Two similarly styled vans, first a small bus:

p1000624.jpg

(Image is link)

Then the service van of the telephone company:

p1000637.jpg

(Image is link)

I have to admit that I liked the taxis in 7937 Train Station very much, I already have two of them without even opening 7937 box, but I thought that a more traditional car with enough space for a passenger and with the same color scheme might be also good:

p1000648.jpg

(Image is link)

Edited by AFOLEGODT

I love the mini-bus, totally realistic.....one of your best 'AFOLEGODT' and remember to Brick On again and again ! :grin:

Wow, you've got some fantastic MOC's. That John Deere tractor looks fantastic.

I like a lot of your cars, but I find the Porsche the most interesting. I'm not all that fond of the final result (there's something a bit blocky about the front end, and the roof isn't working for me), but there are some very good ideas in there - like using that 33-slope front windscreen for a rear window and the 45-slope for the front. I can't believe I haven't thought of that before, it's just perfect and screams 'Porsche'. I'm going to fiddle around a bit with those ideas and see what I can come up with - if you don't mind :)