Sign in to follow this  
Big Cam

Where is this minifigure from?

So I have this fig that's been in my childhood collection for as long as I can remember, probably around 20 years. It always bugs me and I'm not sure why I've never tossed it so I come to you, a LEGO crowd. *huh*

If anyone can show me what it is, and even better yet a set that it may have come in, it may jog my memory, and I may have some back pieces in my childhood LEGO collection.

Click the images for bigger pictures.

5766696320_124a8c9812_z.jpg5766150913_598812f5eb_z.jpg

Thanks EB.

So I have this fig that's been in my childhood collection for as long as I can remember, probably around 20 years. It always bugs me and I'm not sure why I've never tossed it so I come to you, a LEGO crowd. *huh*

If anyone can show me what it is, and even better yet a set that it may have come in, it may jog my memory, and I may have some back pieces in my childhood LEGO collection.

Thanks EB.

He's from the Tyco Super Blocks sets from the 1980's.

He's from the Tyco Super Blocks sets from the 1980's.

:tongue: Well I didn't expect you to know Tyco that well! Good work!

Heeeeey, and look who was hiding amongst my LEGO when I was a child in the 80's.

16831_325651274950_522464950_4805780_2494248_n.jpg

But I do not still have possession of these guys. :tongue:

Well then, the mystery lays to rest. That would explain the handful of bricks I have that look like LEGO but just don't have the clutch power of real LEGO, and come to think of it, I think some of them say TYCO on them.

Thanks everyone.

Well then, the mystery lays to rest. That would explain the handful of bricks I have that look like LEGO but just don't have the clutch power of real LEGO, and come to think of it, I think some of them say TYCO on them.

Thanks everyone.

I had a pink bucket of Tyco parts when I was a kid... can't quite remember why. :tongue: The worst of the Tyco parts were the 1x1 round bricks. They had holes, but any actual LEGO pins could get stuck. I have memories of sorting through all my white 1x1 round bricks trying to identify which were LEGO and which were Tyco.

TYCO last well though, of all the clones I own, they looked so much like Lego that for a while I thought they were!

I was cleaning the room that holds all my LEGO and I had a trash bag for junk, so he's been tossed.

Although I haven't dumped the bag yet, he's not worth anything is he?

I have one that has a blue shirt and pants. Growing up, he was always the villain that my lego police force chased.

Well fitting for a clone. :enough::devil_laugh:

My stance on unwanted Clone bricks is donate. If you haven't got enough parts to really donate, see if it is possible to recycle it somehow.

However, if you have some parts to donate and you get a lot of mixed lots from yard sales/charity shops/ebay, then keep the odd clone parts in a box until it is full enough to donate. Those mixed lots always have at lest a handful of Mega and the odd generic chinese brick.