DaleDVM

Are you ready for Brickworld? and countdown clock...

Argh.... They moved the Chicago Lego store! :cry_sad:

(Don't worry, I found it after "trying" the IPad2 at the Apple store.)

Quarryman and I was there yesterday and squezed around the sets :-)!

Then dinner at the fine dining Hooters.

Today we went to our closest Super Target, They had a BOGO on HP, POTC and then some.

I'm thinking Saturday night. I figure we'll order right after we close up at 4 pm or so. This way if any of you EB people are around and want to socialize with us, you can.

Would my wife and I be able to RSVP? :grin:

Then dinner at the fine dining Hooters.

:roflmao: Yeah, there just for the cuisine.

P.S. We're here! To the relief of many, there's definitely a bath. :grin:

Phred, I already accounted for you and the wife!

Rufus and Pandora, glad to hear you both made it.

Good to see CopMike and Quarry made it into the city. I am currently at Woodfield since the Brickworld discount started today and we have had attendees coming in all day long. I'll be here til close, might see some of you. Seen a lot of locals so far.

847-517-1640, I'll be here until about 9pm if you need anything.

Man I miss you guys :cry_sad: Have fun with all the sales and BW of course.

You'll be missed! Although on the other hand it will be great not to look tiny in group photos... :grin:

God Bless,

Nathan

And speaking of being ready I've just spent a long time cursing while trying to add lights to a MOC. Halfway there now, just need to finish the difficult half. :wink:

We miss you ISC :cry_happy: ! The basement build last year was legendary!

Now I built two Maersk trucks with semi's and a crane to move around the containers - all in Maersk Blue of course :laugh: , lots of superrare pieces in those!

What am I doing up at 5:45? Damn thunderstorm! Atleast I went to bed at 1. :cry_sad:

ISC Brickworld will not be the same without you.

Glad to see everyone else made it into town. This is going to be a great event. I am going to the Orland store this morning muahaha. There are very few hardcore LEGO fans down this way. I will hit up the other stores this weekend, so I can buy many multiples of what I want. I'm sure the kingdoms sets won't sell out.

Stash it is raining hard again and I fear for your basement and the excuse it gives you to not build! :laugh:

hehe, Dale. :laugh: were you really up till 1 getting ready?

anyways, I'll probably stop at a LEGO store today on the way to opening ceremonies. :thumbup:

Picking up Copmike and Quarryman in about 45 minutes, then going to get Rufus and Pandora. Then we go to invade the Woodfield store. After that, dinner, Registration aroound 6pm, and opening ceremonies at 8.

Vincent, if I had room in the vehicle, I would be more than happy to give you a lift. I'm just packed right now and am kinda curious to see what it looks like after we fill the van with yellow bags.

So sorry to all of you about the relocation of the Chicago store. I knew that it moved but I guess just took it for granted because I'm from here and knew about the relocation.

And no Dale, it's not an excuse. I'm actually quite pissed off that I really don't have anything to contribute. Sucks! However, I have this strange feeling that next year is already being planned.

Talk to you all soon.

... and am kinda curious to see what it looks like after we fill the van with yellow bags.

Can't be as bad as sixty people in a bus going to the employee store in Billund with a 50% discount! :laugh:

Anyway, make sure to take pictures.

Sounds promising guys! I plan on making the trip next year so watch out! :devil:

However, I have this strange feeling that next year is already being planned.

:wink:

Stash, you're a star! :wub:

The multitude of yellow bags are now safely in our hotel room.

CopMike and Quarry may never see theirs again...... :look:

(Oh alright, we won't build them; you can have them back :wink: )

:grin:

I just thought I'd pop in and wish everyone a happy Brickworld! I just wish I could go... I'll definitely try harder to fit it in next year.

Enjoy! Have an awesome time, and don't forget the pictures!

One day of trying to set up the stuff, not finished by a long shot! We seem to be drinking and talking more than getting the actual setup going. Then of course, Hinckley is trying to be an A-student and have his Fabuland display ready:-(! Show off!

Btw, there was a box for us from Down Under with random lose parts just thrown in - we gave that crap away to an 12 year old kid :devil: !

And yeah - It's a blast :classic:!

Btw, there was a box for us from Down Under with random lose parts just thrown in - we gave that crap away to an 12 year old kid :devil: !

:tongue::laugh: You love a challenge! You had all week to work on that 'box of parts' :facepalm:

Hey guys, hope you are having a good time! Stupid sucky uni and golf screwing up my plans and all. Next year for sure! (now that I know the event is in May, meaning a get away in June would be possible too!) :classic: