AFOLEGODT

AFOLEGODT's MOCs and MODs

Hi!

Of course I do not mind, I even encourage anyone to use any part of my MOCs or MODs for ideas - like I do with creations of other LEGO builders.

I have been building for a couple of years (not very intensively), but I just recently decided to share my creations, so that others maybe get some inspiration.

I think sometimes even seeing a rare color (like the reddish brown car) on a simple build can be interesting.

Motivation is different for each build, sometimes something is badly missing in the city (TV and Post van, the blue small car which is bigger than a Smart), or I build a complete model around one or more details (like in case of Porsche or the nose of small bus and telephone van), sometimes I just have some leftover parts to build around.

Some of my creations are not photographed yet and some builds are in progress, I hope you'll like them.

As far as Porsche is concerned, I also find the front blocky, I just cannot go on experimenting indefinitely. It is just an unusual build, it is robust and is visually close to what I expected, so I just stopped now. I think a build is never really finished, there is always place for improvement especially as TLG regularly comes out with new molds - just think about the possibilities with the new Cars parts. :wink:

I like a lot of your cars, but I find the Porsche the most interesting. I'm not all that fond of the final result (there's something a bit blocky about the front end, and the roof isn't working for me), but there are some very good ideas in there - like using that 33-slope front windscreen for a rear window and the 45-slope for the front. I can't believe I haven't thought of that before, it's just perfect and screams 'Porsche'. I'm going to fiddle around a bit with those ideas and see what I can come up with - if you don't mind :)

Hi again!

An older MOC, not inspired by 10220-1: Volkswagen T1 Camper Van as I did not know of at the time of construction, the same color scheme is pure coincidence:

p1000719.jpg

A typical bobcat was missing from the construction theme:

p1000702.jpg

This boat is very old:

p1000741.jpg

Just like this motorized hovercraft:

p1000727.jpg

There cannot be enough civilian vehicles in the town, so two family cars follow:

p1000712.jpg

p1000771.jpg

And finally a relatively new construction, a garbage truck:

p1000778.jpg

I think if TLG produces a new garbage truck this year or next it should look something like this so the new windscreen part can be reused.

Hi again!

Hi again!

And finally a relatively new construction, a garbage truck:

p1000778.jpg

I think if TLG produces a new garbage truck this year or next it should look something like this so the new windscreen part can be reused.

Now compare 4432 to mine. TLG designers made slighty different decisions regarding the details but the base model is the same. A more fundamental difference is that they are less afraid of more colorful models (even if they sometimes seem chaotic - they have to work within a tighter budget after all) while I try to carefully select parts of the same color to keep overall look consistent.

The car from 4435 also has similar design and color scheme to my family car but I did not have the new roof piece so had to go with the old ones and a longer chassis.

I plan to upload a few new MOCs and MODs soon, stay tuned.

Funny, great minds must think alike ! :laugh:

In any case catching up with your latest work, the bobcat and garbage truck very impressive ! :thumbup:

Brick On Truck On 'AFOLEGODT' ! :classic:

Hi again,

I have some more creations to share.

First a light police helicopter (which was missing from the police station). I know there will be one light police heli next year but mine seats two policemen. I modelled it based on Bell 47:

p1010249.jpg

(Image is link to gallery)

And a popular one nowadays, I could not resist to make the Unimog in minifig scale. I know windshield should be slightly inclined but still this seemed to be the best approximation. Snow plow also elevates but two be honest it is quite fragile:

p1010277.jpg

Oh, that's an old school chopper.....smegging AWESOME 'AFOLEGODT' and then there is the Unimog....I was going to try and make one of those....dam, beaten to the punch.....again AWESOME, totally ! :excited:

The designs are very Lego, what an actual set would look like.....Brick On Fly On Drive On 'AFOLEGODT' ! :excited:

The yellow wheels on the John Deere tractor. Are they painted? I can not find a Bricklink reference for yellow ones.

The yellow wheels on the John Deere tractor. Are they painted? I can not find a Bricklink reference for yellow ones.

Hi!

No, I never paint parts. It is just a little trick which works nicely. Wheel is this one:

56145.jpg?0

(56145, image is link)

With two of the following tyres:

56898.jpg?1

(56898, image is link)

At the beginning I was worried how to build yellow tractor wheels but after some research and experimenting I found only this solution.

Hello again,

I promised to add more MOCs very long ago but I was busy - right, building MOCs. But now I'll give you a LOT.

First a light cargo plane. I always liked the greenish color scheme of 7733 and 7734 and I needed parts with the right stickers:

p1010426.jpg

I could achieve a very low build using a car base:

p1010428.jpg

There is plenty of cargo room:

p1010429.jpg

Next let me show you my version of the popular VW Beetle:

p1010430.jpg

Unfortunately there was no place for a steering wheel:

p1010433.jpg

I was missing taxis for a long time but I love the color scheme and stickers since they came out with 7937 Train Station. The problem was though that no normal low car could seat two minifigures, I came up with a long version but the ultimate solution was using the new roof wedge part that came out in 2012, this is the result:

p1010434.jpg

I could not resist to build a taxi based on the VW van from 4207 City Garage, here is the result:

p1010503.jpg

There is room for the driver and two passengers and even for a suitcase:

p1010506.jpg

The next truck's color scheme might appear a little unrealistic but there is a reason why.

p1010438.jpg

(Image is link to gallery).

The reason is that it is actually a remake of the classic 685 Legoland Truck with Trailer, does anyone remember this?

p1010444.jpg

Side by side:

p1010445.jpg

Doors work almost exactly like in 7733 which is my personal favourite. Cargo is of course LEGO:

p1010443.jpg

I stop here before post gets too long and continue soon.

Ok, let's move on to the next, an old bus:

p1010446.jpg

It has panorama roofs and completely playable providing a lot of space for passengers. Roof uses a windscreen element and is easily removable for access, there is a lot of SNOT and still the construction is relatively robust (but fragile enough that something like this never goes to production):

p1010450.jpg

Let me show you my supercar collection:

p1010491.jpg

A big pickup often seen in the US:

p1010495.jpg

A simple but very nice articulated street sweeper:

p1010500.jpg

The collecting dustbin is there too:

p1010501.jpg

Luxury cabrio with an interesting color:

p1010507.jpg

My small car collection in colors never produced by TLG:

p1010509.jpg

p1010510.jpg

I like experimenting with colors, a SUV in dark red follows:

p1010511.jpg

And an orange car:

p1010513.jpg

I'll be back soon with the rest.

I also built a SUV and a trailer using the cloth from Indiana Jones 7622 Race for the Stolen Treasure:

p1010516.jpg

Pizza van using the printed tile from Toy Story 7598 Pizza Planet Truck Rescue:

p1010519.jpg

Octan truck based almost exactly on 3221 Lego City Truck and using chrome parts from 4 Juniors 4654 Tanker Truck, I did everything to cover the ugly yellow:

p1010522.jpg

Important details aren't missing either:

p1010525.jpg

Now my biggest creation in this series, a real ugly beast, the Airbus Beluga:

p1010526.jpg

It can transport a little more than a half of the hull of an airplane like 3181 Passenger Plane:

p1010531.jpg

Cockpit with the usual detailing and an extra service door:

p1010533.jpg

There is also a service door in the end of the cargo compartment:

p1010534.jpg

It also deserved chrome engines:

p1010527.jpg

View from behind with the APU:

p1010535.jpg

So much for this time, thanks for watching!

Goodness you have been busy eh ? :laugh:

All are great except for the street sweeper....EXCELLENT designing there and finally the real jumbo jet.....AWESOME ! :excited:

Please don't stop keep going, but you do need a town, freeway and airport now to go with your vehicle collections. :wink:

Brick On Drive On....er Fly On....'AFOLEGODT' ! :classic:

A lot of nice stuff here, but I have to agree with LT, that street sweeper is really the best one. Very cute and the perfect size! I also like the VW taxi, and the idea of re-making that classic blue/yellow truck.

I really like the pickup truck and the orange car in your final 2 posts. Very nice! There are several great creations in the bunch though! Keep up the good work!

These are all great. I really love all of them from the planes, utility vehicles, to the modern cars. :wub:

Also, I always love seeing the rainbow of smart cars. I can't wait to see your next huge batch of vehicles. :wink:

Lots of nice MOCs in this topic! i really like your camper-van and beetle.

do you have a disassembled photo of you vw beetle as it looks so cool

An excellent variety of vehicles built very well. I got hung up on the Airbus MOC. Very good job recreating that goofy looking jet, I love it (can't believe those things fly)! Among my other favorites are the VW's, the torpedo bus, pickup truck, street sweeper, and the recreation of 685. 685 was way before my time, but I instantly knew what that modern truck was representing. They are all fantastic! Keep up the great work default_classic.gif

I did not have but I made a series with the build steps for you.

You will find it in this gallery once made public.

p1010536.jpg

Additionally I liked the cabrio in the upcoming LEGO City Undercover very much so I built in (in a different color of course):

p1010560.jpg

It is not my design but I think it is definitely worth building so I wanted to show it.

do you have a disassembled photo of you vw beetle as it looks so cool